RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Catalano

Single Gaze - 2 miles?

I was taken with the run of Single Gaze in the Caulfield Cup - what a tough little mare!

But I can't make a case for her staying two miles on her breeding:

5yo ch m 21/09/2012 Not A Single Doubt (AUS) - Redaluca's Gaze (AUS)(Intergaze (AUS))

Any of you breeding experts have an opinion?

I can see your point about the 2 miles.

Her damsire Intergaze  won multiple Grp 1s including the Doomben Cup, Australian Cup and Queen Elizabeth twice. He ran 3rd in the AJC Derby.  None of them are 2 miles but he was obviously a tough horse. ( 49 starts 12 wins 10 placings)

The only other thing I can see is a couple of, appropriately placed Nijinsky influences.

I presume you are looking forward to the Melbourne Cup ---for her it is probably will come down to how it is run. If it is a "sit and sprint" it might suit

Catalano

A quote from article about Single Gaze in today"s ANZ Bloodstock newsletter

“Redaluca’s Gaze had ten starts and won a 1000 metre race at Goulburn at her first start, which blew everyone away. Unfortunately, she broke down in a 2400 metres race when Guy thought she would win easily.”
So it looks like the dam had some staying ability.

I see Intergaze was the sire of Maybe Better, who ran third in the Cup one year.

Any other horse, from a big stable, better bred, and having run a strong 2nd in the Caulfield Cup, would be one of the favourites!

I've talked myself into believing she can win this :ph34r:

On 11/6/2017 at 2:57 PM, Catalano said:

I see Intergaze was the sire of Maybe Better, who ran third in the Cup one year.

Any other horse, from a big stable, better bred, and having run a strong 2nd in the Caulfield Cup, would be one of the favourites!

I've talked myself into believing she can win this :ph34r:

Don't change your mind

On 02/11/2017 at 1:31 PM, Patiti said:

Sit and sprint will never happen in a 2 mile race.

Always got to be tough enough to see out the distance.

Lol happened plenty of times in the Auckland cup, even a few winners of that race that were regarded as good mailers or 1800m horses