RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Mekong Princess protest contested???

While I am often left bemused by the actions of the stipes, I don't see 30 minutes as being excessive as long as it does not become a trend. Anything to do with getting people in one place and making a decision usually takes longer than one thinks.

Non-issue in my book.

3 hours ago, Overcheck said:

There seems to be a standard 30 minutes for all enquiries, most of which are fairly obvious. The strange thing is a more complicated enquiry seems to take 30 minutes also. Perhaps they get paid on a time basis.

Any inquiry affecting dividends is to be decided before the following race is due to get underway - if at all possible. Therefore there is some urgency involved in getting the parties together to be able to hear the evidence and make a balanced decision.

There is no such thing as a standard 30 minutes.

The JCA members do not drink alcohol when officiating at the races, what a post. 

If you want all the details about an inquiry, you will find them in tne JCA Chairman's report, not the stipes'.

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

I suppose but the judge seemed to sort out placings out pretty quickly on race day!

I will look forward to see what it says about why  Mr House could have possibly tried to contest the protest as it was pretty obvious that there was no obvious reason to contest it????

Should’ve been sorted a hell of a lot quicker than it was and most punters would know that.

Are you aggrieved at the 30 mins for some specific reason ?

15 minutes ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Are you aggrieved at the 30 mins for some specific reason ?

Well yes Kotare as I was waiting for the final result, as it affected me reasonably financially.

When it was taking so long I was wondering if Mekong Princess would somehow hold its winning position?

Do you not think that the result should have been resolved in 10minutes max, as it seemed to be a no brainer with no possible defence unless someone knows differently?

Surely in these open and shut cases it is in the best interests to have the result known quickly?

I am pretty sure if it wasn’t a 2day meeting and the Stipes and JCA werent having to stay in  Kaikoura, it would have been resolved a hell of a lot faster!

Anyway, going over old ground with no one able to suggest a logical reason for a 30minutes enquirey when the result was always a sure thing!

More important things but just put out there, as I do, to see what possible reason there was to defend the charge!

5 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Well yes Kotare as I was waiting for the final result, as it affected me reasonably financially.

When it was taking so long I was wondering if Mekong Princess would somehow hold its winning position?

Do you not think that the result should have been resolved in 10minutes max, as it seemed to be a no brainer with no possible defence unless someone knows differently?

Surely in these open and shut cases it is in the best interests to have the result known quickly?

I am pretty sure if it wasn’t a 2day meeting and the Stipes and JCA werent having to stay in  Kaikoura, it would have been resolved a hell of a lot faster!

Groundhog Day may have been useful.

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

Anyway, going over old ground with no one able to suggest a logical reason for a 30minutes enquirey when the result was always a sure thing!

More important things but just put out there, as I do, to see what possible reason there was to defend the charge!

The "logical reason" is that the case was defended and the defendant is entitled to his hearing.

Just as a matter of interest, have you ever attended one of these hearings?

16 minutes ago, Jape said:

The "logical reason" is that the case was defended and the defendant is entitled to his hearing.

Just as a matter of interest, have you ever attended one of these hearings?

Na, how would you ever get the opportunity?

Have seen a wee bit on TV though!

Not getting anywhere here, at the end of the day what has happened has happened.

If a straight forward protest takes 30minutes god help us if we really needed to have a more serious protest on Cup Day, it will take all day to resolve.

1 hour ago, Basil said:

Strike me.  I'd never have guessed!

Basil, you are a legend!

Hope you are well, as I sometimes get a wee bit concerned about your health!

9 hours ago, Brodie said:

Na, how would you ever get the opportunity?

Have seen a wee bit on TV though!

Not getting anywhere here, at the end of the day what has happened has happened.

If a straight forward protest takes 30minutes god help us if we really needed to have a more serious protest on Cup Day, it will take all day to resolve.

Are you the full quid, numerous people have told you to call RIU and even given you numbers. Call them up and stop wasting peoples time on here with frivolous repetitive questions.

6 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

That's what posting on this site is all about, posing questions you hope people may be able to help with or getting opinion if you choose not to read the post your time is not wasted!

Flagship, you are dead correct!

RaceCafe Was I believed was a site to discuss issues or thoughts regarding racing and sport etc.

I asked the question as to why a clear and simple protest would take 30 minutes to resolve?

No one has come up with what reason Mr House could possibly have to contest the protest!

But Yes, the normal tossers want to have a go at “The Brodster” just because they think they should.

Wasting my time when there are ones like that on here, so think I may as well go back into self imposed exile!!!!!

1 hour ago, Flagship uberalles said:

That's what posting on this site is all about, posing questions you hope people may be able to help with or getting opinion

Completely agree with that part of your statement and I don't think to many have any issue or disagree with that, the frustration is when the answer or a remedy is presented but the questioner keeps dragging things back around in circles and not really achieving anything.

18 minutes ago, tonkatime said:

Completely agree with that part of your statement and I don't think to many have any issue or disagree with that, the frustration is when the answer or a remedy is presented but the questioner keeps dragging things back around in circles and not really achieving anything.

Surely the problem is when no one can answer the question and it has not been reported what the basis of the defence was????

27 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Surely the problem is when no one can answer the question and it has not been reported what the basis of the defence was????

How thick are you B? Do you not understand that no one on here knows (or cares). You have been given phone numbers to get the information but still go around with your head stuck in the sand or in your case up your A.

Do you every stop and really think? Why do you think so many of us get sick of your tripe on here. We do not need to be told something 100 times for it to sink in. You obviously never listen as most of your complaints have been answered many times and you still don't understand.

They tell me that an ostrich has a brain smaller than its eye - I now know someone else like that

I think its pretty obvious why Michael House defended the charge.

It is touch and go if you watch the reply that the horse trotted again on or near the line. I would assume that he was questioning this. If you watch the reply and they freeze it on the post the horse appears to be trotting again and because it didn't gallop for more than 50 meters he had a valid point.

3 hours ago, dkc said:

I think its pretty obvious why Michael House defended the charge.

It is touch and go if you watch the reply that the horse trotted again on or near the line. I would assume that he was questioning this. If you watch the reply and they freeze it on the post the horse appears to be trotting again and because it didn't gallop for more than 50 meters he had a valid point.

Sorry, DKC, but according to the JCA report Mr House contested the protest on the grounds that his horse suffered interference from the tracks crossing!!

This took 30 minutes to decide that You can not get interference from the tracks crossing!

8 hours ago, Brodie said:

Sorry, DKC, but according to the JCA report Mr House contested the protest on the grounds that his horse suffered interference from the tracks crossing!!

This took 30 minutes to decide that You can not get interference from the tracks crossing!

So are you happy now or will you carry it on and make you look stupider if that's at all possible?????

1 hour ago, Fartoomuch said:

So are you happy now or will you carry it on and make you look stupider if that's at all possible?????

Ecstatic!

Doesnt take much to make “Brodie” happy.

The voice of reason!