RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

Not a good look for Oliver

11 hours ago, Trump said:

Protected species - but if Gary Willitts can get 6 months after his Manikato ride in the Caul Guineas, then Oliver's exhibition today should have got him at least the same. 

20 days - he basically extinguished the other horses chances and deliberately elbowed and pushed him off his line - 6 months would have been light - so much for the pre race Jocks talk for Group Ones 

Tell me how a rider gets 18 months suspension for wagering 1k on  a horse he rides to win and a fellow Australian can get a 20 meeting suspension for putting a rider and a horse in a life-threatening situation and in a G1 race, could only happen in Australia or America.What is the worse crime??? 

did I hear dean yendall say he would have done the same thing-

tough buggers those aussie jockeys when the bucks are up- I think greg hall destroyed a slipper field a few years ago - got fined 50k and plenty of time- if oliver is like a lot of jockeys I have known  add money as well it really hurts them. not saying they mean but most wouldn't shout if marooned in the desert and they saw  a  camel.

Oliver deserves every day of that suspension and has Buckleys of getting off. Williams now has to find a new rider for Almandin.

He has also stuffed the Derby market with Royal Symphony being so battered and bruised he has been withdrawn. With Weir taking Cliffs Edge out as well, the hopes of a NZ victory are getting better by the day. Busuttin has a strong hand now.

Royal Symphony has come out of that race battered and bruised but what I cant work out is why Yendall didn't move RS down to the rail instead of letting the horse get ,basically,assaulted.At least they would have had a horse for the Derby and probably would have had a much better chance of finishing closer.From what I have read in On The Punt Australia,the connections are not that happy with Yendall either.They believe for the sake of the horse he should have yielded when it became obvious Olliver wasn't going to give up.I think it became more personal than about the horses.

On 10/30/2017 at 8:42 PM, richie said:

Royal Symphony has come out of that race battered and bruised but what I cant work out is why Yendall didn't move RS down to the rail instead of letting the horse get ,basically,assaulted.At least they would have had a horse for the Derby and probably would have had a much better chance of finishing closer.From what I have read in On The Punt Australia,the connections are not that happy with Yendall either.They believe for the sake of the horse he should have yielded when it became obvious Olliver wasn't going to give up.I think it became more personal than about the horses.

Jockeys eh ?

Half trained little tykes most of them - as I often say to my mates:ph34r:

39 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Interesting use of the word tyke........clearly the epidemic of anti jockey lunacy on Cafe is spreading.

Actually I normally use another word but I erred on the side of caution.

Don't get worried - I have admiration for their courage etc etc.... but you see an awful lot of crazy decisions from them. I find it hard to get too excited about the impact a jockey has when evaluating a race usually  (yeah a couple of exceptions to that but ....)

On 10/29/2017 at 4:11 PM, Insider said:

I head from a “outstanding source” that James McDonald had “a very good hearing” on Friday. 

Reading between the lines he will be back sooner rather than later. 

you have some very good sources      NOT              FUNNIEST POST EVER

1 hour ago, gary1 said:

you have some very good sources      NOT              FUNNIEST POST EVER

The source was “outstanding” alright. Out standing in the wrong place to get the good oil from all accounts. Out standing in his field?