RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
ivanthegreat

Mooney Valley

If you see the crowd at the races today DONT get envious as it's quite an underwhelming experience, unless you have a minimum of membership privilege's. I am talking first hand experience and I have been to this track 5 times. 2 ( night )trotting meetings and 3 galloping ( 1 night and 2 day).

The last time I went I actually bought membership at Addington to get the reciprocal rights to MV.

They just don't cater for the general admission brigade in fact it is shocking, and as for Cox Plate day well that is an absolute laugh and that's after paying A$50 ?? to get in. The 2nd last time I went it reminded me of one of those 60's Jackpot meetings.

Trust me you get a better view in a backpackers in Westport.

I was able to go back to my room at the Sofitel on Collins St to overcome this shyte.

7 minutes ago, ivanthegreat said:

If you see the crowd at the races today DONT get envious as it's quite an underwhelming experience, unless you have a minimum of membership privilege's. I am talking first hand experience and I have been to this track 5 times. 2 ( night )trotting meetings and 3 galloping ( 1 night and 2 day).

The last time I went I actually bought membership at Addington to get the reciprocal rights to MV.

They just don't cater for the general admission brigade in fact it is shocking, and as for Cox Plate day well that is an absolute laugh and that's after paying A$50 ?? to get in. The 2nd last time I went it reminded me of one of those 60's Jackpot meetings.

I was able to go back to my room at the Sofitel on Collins St to overcome this shyte.

Shame. You should be at Ellerslie. Along with the other dozen people and a dog. No problem getting served there.....:rolleyes:

Having just spent the day there, I couldn't disagree more.   Great venue.  Lots of places to drink, eat, bet.  

Genuinely impresssed especially considering it was a sell out.   

Easily the the best big race day experience I have had. 

14 hours ago, ivanthegreat said:

I thoroughly disagree, having attended 19 Cox Plate days at MV, in both private dining areas or general public. I've seen the best win it. One of the most memorable experiences was standing in the Public area in front of the stands, with the masses, watching Black Caviar win the Sprint on the card. It was the year Pinker Pinker got a miracle run to beat the kiwi horse in the CP. ( Jimmy Chou?). If you are serious, then you should take Ohakason's advice and go to Trentham on Whyte's Hcp day and stand out the front of the public stand. You'll have it all to your little self. If you want something different, then pay the money and go upstairs and dine and watch races whilst being waitered on. Your choice.

2 hours ago, Trump said:

I thoroughly disagree, having attended 19 Cox Plate days at MV, in both private dining areas or general public. I've seen the best win it. One of the most memorable experiences was standing in the Public area in front of the stands, with the masses, watching Black Caviar win the Sprint on the card. It was the year Pinker Pinker got a miracle run to beat the kiwi horse in the CP. ( Jimmy Chou?). If you are serious, then you should take Ohakason's advice and go to Trentham on Whyte's Hcp day and stand out the front of the public stand. You'll have it all to your little self. If you want something different, then pay the money and go upstairs and dine and watch races whilst being waitered on. Your choice.

i can remember watching furys order win the cox plate you could stand near the winning post that day it wasnt hard to get a spot probably one of the slowest cox plates ever        been to quite a few all been great

1 hour ago, gary1 said:

i can remember watching furys order win the cox plate you could stand near the winning post that day it wasnt hard to get a spot probably one of the slowest cox plates ever        been to quite a few all been great

You can say that again!!

The race was run over 2000m then and Fury's Order ran 2:20:4 that day. By comparison the second slowest time was Battle Heights in 1974  when he ran 2:09:9.