RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
zelda kratchanova 2

wayville v Menangle

Good to watch for a change. Would have been great viewing to be there. Wonder how many drivers got dizzy in the 2600 meter race. One race  when the horse was in front  by 30 or so meters the tv coverage flicked off thinking the race was over and then realised there was another lap to go. Haha. 

All you had to do was pick a horse that begins well and lead. Luckily I managed to do that on several occasions. 

As far as excitement ,atmosphere,connection with the action it beats racing on tracks that lack all of the former like 90% of tracks in nz.  The aforementioned are all the reasons why people go to grass tracks here,im always surprised why nz does not have a 800 or 900 m grass track with 3 or 4 meetings a year. Obviously  wayville a one day a year meeting,where the local community get behind it for the good of local businesses,becoming the type of meeting that those that attend will remember for years. Atmosphere and the sense of being at a special event are I believe far more important in getting people on track,much moreso than having quality horses.

Personally ive always thought the track in nz with the most potential for atmosphere, and having a couple of big traditional crowd pulling days is Forbury. Problem there is they have a stand in the right spot but its taped off. They should run a couple of their  meetings in the warmer months directed at attracting the locals,including the students. Put a concert on at the end of the day with tickets pre sold whereby they need to be on course during part of the raceday.  Also run one for the pensioners on another day.Target the large groups like them who will come. Do people know how many retired people actually watch the racing,well at least did while it was free to air.Get sponsors on board who cater to those groups. They would become known as a couple of days each year with special events.    No point doing it on most tracks though as the action on the track is too far away to have any atmosphere.  

8 hours ago, what a post said:

Personally ive always thought the track in nz with the most potential for atmosphere, and having a couple of big traditional crowd pulling days is Forbury

Forbury is cool. Very similar to Cambridge. In your face and the action is fast.

Unlike Ashvegas! :wacko:

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 1:44 PM, harewood said:

Good to watch for a change.

That's about it. For a change . It was a dangerous track, as was the Melbourne Showgrounds . I was there as a 16 yr old when my Mother took me along when on holiday.

I remember distinctly horses having all sorts of bother at speed on tight corners with one particular incidence when a cart veered across the track with broken shafts into the crowd packed along the edge of the race track, with horses spread all over the place.

That's why we have bigger tracks. Horses and carts weren't meant to negotiate tight circular courses at speed.

And I agree with the comments on Forbury. Just the right size , with plenty of moves from the back .