RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Breeder

This is a tough game

I was looking through the October Inglis Online sale the other day and noticed a stallion for sale.  Rock and Swing  4 yr old by Fastnet Rock x Dance on By ( by Sadler's Wells). This the High Chaparral family.

He had raced 7 times for 1 win and a 3rd then "broke down" with an injury ( a vets certificate was given in the sales information.) 

He sold as a yearling at the Karaka Premier sale for $600,000. He sold last night in the online sale for A$30K !!

He is out of a full sister to High Chaparral whom I understand is owned in NZ. He won his first start (just) after running on from the back. He never fired in subsequent starts four of which were on heavy tracks. I think his full sister is racing in NZ and has won 2.

Brendon McCarthy snr died in Jan this year.He was highly respected and was President and Life member of TBV.He was responsible for lobbying the VRC and State Govt to establish the VOBIS scheme,obviously a visionary. I understand that at one time he owned the largest broodmare band in Victoria and had Clearview Park ,on the Goulburn River at Tallarook.

I am unsure if the family still have broodmares there so it could be that Rock and Swing may get his chance as a sire. Maybe someone closer to the family may know