RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Swede

King Of Swing

I see King of Swing has been placed on the outside of the second line for the Sires Stakes heat at Alex Park on Friday night. As a previous heat winner he had to be given the least preferential draw.  I'm surprised that's not the outside of the front line in a 1700-metre race. It would be much harder for him there than three on the second line in an 11 horse field where he could punch through behind a fast beginner to a handy position. Can anyone explain this? 

If he's a fast beginner he could get around the one one from the early rush from the outside and this could be better draw if horse he drawn behind on the second row is a tardy beginner.     Glass half full half empty situation. 

40 minutes ago, Swede said:

I see King of Swing has been placed on the outside of the second line for the Sires Stakes heat at Alex Park on Friday night. As a previous heat winner he had to be given the least preferential draw.  I'm surprised that's not the outside of the front line in a 1700-metre race. It would be much harder for him there than three on the second line in an 11 horse field where he could punch through behind a fast beginner to a handy position. Can anyone explain this? 

The highest rated horse is allocated the outside of the second row at Alex Park.

the least  p bd at auckland 1700 mtr start is11 in a 11 horse field. I do agree depending on front line 3 on second line could be better than 8    The wise ones at atc and hrnz have decreed following PBD for 1700 ................ 123459 10 678 11  

3 minutes ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

What is the theory behind the outside (8) being the 6th best draw and (7) being the 10th best  ?

Or am I reading that wrong ?

Visit to spec savers  due Kotare i think. 

Draw 8 is the 10th and draw 7 is the 9th. That seems logical to me. 

let me explain ... each start on each track has its own list 1700 ak is

1 - 5  self explanatory

9 - 10 second line positions 1 and 2 considered preferential to wider than 5

6 7 8 considered worse than 1 and 2 on second line

11 is cosidered worse than 6,7,8, therefore gets outside second line' I think worst draw over 1700 is outside front line but greater minds think otherwise. hope this helps !!!

12 hours ago, Swede said:

Sorry Harewood. You can't count. Kotare Hunter is right. I'm even more baffled now. 

When i went to school Swede draw No 8 is counting from the most favorable to least in position No10  and likewise draw  No7  in no 9th position.  How did you go at maths?

Here is the actual barrier draw conditions for this race.

For 3-year-old pacing colts & geldings. A manual draw for this race was conducted as King Of Swing a previous heat winner is an acceptor

Cheers.

Robert.

yes Double R. you are correct. the point of all this is to explain the positioning of putting King in the most unfavourable position.You need to have agrasp of why KOS is at 3 on second line not what most people would presume 8 over the short distance heat. It is not a PBD conditioned race however. . it needs to be examined for clarity but I dont think it is clear to everyone . 

3 minutes ago, john legend said:

yes Double R. you are correct. the point of all this is to explain the positioning of putting King in the most unfavourable position.You need to have agrasp of why KOS is at 3 on second line not what most people would presume 8 over the short distance heat. It is not a PBD conditioned race however. . it needs to be examined for clarity but I dont think it is clear to everyone . 

Agree John. Outside of the front row is much more difficult to overcome than 3 on the second line. A number of years ago the heat winners were ineligible to run other heats.