RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Blue

"Early Doors" ???

Who the F..... regurgitated this old phrase? Is it to become the new (old) buzz-word?I hear Greg O'Connor and George Simon using it regularly. If they mean" earlier" or 'leading into' why don't they say that? In fact it was also a term once used to describe premature ejaculation. We don't need this crap 'going forward.'

2 hours ago, Blue said:

Who the F..... regurgitated this old phrase? Is it to become the new (old) buzz-word?I hear Greg O'Connor and George Simon using it regularly. If they mean" earlier" or 'leading into' why don't they say that? In fact it was also a term once used to describe premature ejaculation. We don't need this crap 'going forward.'

Money right on the lolly there mate. 

And then there are those who think they are SO clever by referring to the second to last race as the penultimate.

And of course we have DAs much used 'alluded to'.

Plain English boys and girls plain English.

I just hope the talking heads on Trackside are paid according to the (lack of) quality of their performances.

A couple of items amused me last weekend.  Rodley, interviewing Bruce Harvey after Londaro won the first at Hastings, a $10K maiden, suggested that Harvey must be pleased that his horse had won a good race on a big day of racing.  Next day at Te Rapa Prattlewell announced before the opening event that the horses were about to be legged up by their jockeys.

30 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Just for clarity my comments weren't directed at Trackside staff, I was commenting on the use of that irritating phrase amongst the wider community.

I take it you mean that at the current moment?

I must admit I do not mind the more "flowery" statements and words most of the time, but what does annoy me is when they are not used correctly. eg "Early Doors" is being used after a race starts which is incorrect. The origin of the saying was when people queued up for a show or event BEFORE the doors were open. Therefore to comment on a horse's chances or behaviour before the start would be the correct use of early doors.