RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Diver Dan

Why book overweight, Rodley?

Race 3 JOHN’S PHOTO PHARMACY 1200

The connections opted to replaced L Innes who was 0.5 kg over-weight on GRIS DAME with M Du Plessis.

Race 5 COONEY LEES MORGAN 1600

The connections opted to replace O Bosson who was 0.5 kg over-weight on MONGOLIAN CONQUEROR with M Coleman.

Stewards: B Jones (Chairman), J Oatham, A Coles, W Robinson

Fines: Nil

What a bunch of gutless wonders!

Why does the RIU do nothing?

Why don't these jockeys get fined ffs?

Why doesn't  the Jockeys manager get fined - you can't tell me they were booked while they were under the carded weight.

How many times are they allowed to be over weight before they are fined?

Are we that Mickey Duck???

3 hours ago, Diver Dan said:

The connections opted to replaced L Innes who was 0.5 kg over-weight on GRIS DAME with M Du Plessis.

The connections opted to replace O Bosson who was 0.5 kg over-weight on MONGOLIAN CONQUEROR with M Coleman.

Why doesn't  the Jockeys manager get fined - you can't tell me they were booked while they were under the carded weight.

Are we that Mickey Duck???

3 hours ago, Diver Dan said:

Are we that Mickey Duc

I totally agree with you the manager Rodley should be lined up. By the way is he still the manager for Michael McNab if so how many rides has he had to give up lately for being overweight?

Yep this is one of my pet peeves.  Couple of weeks ago Michael McNab rode Pure Lorde on the Friday.  She was down to carry 56kgs and he rode her 0.5kgs overweight. 

Next day he was down to ride Imperium down south carrying 54.5kgs (or 54kgs).  Didn't stand a hope in hell of making that weight but he wasn't replaced until late Saturday morning.  He had to give up a couple of rides and that was the difference between winning and losing the jockey challenge.  No refund for anyone who backed him.  

I know having to waste and maintain a riding weight is very difficult but he shouldn't be allowed to accept rides he can't make the weight for.  Punters (and owners) get burnt by this too often.

I see from Stewards report that he was suspended three days for this - good to see them trying to address this issue (at least in his case).

I'm not excusing any jockey (or agent) who accepts a ride at a challenging weight, however it must be hard to maintain a good, doable riding weight whe you're not riding competitively on a daily basis....I do think this problem is exacerbated here in NZ where jockeys are travelling far & wide and lacking the time to spend in the sauna and /or other methods of weight maintenance. Especially if flights are cancelled or delayed....