RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Berri

Another belt in the head

Look upon Stuff....sports headlines....nothing about the Caulfield Cup 

Come on you over paid light weight media experts at the NZRB and NZTR....do your  job.....get racing into the headlines....it's the least you could do for your $200,000 salary

Within a hour of the cup finishing, there was a "Latest news headline" on the front page about Cory Parish winning the Cup.

Given that it wasn't a Kiwi horse, it was never going to be breaking news...

I'm in France so couldn't see any race coverage or TAB results as the TAB site is blocked, but I managed to get my Caulfield Cup result only a few minutes after the race on Stuff. Their coverage of racing as news items has been miles better in recent months. They feature racing result stories most saturdays quite quickly. Its an easy content filler for them. Racing has probably never had better coverage as general news.

isnt the answer we have to help ourselves- have  people in clubs etc take the news to them-for example the atc could have some one keeping tv herald etc up to speed on whats going on.maybe a committee man make a trip to tv 3  every week and keep them updated- I rang steven stewart re montes and he couldn't coverit quick enough.give the press the news don't make them search  for it- 

same as radio go and see radio sport and ask for a slot  and tell them whats going on.have to help ourself in this environment- for example nz trotting cup coming up - give them a weekly update what is happening arrange an interview with dexter dunn - ask him his perspective whats going on- not on trackside- mainstream radio  tony veitch etc- we are not trying hard enough