RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Spikecity

M T Pockets

4 hours ago, Spikecity said:

You probably wouldn't hit him enough to satisfy Tim:)

spike, seriously what is In It for you to be saying such a ridiculous thing?

Tim Vince is a racing enthusiast that has done a hell of a lot for harness racing and it is his like that we can not afford to lose.

He has prolonged the life of many horses that wouldn’t still be around if it wasn’t for him, and is doing a remarkable job with them.

With a comment like that, how on earth can any of your opinions be taken with any credibility??

The Stipes found Ms. Wigg had no charges to answer for and yet you make such a snide ridiculous comment.

The truth of the matter is that her horse galloped and yet she still managed to try and win the race for all of its connections which is what the punter, owner and trainer would appreciate!

So you thought she drove it well then? It can never win (for all of its connections which is what the punter, owner and trainer would appreciate!) (geez) because it galloped for about 200m (and so would be disqualified) so either she didn't know the rules regarding this (all licence holders are supposed to know these). She looked after no one because the horse had done it's chips because of the gallop. Have you even watched the race? She never stopped hitting the horse from the 800m mark. Assuming she knows the rules she must have had an anger attack or if she didn't she should be done for not knowing them.

Now you say the stipes found she had no charge to answer and you who usually condemn them suddenly agree with them - unbelievable. - I suggest you have another look at the race and compare it with Reekies drive because many on here(except only you and the stipes) believe it was in the same class. One gets 12 months and the other gets away scotfree. 

Imagine if it had been Neil Brady or someone else on the outer - what do you think would have happened. As you have stated before many times the stipes have their favorites and their enemies.

10 hours ago, Brodie said:

The Stipes found Ms. Wigg had no charges to answer for and yet you make such a snide ridiculous comment.

Crikey!  So the stipes are always right then Brodie?

On 11/8/2017 at 8:58 AM, Basil said:

Crikey!  So the stipes are always right then Brodie?

Basil, the Stipes are there to make a call according to rules etc.

When they are wrong I say so, when they are right I support them.

I have no personal vendetta against the Stipes but they do make mistakes and there are some stupid decisions made as many know!

Did you know that I am not that keen on the 10hit rule that the Stipes try to police?

On 11/8/2017 at 3:51 AM, Spikecity said:

So you thought she drove it well then? It can never win (for all of its connections which is what the punter, owner and trainer would appreciate!) (geez) because it galloped for about 200m (and so would be disqualified) so either she didn't know the rules regarding this (all licence holders are supposed to know these). She looked after no one because the horse had done it's chips because of the gallop. Have you even watched the race? She never stopped hitting the horse from the 800m mark. Assuming she knows the rules she must have had an anger attack or if she didn't she should be done for not knowing them.

Now you say the stipes found she had no charge to answer and you who usually condemn them suddenly agree with them - unbelievable. - I suggest you have another look at the race and compare it with Reekies drive because many on here(except only you and the stipes) believe it was in the same class. One gets 12 months and the other gets away scotfree. 

Imagine if it had been Neil Brady or someone else on the outer - what do you think would have happened. As you have stated before many times the stipes have their favorites and their enemies.

Spikester, I don’t condemn the Stipes at all.

Yes they make some dumb decisions but they are human after all!

I point out the wrong decisions from time to time.

Ms. Wigg is one of the very best amateur drivers that NZ has, and I appreciate that the horse couldn’t win after galloping but my point is that as a punter I prefer that the driver has a go, rather than just a passenger and not have a go, which happens too frequently!

8 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Spikester, I don’t condemn the Stipes at all.

Except when you think they are wrong

Yes they make some dumb decisions but they are human after all!

Do you think this was a dumb decision?

I point out the wrong decisions from time to time.

Ms. Wigg is one of the very best amateur drivers that NZ has, and I appreciate that the horse couldn’t win after galloping but my point is that as a punter I prefer that the driver has a go, rather than just a passenger and not have a go, which happens too frequently!

Do you think this drive was almost as bad as Reekie's?

Easy questions - a simple yes or no will suffice

2 hours ago, Spikecity said:

Easy questions - a simple yes or no will suffice

Spike, I have previously stated that Mr Reekie should  not have been so severely punished as he was an AMATEUR driver!

Was It a good drive from Ms. Wigg? The horse galloped and no she couldn’t have won due to the length of the gallop but as you know 

Amateur races are a lottery and the drivers are AMATEUR so you take your chances!

The Stipes should be querying the professionals that drive shockers rather than picking on the easy prey!

Ms. Wigg could have followed the field around and not got the same money as she did by chasing the field.

Ms. Wigg works with the horse so I,would say she would have more of an idea than what you or me have about the horse!

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

Spike, I have previously stated that Mr Reekie should  not have been so severely punished as he was an AMATEUR driver!

Was It a good drive from Ms. Wigg? The horse galloped and no she couldn’t have won due to the length of the gallop but as you know 

Amateur races are a lottery and the drivers are AMATEUR so you take your chances!

The Stipes should be querying the professionals that drive shockers rather than picking on the easy prey!

Ms. Wigg could have followed the field around and not got the same money as she did by chasing the field.

Ms. Wigg works with the horse so I,would say she would have more of an idea than what you or me have about the horse!

???/ Can I have straight answers please? Didn't think this would be so difficult "a yes or no" 

9 hours ago, Spikecity said:

???/ Can I have straight answers please? Didn't think this would be so difficult "a yes or no" 

A straight yes or no to what?

Whether It was a poor drive by Ms.Wigg?

The horse galloped and she tried to win the race after that by catching the field and going around.

Under the circumstances it wasn’t a bad drive and it wasn’t a conservative drive either, aNd that is the way the Stipes obviously saw it!

Well,well,well.....another Amateur drive on MT Pockets last night ,maybe proving the amateurs know a bit more about harness than what some on here give them credit for.

MT obviously likes to be out and rolling ,out wide and going hard ,maybe can't do a 27 quarter even if cuddled up with a pretty drive !

But give him 29,29,29 and he keeps going....ideal for amateurs!

One for the Amateurs last night.....well done Team Vince !

1 hour ago, tasman man 11 said:

Well,well,well.....another Amateur drive on MT Pockets last night ,maybe proving the amateurs know a bit more about harness than what some on here give them credit for.

MT obviously likes to be out and rolling ,out wide and going hard ,maybe can't do a 27 quarter even if cuddled up with a pretty drive !

was good to see a set of professional hands hold him in a pace out of the gate and then press forward ;):D 

On 11/25/2017 at 11:51 AM, hsvman said:
On 11/25/2017 at 10:29 AM, tasman man 11 said:

was good to see a set of professional hands hold him in a pace out of the gate and then press forward ;):D 

I notice the lady kicked their arse by 8 lengths  today !!

I also note that several horses driven by professional drivers broke or went rough at all stages of races over Friday and the weekend , so it can happen.

The lady has an incredible strike rate .

Don't you hate that !:P:rolleyes:

8 hours ago, tasman man 11 said:

I notice the lady kicked their arse by 8 lengths  today !!

I also note that several horses driven by professional drivers broke or went rough at all stages of races over Friday and the weekend , so it can happen.

The lady has an incredible strike rate .

Don't you hate that !:P:rolleyes:

Good drive indeed. I liked the way she let it run without fighting it,while still driving at a consistent speed.  Obviously she has the confidence to drive it to its strengths, and not worry too much if she cops some flak if it did not come off.  You don't see tactics like that much, which is  probably why it added a bit of excitement to the race.