RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
porky

Go Winnie

1 minute ago, poundforpound said:

A very learned man told me yesterday that NZ is the only country worldwide ( using MMP ) that doesn’t afford the party with the most seats a mandatory opportunity to form a coalition to govern.

He is correct P4P

1 minute ago, hesi said:

I'm pretty sure that Grego is talking about the hundreds of thousands of semi-skilled blue collar workers who make the wheels of industry turn and who have to work hard just to stand still, the people that Peter's is saying capitalism has become a foe, and don't say they will be worse off under this new mob, they would probably look at you sideways and say it hasn't worked after 9 years, we'll someone else a go.

While I agree with the idiots claim(well it's not his, it's some learned person he talked to), that the party winning the most seats should have first option to try and form a Govt, I doubt they could have.

Peters hates them and the Greens membership would never accept them

Hesi 50% of workers pay NO tax with all the rebates such as Working for Families, so their Gross is actually their Nett. Bump it up, there goes inflation, a cry that they are in poverty again and on and on it goes. A bit like the gauge of "living in poverty"--income of 60% of the average wage. Bump up the average wage and there will be the SAME number in poverty by the statistical measure.

25 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Because you're ashamed of your position in life ?

Tell the truth, it gives you credibility ( you have none now ).

I'm guessing you're a sickness beneficiary with a long term back injury. Correct ?

probably down with  at least 4 i see when i go down to river mouth supplementing their acc and winz with their whitebait catch     p4p one of them actually has a back injury but standing in the surf helps the pain  he says its like a spa soothing

8 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

So if a bank finances a farm purchase for a bloke who lives in Gore, but the bank is the ANZ, and it's foreign owned, is that ok in your world ?

not to many banks not owned offshore there sonny. have you ever tried to get a loan lately? unless your from overseas or wages are around $250 per year you have not got a shit hell of a chance.to buy a house even under the welcome loan , set up by the governments of past years. tried it on $50,000 and was turned down, so brought house out right so no mortgage , that's suits us better :)

16 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

So if a bank finances a farm purchase for a bloke who lives in Gore, but the bank is the ANZ, and it's foreign owned, is that ok in your world ?

That's a strange way to look at it.  In march  of this year it was reported there had been a recent spike in overseas purchase of nz farm land and forestry. As our man Winston said"it shows the then nz govt. did not give a hoot,and wheres the gain for new Zealanders."  

I'm obviously talking about the Canadians, chinese, australians, americans etc.  Not nz based farmers.  Nz based farmers will find it easier to purchase in the future as current farm prices will not be sustained due to the reduction in supply of potential buyers. The new government is at least looking to whats best for new Zealanders. 

Guest 2Admin2
29 minutes ago, final luca said:

not to many banks not owned offshore there sonny. have you ever tried to get a loan lately? unless your from overseas or wages are around $250 per year you have not got a shit hell of a chance.to buy a house even under the welcome loan , set up by the governments of past years. tried it on $50,000 and was turned down, so brought house out right so no mortgage , that's suits us better :)

You're already doing well on your benefit.  Well done.

52 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Because you're ashamed of your position in life ?

Tell the truth, it gives you credibility ( you have none now ).

I'm guessing you're a sickness beneficiary with a long term back injury. Correct ?

got a bit of a mouth on you little man. there are some on benefit that are genuine  medical problems that can not receive ACC so have to rely on winz.

my whole left side has gone, and it is now starting on my right side, it is either cancer (i'll call it that as can not remember how to spell it's name) or diabeties, 

it is in my spinal area, legs and feet, and also affects my vision while driving , watching tv, reading or just everyday contact, yep I should not be on the road.

I don't choose to be this way, after loosing 2 sisters and 3 others in the family to the same cancer, another under going kemo, aa brother just out of hospital with cancer and a brother in law undergoing the same, I do not find it funny some comments,i'd like to live to 80 but I know that isn't going to happen, so I take every day as a blessed day. and I am grate ful for thst I do receive off winz even though it isn't a lot. because some one votes for a different political party than others doesn't make them bad, hell, I don't blame you guys for voting nation, someone has got to. the situation we are all in was caused by both labour (helen clark) and national, under mmp the people worked it so it was possible that mmp would work for the betterment of all people although some do not see it that way,only time will tell, yep I may live long enough to regret the way I voted, but for now I am happy, watching the tory's swearm , like rats in water.

but please p4p and others never presume that those on benefits are bludgers, and remember the sickness benefit ia actually no more, they amalgamated it into one benefit meaning people like myself that can not work, can be sent out for work/ or sent to jobs when and if winz feel they should and could. it works for some and not for others,but I guess you will have an answer for what I have just outlined,, and to that i'd say, good for you, I just hope you will never have to rely on a hand out and please don't insult yourself by saying it will never happen to me., I know better people than yourself that it has happened to.

11 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

National had there fair share of dodgy deals, just ask Murray maccully! Winnie was always going to upgrade rail up north, it seems Auckland gets everything and smaller places get nothing so a good thing if rail up north gets upgraded get all those trucks off the road so we don't need so many drivers wearing turbans, we can just use the kiwi drivers and cut down on immigration. National won't get in under Paula Bennett next election!

your delusional if you think paula will lead the national as for you turbans friends if they didnt drive the cabs there would be none and  do you really realise how many immigrants come once you have found that deduct the people leaving then you will have the real figure

55 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Why don’t you comment on what appears to be the corruption being reported already as a part of this deal.

Media sources are saying Labour has agreed to spend 500 million upgrading rail to the north ( remind me again where Winnie just lost his seat, and where Shane Jones comes from ). Is that 500 million well spent, shouldn’t it be going toward the homeless or child poverty ? No the nihilistic skanks are using our money to buy power, they’re devoid of morals and will do anything, no matter how reckless, to buy their way into office.

In addition the Kermadec reserve deal which National supported, and which will probably get passed into law with a member’s bill, was sabotaged by Winnie for what reason again.....here’s a clue....it wasn’t for Owen Glenn this time.......but there’s always a backhander or a favour owed when these type of deals are sabotaged. It all seems a bit whiffy to me.

My feeling is that anyone getting into bed with Labour, or more particularly Winnie, is politically doomed, on that basis I’m pleased National didn’t buy into this type of corruption because they’ll be in on a landslide next time and NZ First will be obliterated and hopefully out of Parliament forever. We might even get to change the MMP system slightly to avoid a repetition of this current farce.

The Kermadec deal has been scuppered by the Maoris and large fishing organisations who contributed plenty to NZF campaign funds. The Port question will be interesting. A large chunk of land at Marsden has sold very recently so someone either knows something or is taking a punt. My information is though that Ports of Tauranga are a large shareholder so can't imagine they will be supporting any move.

1 hour ago, final luca said:

got a bit of a mouth on you little man. there are some on benefit that are genuine  medical problems that can not receive ACC so have to rely on winz.

my whole left side has gone, and it is now starting on my right side, it is either cancer (i'll call it that as can not remember how to spell it's name) or diabeties, 

it is in my spinal area, legs and feet, and also affects my vision while driving , watching tv, reading or just everyday contact, yep I should not be on the road.

I don't choose to be this way, after loosing 2 sisters and 3 others in the family to the same cancer, another under going kemo, aa brother just out of hospital with cancer and a brother in law undergoing the same, I do not find it funny some comments,i'd like to live to 80 but I know that isn't going to happen, so I take every day as a blessed day. and I am grate ful for thst I do receive off winz even though it isn't a lot. because some one votes for a different political party than others doesn't make them bad, hell, I don't blame you guys for voting nation, someone has got to. the situation we are all in was caused by both labour (helen clark) and national, under mmp the people worked it so it was possible that mmp would work for the betterment of all people although some do not see it that way,only time will tell, yep I may live long enough to regret the way I voted, but for now I am happy, watching the tory's swearm , like rats in water.

but please p4p and others never presume that those on benefits are bludgers, and remember the sickness benefit ia actually no more, they amalgamated it into one benefit meaning people like myself that can not work, can be sent out for work/ or sent to jobs when and if winz feel they should and could. it works for some and not for others,but I guess you will have an answer for what I have just outlined,, and to that i'd say, good for you, I just hope you will never have to rely on a hand out and please don't insult yourself by saying it will never happen to me., I know better people than yourself that it has happened to.

the medical name for my illness is  Amyloidosis   myeloma,  and it seems it runs in my family.

26 minutes ago, hesi said:

The pro's and con's of immigration can be sometimes hard to stomach for the resident population, sometimes you just have to take it on the chin.  The first generation never integrate, you have to wait until the 2nd, 3rd and 4th generations, to see integration, usually through inter racial marriage.

I can recall back in the 50's and 60's, how despised the Pommies in this country were, now they are just bloody Poms:)

And still bloody despised Hesi....:rolleyes:

Just now, hesi said:

I recall the Islanders came after the Poms, I worked(yes I have worked, all my life actually) in the Waitoa dairy factory in those days packing milk powder, and NZ Co-Op Dairy brought in a whole lot of Tongans to work, they were big strong fellas who could through a 25kg bag of milk powder across the packing hall.  They did their 3 months or whatever the season was and scarpered up to Auckland, never to be heard of again.

You have gone up to Auckland also but unfortunately we hear plenty from you. :P 

On 10/19/2017 at 9:58 PM, Insider said:

That’s OK. The young of NZ will once again be able to OWN THEIR OWN HOUSE. 

Is that a bad thing?

They won’t because they won’t go without any things they regard as normal, to save.  They want it handed to them on a plate.

1 hour ago, Tapu said:

They won’t because they won’t go without any things they regard as normal, to save.  They want it handed to them on a plate.

totally agree. my eldest grandson is 17, we have quite a large section that until a month or two ago I was mowing, my wife and daughter have been trying to get on top of it, today my daughter was out there mowing with the jolly thing right down and still the grandson sat in his room playing games, so I went out and did some mowing then I had to give it up because of pain , these young fella of today piss me off something terrible, my children were brought up to do things, they all have jobs, as school kids and still do. the grandson is meant to leave school come end of this year and has no idea what he wants to do... I do worry for him, but it all comes down to choices as parents etc, we can only guide to the best of our ability.

5 minutes ago, Insider said:

Barry, did you really mean to say that?

Absolutely, he states a large section and still mowing lawns, yet he refers to being in pain for a long time & unable to work.

Mowing large lawns can be a rather strenuous activity, certainly wont have helped with pain I would have thought.

5 minutes ago, barryb said:

Absolutely, he states a large section and still mowing lawns, yet he refers to being in pain for a long time & unable to work.

Mowing large lawns can be a rather strenuous activity, certainly wont have helped with pain I would have thought.

FL has already told us about his not inconsequential health problems, so think you should cut him some slack Barry....

11 minutes ago, barryb said:

Mowing large lawns can be a rather strenuous activity.

Barry, he doesn't actually say he is unable to work.   Read his post again - unless I've missed an earlier post of course.

Apologies if I have.