RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
porky

Go Winnie

15 minutes ago, Tauhei Notts said:

Tom,

If you charge yourself too much, will you go blind?

Has that been your experience Mr Notts?

Anyway you lot we are getting off the topic.  Won't Donald think it is a treat when there is the first meeting between him and Teethcinda?  

2 hours ago, porky said:

I am amazed with the lack of support for Winston, when alot of you have been supporting him on here for years.

YAWN...don,t worry...

I think most of you moaners have all your money tied up in trusts, have good accountants and children/grandchildren in private schools or

partly funded childcare centers set up by the previous govt.

I wonder how that un- parented (dropped off in the morning / picked up after work generation, will emerge/eventuate?...Time will tell.    

Yep and pay the vast majority of taxes in the country to support those who are tax neutral. google it up Porky, over 50% of the population receive more in govt assistance than they pay in tax. Rather than shit on these people who pay the tax that funds the country, you bend over backwards to accomodate them & give them reasons to want to grow, not foster a handout mentality which is the road we are now going down.

I did not vote Labour but I have nothing against Jacinda Adern and I wish her all the best. My only resentment comes from the appalling behaviour of Peters, a serial fudger of facts, who had the discourtesy of delivering a speech bagging the economy and then disclosing who NZ First would support in government. Couldn't park his egomania for 5 minutes and do the respectful thing and advise English and Adern and let Adern make the statement. She is kinda lucky that Helen Clark has her back--not sure what the other Clarke is protecting but in all sincerity hopes he looks after her health--it is no easy mission she has embarked on. (had a brief dalliance with politics myself and it is draining if you are committed)

And what an exciting line up we now have in Cabinet......:rolleyes:

Inside Cabinet will be:

Jacinda Ardern, David Clark, Clare Curran, Kelvin Davis, Chris Hipkins, Iain Lees-Galloway, Andrew Little, Nanaia Mahuta, Stuart Nash, Damien O'Connor, David Parker, Grant Robertson, Jenny Salesa, Carmel Sepuloni, Phil Twyford and Megan Woods.

2 hours ago, TOM(the other Molloy) said:

Has that been your experience Mr Notts?

Anyway you lot we are getting off the topic.  Won't Donald think it is a treat when there is the first meeting between him and Teethcinda?  

you guys are going to be in a power of pain when these people actually do something .So far you are aching like a migraine and all they have done is celebrate their win ,have a kip,shit ,shower and some weeties.

Hesi, most of them have been totally uninspiring in Opposition so you think Curran, Twyford, Hipkins, Mahuta, O'Connor, Parker, Little etc are going to find some latent gravitas by sitting on the other side of the House. They are has-beens, just like Nick Smith, Brownlie Collins etc on the other side.

How do I know I must be one of "middle Zealand"? I don't really care which side Winnie went with. We have had a couple of decades of the "trickle down" theory and that has been well and truly debunked. The company exec's salary increases are treble or quadruple everyone elses and high immigration keeps it like that. But if the other lot get in we find the bottom tier get big tax handouts and the producers of the "at risk" kids (meaning putting the rest of us at risk) make all the gains. We in the middle just keep paying our taxes but never seeing the benefits of the "robust economy". So if the best I can hope for is Winnie putting a halt to the 3500 extra cars a month slowing my journey to Ellerslie, then as far as I am concerned "go Winnie!".

51 minutes ago, LastOf40 said:

How do I know I must be one of "middle Zealand"? I don't really care which side Winnie went with. We have had a couple of decades of the "trickle down" theory and that has been well and truly debunked. The company exec's salary increases are treble or quadruple everyone elses and high immigration keeps it like that. But if the other lot get in we find the bottom tier get big tax handouts and the producers of the "at risk" kids (meaning putting the rest of us at risk) make all the gains. We in the middle just keep paying our taxes but never seeing the benefits of the "robust economy". So if the best I can hope for is Winnie putting a halt to the 3500 extra cars a month slowing my journey to Ellerslie, then as far as I am concerned "go Winnie!".

If CEO's get paid so much to effectively do so little you should become one in some other part of NZ. Your type give us nice Jaffas a bad name

2 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

And what an exciting line up we now have in Cabinet......:rolleyes:

Inside Cabinet will be:

Jacinda Ardern, David Clark, Clare Curran, Kelvin Davis, Chris Hipkins, Iain Lees-Galloway, Andrew Little, Nanaia Mahuta, Stuart Nash, Damien O'Connor, David Parker, Grant Robertson, Jenny Salesa, Carmel Sepuloni, Phil Twyford and Megan Woods.

Stuart Nash is from the Vic House class of '86 - he'll do alright!

35 minutes ago, hesi said:

.  You would have to say that we have been privileged to watch a phenomena happening in NZ politics, that I doubt most of us will see again in our lifetimes, and that she will go on to become our most loved PM since Norman Kirk, and she will be the glue that holds it all together

Mate you are delusional, the only phenomena is how an electoral system lets a bird become Prime Minister with 2/3 of the public not wanting her to be. I am hoping like fark we never see such stupidity from our elected representatives again in our lifetimes so agree there. I am inclined to agree there is a chance she will become one of our most loathed PM's in a short pace of time & be one of the quickest to be ousted in our history, I also think she is more like the nail polish remover that softens the lot and they fall apart quickly.

There we go we have some common ground.

34 minutes ago, barryb said:

Mate you are delusional, the only phenomena is how an electoral system lets a bird become Prime Minister with 2/3 of the public not wanting her to be.

In the case of every leader, more than 50% of NZers didn't want them to be Prime Minister, so by your logic none of them should be PM?

and the use of the word "bird" speaks volumes about the psyche behind your views on Jacinda.

She will be hounded just like Julia Gillard. As you can see from a lot of the above critics based solely on her sex and apparently her teeth are a big issue. Pathetic. What about the person saying someone with 1-2 rental houses will be crapping themselves. Well boo bloody hoo . Same bloke who complains about the temperature of his pie when he goes punting. 

4 minutes ago, Memphis2 said:

She will be hounded just like Julia Gillard. As you can see from a lot of the above critics based solely on her sex and apparently her teeth are a big issue. Pathetic. What about the person saying someone with 1-2 rental houses will be crapping themselves. Well boo bloody hoo . Same bloke who complains about the temperature of his pie when he goes punting. 

I am guessing by your posting that you are one of life's under achievers & resent anyone who has attempted to better themselves. Pleased you are happy to settle for mediocre, that's exactly the sort of attitude that has racing in the can right now.

53 minutes ago, hesi said:

You will note also, she always shows respect for her opponents, a rare quality

Totally agree, but IMO she has inherited a bunch of no-hopers but time will tell. As for respect for opponents--Bill English has always been respectful I believe.