RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
porky

Go Winnie

2 hours ago, Newmarket said:

On the brighter side of things, all the Fairfax left wing political journos, yes you Tracey, will be cock a hoop. After 9 years bagging National and singing the praises of anything left of centre they can finally claim to be part of the victory.

image.thumb.png.8f293373dd17d3dd6615b5db1ab8c3fb.png

Married at First Sight...? Let's see how long it lasts.....:rolleyes:

Guest 2Admin2
11 hours ago, Insider said:

Agree. 

If you listened carefully to what he (Winston) said tonight it’s all over for the corrupt capitalist. It is not that I am against those who invest, as someone has too, but those whose greed controls everything as per those screwing the Auckland property market, are those with no future, or a massive loss. Their choice I suggest. 

So how is Winston going to achieve what you suggest?

4 hours ago, Huey said:

I did not vote NZF to have them side with the left in particular the Greens or to make this little madam the PM of this country , I suspect I'm like many others that voted for NZF they won't get my vote again , I don't care what they do for racing. An absolutely absurd result.

Hard case Huey...I voted Labour and Winnie last election, in the hope he would go with Labour and give the working man / first home buyer / average grafter

a hearing in parliament....and in the hope he would be racing minister / oversee racing minister or @ least make sure racings health was a priority...WRONG !

my mum said "never trust a Maori in a suit",...(we have Maori inlaws)... when Winnie emerged and announced he was going with National...

sadly she passed away last year, but I can hear her laughing from here !... 

Sour Grapes from alot on here, but many of those will be the same as the ones calling for changes to racing...as MR GUY got numb hands

Welcome to MMP at its best, everyone will get a hearing and those pricks in the Beehive will earn their money and be working on our behalf for a change.

11 hours ago, barryb said:

What I don't support Liz is your notion of a fairer society as that's code in the Labour party for some poor bastard pays disproportionately for someone else choices that were not so smart.

However I am prepared to cut the new Govt some slack & hope like f--k they get things right for the better interests of all of us. Winston has removed the greens which is great & squashed most of labour's policies so are you really going to see the change you want Liz?.

Labour has sold its soul for power & for them its going to be short lived the ride  I fear.

You're exactly right! and not only that but these are the most dangerous sort of policymakers of all, the type that set policy of which they can only see  the implications of at face value not the multi layered or multiplier impact that their policy will have in the long term.

2 hours ago, hesi said:

That was shocking wasn't it, he is meant to be a non biased political commentator, but might as well have sat there in blue underpants, and I see he is still banging on about what a mess everything is....................get rid of him

Well you better also better get rid of the NZ Herald whilst you are at it, that is so overtly biased red. 

11 hours ago, Insider said:

Agree. 

If you listened carefully to what he (Winston) said tonight it’s all over for the corrupt capitalist. It is not that I am against those who invest, as someone has too, but those whose greed controls everything as per those screwing the Auckland property market, are those with no future, or a massive loss. Their choice I suggest. 

What utter piffle Insider

The boom in the Auckland property market was caused in the main by the abundance of cash available.  The banks were falling over themselves to lend to people wanting to buy rentals and coupled with a healthy dose of Asian money the supply and demand equation sent the prices skyward.  The government stopped the banks lending more than 40% on rental properties and Twyford and his cronies starting making noises about capital gains tax and stopping immigration and the Asians got nervous.  Because the numbers of eager/desperate buyers diminished the demand did too.  Either (1) they could not get the money or (2) they were worried about tax issues and accessibility to the country.

It is not 'corrupt capitalism' it is supply and demand and that is the basic economic principle.    

Incidentally the same applies to the dairy industry where it is not the dropping or variable payout that is the problem it is the enormous debt these blokes have racked up courtesy of bank managers desperate to shore up their bonuses by lending as much as they possibly could(regardless of economic return).

The banks have also noticeably tightened up their lending in the last year or so - whether that be an Aussie decree due to conditions over there or whether it be the LVR restrictions it is a fact)

Guest 2Admin2
Just now, Ohokaman said:

He has no bloody idea. I've never heard any politician from any party talk about Capitalism in those terms. Styming investment will be a good way to achieving higher unemployment and recession.

Exactly.  Plus if they put a petrol tax on for Auckland what will that do to the city's affordability?

Free tertiary education - what positive affect will that have on the bottom line?  

What will taxing more those that drive the economy's engine with their investment and initiative do?

13 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

Exactly.  Plus if they put a petrol tax on for Auckland what will that do to the city's affordability?

Free tertiary education - what positive affect will that have on the bottom line?  

What will taxing more those that drive the economy's engine with their investment and initiative do?

Dead right.  Re the tertiary students we are producing far too many lawyers and scientists(and commerce students will be next).  There are no bloody jobs for them

We need blokes (1) prepared to get their hands dirty and (2) with a work ethic.  Hence the influx of Asian tradies and labourers.

13 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

Winnie is a Maori Suited Muldoon.

without the tummy , smile will come soon...once he,s had a good kip and a few race meetings over summer ...good on him, well done.

This whole coalition gets sillier by the minute. They are not yet in control of the countries finances yet they are suggesting impending doom and gloom and blaming others already- farcical

Ardern also seemed to be joining Peters in trying to absolve the new government of economic difficulties ahead.

Certainly there were signs of an economic slowdown, Ardern said.

"It was only fair of Mr Peters to reflect what might be on the horizon for this new Labour-led government, to make sure that people have some anticipation that we will potentially have a rocky road in front of us."

12 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

This whole coalition gets sillier by the minute. They are not yet in control of the countries finances yet they are suggesting impending doom and gloom and blaming others already- farcical

Ardern also seemed to be joining Peters in trying to absolve the new government of economic difficulties ahead.

Certainly there were signs of an economic slowdown, Ardern said.

"It was only fair of Mr Peters to reflect what might be on the horizon for this new Labour-led government, to make sure that people have some anticipation that we will potentially have a rocky road in front of us."

Translation : " If it all turns to shit, nothing to do with us aye bro...?..."  :rolleyes:

I was in Courtenay Place talking politics with a bloke when a gorgeous one went past.  As she walked away from us she almost made her blue jeans talk.  My new mate remarked that her left buttock was the Labour Party.  Her right buttock was the National Party.  They were both very similar.  But then he said that the part in between them is Winston Peters.

I am still trying to work out what part of the female anatomy best describes Winston Peters.

30 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

Now that he is going to be in government he will be able to better monitor Winz superannuation processing procedures.:D And just remind us again Winston why you paid penalties when it was their mistake??:ph34r:

Draw a salary AND diddle the pension. The new face of capitalism.

Sorry folks but as much as I think the Coalition of Losers is not the right outcome, I don't get why some comments rely so heavy on causal racism and sexism.  And I suppose why they have been challenged.  Perhaps the closed attitudes of some in racing is one of the reasons racing is in the mess it is.

I am amazed with the lack of support for Winston, when alot of you have been supporting him on here for years.

YAWN...don,t worry...

I think most of you moaners have all your money tied up in trusts, have good accountants and children/grandchildren in private schools or

partly funded childcare centers set up by the previous govt.

I wonder how that un- parented (dropped off in the morning / picked up after work generation, will emerge/eventuate?...Time will tell.    

9 minutes ago, porky said:

I am amazed with the lack of support for Winston, when alot of you have been supporting him on here for years.

YAWN...don,t worry...

I think most of you moaners have all your money tied up in trusts, have good accountants and children/grandchildren in private schools or

partly funded childcare centers set up by the previous govt.

I wonder how that un- parented (dropped off in the morning / picked up after work generation, will emerge/eventuate?...Time will tell.    

I haven't got any money but I do have a good accountant.

Actually when I think about it I have an EXCELLENT accountant.

Not my fault but the truth

Guest 2Admin2
2 minutes ago, gubellini said:

Tom what is the hourly rate you charge yourself?!

I suppose he plays a zero GST game?