RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Popsy

A VICTIMS MOTHER

I'm Victim A's mother.

I'm saddened by people on this page with their attitudes to sexual abuse it appears to vary from those outside of racing.

On the night my daughter had just turned 18 and when this happend she was petrified she froze she regrets this but at the time she just did not no what to do she was terrified to the point she ran outside and hide in bushes and ........ went after her and was stopped by others to protect her when this happened. They stated this was a once off but I can cross my heart and say this is in no way a once off. Years ago ........ also attacked a 15 year old girl in her school uniform in back of his truck she ran to another trainers stables next door and this was witnessed by a few and reported to RIU, all up there was 5-6 others that RIU are well aware off but unless the girls will come forward RIU has it's hands tied and the monster will continue to do this and get away with it.

There was a reason there was two trials. But as victim A was the only one not to accept bribe/payout/threats the police could not act. To blame booze is a cop out. And since this story a lot more stories have come out and as adults we should be supporting these kids. The problem is these are mostly young stable hands that feel helpless and are scared as they love their jobs and fear they will  be black listed everywhere. So many people no of........ behaviour and not only RIU but top trainers are saying enough is enough. Maybe need some kind of union for staff in racing. But I no that this has really effected my daughter and she now has trouble sleeping and is shit scared of seeing him. This guy can  now continue to ruin young kids lives and this makes me so sick. I just hope we can support those affected to come forward and not be scared so we can stop this from happening again. We need to protect the younger generation. As a mum I'm horrified for the comments that anyone with think my daughter would be interested in a old sleepy man and in that position she was put in I'd hate to think how I would react we are all different 

Anyone with half a brain will recognise the victim-blaming brigade for what/who they are - in doing so, I believe these people effectively align themselves with those who do this type of thing.

And anyone who has had anything to do with victims of this type of behavior will also know - there is nothing unusual about a victim "freezing" in response to such behavior/assault.  

All of you who find yourselves taking aim at the victim or defending the males who do this - need to take a look at yourselves.  And perhaps if you have a young daughter or a niece - think about how you would like her to be treated.

J. 

Their were witnessed to the offence that gave evidence. Have you read the report?

Police can not pay charges in sexual harassment if victim won't fellow through which I find slack as it's their policy with physical abuse but due to the sensitive nature they won't. And to them this is not enough of just going on victim A. But RIU no the history behind other offences so did their own case. I can post some more below.

WITNESS TO ANOTHER EVENT

I used to work for a trainer who occupied the .......... stables. (Where ........ is now)
It was 2009 we had taken horses to the races with his in the weekend the stable had its own truck so he used to come with ours as it was cheaper. Me and .....were doing boxes one Monday afternoon when my workmate came in in her school uniform crying. She told ....what mike done to her in the sleeper of the truck on the way home from the races that Saturday. ........went absolutely nuts but seemed to protect mike a bit after he'd spoken to him cause he claimed he'd had a lot to drink at the races. I don't believe it was officially reported at the time although everyone at the track knew. It seemed to get swept under the rug.
I don't know if she was paid and I'm unsure if she has spoken to the riu about what Happened at all or not.
It was a long time ago

I want to thank Popsy for giving us a voice. so my story goes back a fair while to when I worked as a yearling manager for a Waikato breeder. MB would on occasion join the yearling staff for a drink at the hospitality tent at Karaka sales. We sold him a horse in 2007 or 08 and he joined the staff for drinks at the tent. Later he accompanied us to the pub down the road and proceeded to sit very close to me and the other staff the majority of whom were young girls 17-25. he took a liking to me and asked me to put my number in his phone. i was already very drunk by this point so i did it. it wasn't until a few weeks after the sales when i started getting messages from him that i remembered giving him my number. he was very suggestive, i was 24 at the time. he made a number of attempts to meet up with me when he was in the area. I ended up ignoring his messages when I met my new boyfriend. The next year at Karaka sales, he came back for drinks at my employers hospitality tent (he now trained horses for them). We had a pretty good sale that year so the team celebrated by heading into town to a bar, where we were joined by MB. He was really drunk on this particular occasion, I remember feeling uncomfortable at how obvious he was being trying to put his hands all over me and feel me up. I remember he even followed me to the bathroom at one point in the evening and I made a comment to 2 of my workmates that i wasn't going anywhere without them. MB joined us in the taxi back to the sales complex where we were staying in the on site caravans. I was really drunk but I distinctly remember he tried to get into my caravan and i told him to leave me alone and forced him out of the entrance to my caravan and locked the door feeling scared shitless. On discussing this with the girls the next morning, he apparently tried to get into another girls caravan the same way he tried with me. my bosses son made the comment "he had russian hands and roman fingers" which makes me sick now because that's how he described the way MB was treating me in that bar. I should also add, I never reported this to anyone. I know plenty of people witnessed what happened, but when I spoke to them about it afterwards it was always brushed off as a silly drunken incident that we should be grateful didn't go any further because he's a really good horse trainer etc etc. sadly, now I do regret not taking it up with the police.

Edited by monkey
changed for more info

29 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Popsy we understand your feelings, but drop the embellishment, it's not helping your cause.

The Police do not decide to act on criminal actions just because someone took a bride/payout. That's an absurd notion, as absurd as your earlier suggestion that "young children were being abused" systemically within the industry, or that the Police had been corrupted and turned a blind eye to abuse in this case.

The only way that I can see the Police could not derive evidence from other victims here would be if they'd signed a confidentiality agreement as a part of any/their settlement with MB. Can you help me understand if I'm wrong there.

BTW I haven't seen a single person here defend MB, but I've seen a lot question why the RIU prosecuted him when the Police said they were unlikely to achieve a conviction after they'd interviewed all parties and perused the surveillance footage.

Your allegations change the complexion of the situation dramatically of course, but it still doesn't explain why the governing bodies haven't intervened earlier, and why the Police haven't acted more forcefully.

Another small point, the JCA version of events doesn't have your daughter running from the scene and hiding, rather she walked home with a mate but unfortunately MB crossed paths with them during the walk home.

Why don't we agree on a couple of things to strengthen your position.

1. No more hysterical inaccuracies. Stick to the facts.

2. Stop accusing people of supporting MB, it hasn't happened and it won't happen I hope. I suspect it's all in your mind because you want Pavlov's dogs to come running and support your cause. Some of us here are rational though and we don't buy into hysteria.

Best to you, and I hope your daughter is coping ok.

geez p4p ho one condoned it what thread was you reading

3 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Huh ? What's that comment about ?

the post seems to have been taken down re breslin but if you may recall someone saying  he had his his hand close to her munga plus there were a few other comments bordering on  sexist  sorry thread seems to have gone

4 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

These unfortunate stories seem to have resonance and commonalities so why don't you collectively approach the authorities and seek action ?

I'm sure you'd get a fair hearing given the current situation.

If you need support or advice on the process with the RIU I can help you ( although I don't have time to get heavily involved ).

All the best.

Thanks I'm still collecting stories and trying to get others i no to speak out. But i might need to take you up on offer. But im getting everything i can together first

1 minute ago, gary1 said:

the post seems to have been taken down re breslin but if you may recall someone saying  he had his his hand close to her munga plus there were a few other comments bordering on  sexist  sorry thread seems to have gone

Do you no any of these people with comments the more we can gather the better we can help victims

With all due respect it sounds like MB is a bit of a sexual nuisance but is he a monster? I'm not condoning his actions but it takes two to tango ( a few of these allegations admittedly are far from the dance floor) innocent until proven guilty? Give the guy a chance, at the moment he's 100-1 and drifting:(

VICTIM C

It was taranaki races and we took his horses in our own truck etc and he had my friend which is his strapper. All 3 of us were on the sleeper but of the truck and he was in the middle and started putting his hand up the sleave of my pants. Him and ......... was drinking on way home. I txtd my friend and said can u see what mikes doing to me etc... I went to .........the next day and he took me to mr ......... straight away etc. I wrote out a statement I was16yrs old.

2 minutes ago, Popsy said:

VICTIM C

It was taranaki races and we took his horses in our own truck etc and he had my friend which is his strapper. All 3 of us were on the sleeper but of the truck and he was in the middle and started putting his hand up the sleave of my pants. Him and ......... was drinking on way home. I txtd my friend and said can u see what mikes doing to me etc... I went to roydon the next day and he took me to mr beverage straight away etc. I wrote out a statement I was16yrs old.

500-1

Just now, Flagship uberalles said:

Who laughed at Gary glitter? All these dirty old bastards who thought they were bullet proof because of their position in society, be it Rolf Harris, jimmy saville or a horse trainer that has good connections employs people etc get their comeuppance, if it was my daughter the bloke would be a eunic .

Ops sorry wrong face. Did not mean too

On ‎15‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:02 PM, Popsy said:

I'm Victim A's mother.

On ‎15‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 6:14 PM, monkey said:

I want to thank Popsy for giving us a voice

Ok  you two nice try, this ain't the nz herald, womans weekly, sunday news ,western leader or any other major publications your'e trying to gain false publicity from, I do understand grief if claims are true but keep it to the courts please. This is a Horsey site.

6 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Frankly, this stuff does not belong on here. If there is a case to be answered, the Police and other authorities can sort it out.

It certainly won't be resolved on here.

broken recored..in a good way bro:)

3 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Frankly, this stuff does not belong on here. If there is a case to be answered, the Police and other authorities can sort it out.

It certainly won't be resolved on here.

Actually more victims are coming forward so speaking out is been a fantastic thing and I'm grateful that victims can support each other. 

5 minutes ago, mooseman said:

Ok  you two nice try, this ain't the nz herald, womans weekly, sunday news ,western leader or any other major publications your'e trying to gain false publicity from, I do understand grief if claims are true but keep it to the courts please. This is a Horsey site not a site for fraud...please grow up.!.(in a hurry)

Grow up Moose no need for your shit 

32 minutes ago, mooseman said:

Ok  you two nice try, this ain't the nz herald, womans weekly, sunday news ,western leader or any other major publications your'e trying to gain false publicity from, I do understand grief if claims are true but keep it to the courts please. This is a Horsey site not a site for fraud...please grow up.!.(in a hurry)

Wow totally insensitive of you mooseman, I do hope you're not serious. For the record, I'm not interested in publicity or anything else you're insinuating here. Honestly, it's hard enough for victims of sexual assault to speak out without the blaming and judgement, hence the reason it's taken me almost 10 years to say something.