RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Overcheck

TAB Apprentice Competition

Every time I have a bet and get to draw a horse in this competition it ALWAYS runs second. The same thing happened the last time this competition was run. Why not just go in the draw for a $5 win without making it look like more than it is?  You would think if it was a genuine draw then my horse would run third or last some times. Perhaps I am missing something here.

Thanks for the replies. This is staggering and just seems ridiculous. Another thing I noticed is that all of mine hit the lead in the straight only to get run down late. You can skip the race and go straight to "sorry your horse didn't win" which does save time I suppose. It certainly doesn't make me have a bet just to take part which is I guess the aim of the TAB.

1 hour ago, Overcheck said:

Thanks for the replies. This is staggering and just seems ridiculous. Another thing I noticed is that all of mine hit the lead in the straight only to get run down late. You can skip the race and go straight to "sorry your horse didn't win" which does save time I suppose. It certainly doesn't make me have a bet just to take part which is I guess the aim of the TAB.

I agree it's a bit of a silly promotion and the funds would probably be better spent on other types of promotion. Great if you win a fiver but It does nothing to get me betting. 

8 hours ago, mrzim said:

Ye ha.I finally won $5 on Friday but as yet no money in the account.What a waste of time this promotion is,but I’m not surprised at all

You will get it tomorrow as says next working day after you win. Tough if you wanted to bet over the long weekend. Crap comp crap idea marketing team need a rocket up them 

1 hour ago, jasonmccook1 said:

You will get it tomorrow as says next working day after you win. Tough if you wanted to bet over the long weekend. Crap comp crap idea marketing team need a rocket up them 

Thanks Jason.I might try having a bet on a Friday and say I’ll pay them on the next working day.Dont really like my chances though.