RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
john legend

standardbred tv programme

Might pay to give it a chance @john legend. We are under pressure to cover a variety of topics due to the nature of how we have funded the series. In 24 minute segments theres only so much you can cover, and while the weaning process may not be the most 'riveting' topic, we have received some great feedback today. Particularly from breeders saying their partners and children with little interest in harness racing found it educational.

This is what Sheldon had hoped to produce, a series that was more country calendar and watchable to a wide audience as opposed to just the harness nut and same old same old.

We take a look at the value stallion options next week around the country, and week after that have a 24 minute exclusive with Paul Bielby who for the first time will discuss the trials and tribulations of having bred Christian Cullen in his late 20's, only to have to sell him due to financial pressures. Other topics to follow include a profile on Brian West, and an ATC special taking a deeper look at their commercial developments and what they are trying to achieve.

Can always rely on you for honest feedback so hope we can keep you round for a few weeks yet!

I enjoyed it but was interested when Sheldon alluded to the partnership Nevele R have developed with Alabar to secure better stallions. It would have been interesting if they had delved into that a bit deeper. 

11 hours ago, john legend said:

waited with keen anticipation for new series. sorry to say only learnt tying up of foal when weaning. if this not working then u lead themaround for a few days... riveting  !!   

Weaning is a little more complex than that. Even preparing them for weaning is too. Depending whether the foals are at a stud or at home there are varying ways or methods used.  I will tune into the the programme soon to see what is shown so I can comment more on it. Everything  you do hands on is geared towards the breaking in of the horse and the final objective  of being safe and the horse becoming a stanardbred  racehorse.

19 hours ago, NZSBA said:

Might pay to give it a chance @john legend. We are under pressure to cover a variety of topics due to the nature of how we have funded the series. In 24 minute segments theres only so much you can cover, and while the weaning process may not be the most 'riveting' topic, we have received some great feedback today. Particularly from breeders saying their partners and children with little interest in harness racing found it educational.

This is what Sheldon had hoped to produce, a series that was more country calendar and watchable to a wide audience as opposed to just the harness nut and same old same old.

We take a look at the value stallion options next week around the country, and week after that have a 24 minute exclusive with Paul Bielby who for the first time will discuss the trials and tribulations of having bred Christian Cullen in his late 20's, only to have to sell him due to financial pressures. Other topics to follow include a profile on Brian West, and an ATC special taking a deeper look at their commercial developments and what they are trying to achieve.

Can always rely on you for honest feedback so hope we can keep you round for a few weeks yet!

I thought it was great and now can't wait to see the next episode.   I also enjoy Sheldon's work, he is very passionate about the industry.

Much more meat in show 2. Enjoyed it and finished wanting more. Possibily because I agreed with all participants that breeding is the biggest gamble of all. The Southlanders are true champions with their drive to help the breeders. I also realise with supporters of the show being 3 big (90%) studs you have to "tiptoe through the tulips" somewhat . But much more my cup of cocoa .good work.

On 10/11/2017 at 1:41 PM, john legend said:

Thanks for reply. sure I will be looking forward to all topics mentioned. .but lets not be too sensitive to comment . Jill Smolenski did her best but it was way below previous efforts and hopefully those to come.

My mare has had two foals and two services under Jills care, I could not ask for a better service, Jill might not be comfy in front of a camera, but the care and attention the stud delivers is awesome and I would not hesitate to return there. She is a truly great lady.

sorry one more lap my wording was meant to be    ....Jill Smolenski did her best.... ( totry to make the show interesting...but despite her best endeavours ) the producers of the show fell way below their previous efforts etc..  THERE WAS. NEVER ANY CRITICSM OF JILL SMOLENSKI . whatsoever. She is lovely . and so pleasant to deal with. I do have a share in a Rocknroll Dance foal which she has weaned and will soon arrange breaking in. I only want to be constructive with the nzsba and look forward to show 3. :unsure: