RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
jimbob

Gingernuts

Guest 2Admin2
28 minutes ago, The Crucible said:

became a bit of a Hugh Bowman beat-up thread at one point

Exactly and who took the thread there?

Guest 2Admin2
30 minutes ago, Mr Spyro said:

First  you say he'll never race again then he is over rated.  At this stage there isn't much to base the second assumption on other than your  own  opinion. He hasn't had much chance either way to confirm or not   He may be or not be, who really cares at this point in time anyway .   All thoughts should be towards his recovery, not some  trivial game of point scoring.  As to him racing again, who knows you may be right or wrong, but to be so adamant right now  ....you sound like   Madame Gionetti staring into her  crystal balls. 

The form from the races he has won hasn't been great.

25 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

The form from the races he has won hasn't been great.

Good God, there's a Cocks Plate EVERY weekend now. You're like an opposition political party. Opposing just for the sake of opposing, made obvious to all by the pathetic view points. Green envy. Nothing more, nothing less. So ugly. 

29 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

Exactly and who took the thread there?

You seem to have altered your posting style and have become an objectionable wanker.

The cynic in me would believe it’s almost deliberate to boost traffic on this forum, but the realist is going with you’re just an objectionable wanker.

Guest 2Admin2
3 hours ago, Idolmite said:

Good God, there's a Cocks Plate EVERY weekend now. You're like an opposition political party. Opposing just for the sake of opposing, made obvious to all by the pathetic view points. Green envy. Nothing more, nothing less. So ugly. 

I'm not envious of anything.  Just pointing to some realism.  But eh keep kidding yourselves that everything is rosy when it ain't.

Guest 2Admin2
3 hours ago, barryb said:

You seem to have altered your posting style and have become an objectionable wanker.

The cynic in me would believe it’s almost deliberate to boost traffic on this forum, but the realist is going with you’re just an objectionable wanker.

Well you seem to have perfected that style.  Not that I'm envious of it.  Interesting how quickly some of you resort to personal attacks so readily.

4 hours ago, 2Admin2 said:

Well you seem to have perfected that style.  Not that I'm envious of it.  Interesting how quickly some of you resort to personal attacks so readily.

It wasn’t a personal attack, more a backhanded compliment. 

18 hours ago, 2Admin2 said:

I'm not envious of anything.  Just pointing to some realism.  But eh keep kidding yourselves that everything is rosy when it ain't.

Who suggested everything is rosy? 

What I'd like from you now, is a list of horses you've owned and/or trained with a record better than Gingernuts, to justify your constant belittling of the horse. You must be in a par with the likes of Lloyd Williams or a Bart Cummings, at the very least. Unlike yourself, I profess to know nothing. You appear to think you know everything, so you must have a long list of achievements? And don't come back with another "realism" response. You must be able to do better with all that talent.....

On 11 November 2017 at 6:51 PM, 2Admin2 said:

Sadly won't win another race.

I hope Scooby can nail this quote to the wall for future reference. Given the latest assessment of Gingers injury, a bit of Jim Gibbs therapy ("..put an injured horse in a grassy paddock and nature will be the healer..") and Ginger may just get one back on this clown! :) 

8 hours ago, Trump said:

I hope Scooby can nail this quote to the wall for future reference. Given the latest assessment of Gingers injury, a bit of Jim Gibbs therapy ("..put an injured horse in a grassy paddock and nature will be the healer..") and Ginger may just get one back on this clown! :) 

i hope so, he is a gelding and is lightly raced,  whats a year? it goes quickly.  He has a great chance i hope of coming back.  He was a positive for this industry, and gave racing positive attention, he was a good story for racing, and was fun watching him and the hype he brought to the industry

Guest 2Admin2
13 hours ago, Idolmite said:

Who suggested everything is rosy? 

What I'd like from you now, is a list of horses you've owned and/or trained with a record better than Gingernuts, to justify your constant belittling of the horse. You must be in a par with the likes of Lloyd Williams or a Bart Cummings, at the very least. Unlike yourself, I profess to know nothing. You appear to think you know everything, so you must have a long list of achievements? And don't come back with another "realism" response. You must be able to do better with all that talent.....

I don't constantly belittle the horse.  I suggest you go back and look at every post I've made about Gingernuts.  Compare that to the constant belittling of Kawi by the protected species.

It is sad that it seems the hopes of the industry are pinned on one horse.

Gingernuts’ Update

Good morning from Te Akau Stud –

As we have mentioned previously, the outpouring of love and concern for “Jerry” has just been overwhelming – we, together with Jerry’s owners, cannot tell you how much this incredible support means to us all.

We wish Jerry could read!

The latest news this evening is that today Jerry had his CT scan and it confirmed an injury that was a little more serious than we had hoped – a fracture of his pastern bone. The decision was immediately taken to operate and four screws were inserted to repair the fracture.

The good news is that he has come through this surgery very well and although these are early days – so far so good! He is happy and settled and will, all going well spend another week at the veterinary hospital before spelling at a nearby farm and then coming home to Te Akau Stud. His prognosis for a return future racing is better than 50/50 so we will all hope for the best!

We remain humbled by your care and indebted to everyone who has helped this kind, gentle and wonderful boy.

A bit more info...

Gingernuts has had surgery to repair his injured foreleg and been given a 50/50 chance of racing again.

Gingernuts was operated on at the University of Melbourne Werribee Veterinary Clinic on Monday afternoon to repair the damage to the near fore pastern injury Gingernuts suffered when cantering to the start for Saturday's Group I Emirates Stakes at Flemington.

Te Akau Racing principal David Ellis told The Informant the injury to the Stephen Autridge and Jamie Edwards-trained four-year-old was worse than originally thought.

"An email from the Werribee Clinic said that the CT scan to further evaluate the injury confirmed a fracture of the long pastern bone and which was actually worse than originally thought," Ellis said.

"The decision was made to place Gingernuts under general anaesthetic and conduct surgery, when four compressions screws were inserted and a small fragment was removed from the fetlock joint arthroscopically.

"The fracture came together well and barring any further complications, the prognosis is that he stands a 50/50 chance for a return to racing.”

Gingernuts is expected to spend a week under supervision at the Werribee Clinic before he is moved to a suitable recovery facility and in time returns to New Zealand.

"Initially it was gut-wrenching and since then we've had to manage the situation as best we can," Ellis said. 

"Today's news is encouraging, but we are not in a position at this stage to make any plans.

"The main thing is the horse's welfare and we can assume that even in a best case scenario, the earliest he would race again would be next season."

Guest 2Admin2
5 minutes ago, Idolmite said:

I don't think anybody's suggesting that either. This IS a Gingernuts thread after all. 

It has diverged somewhat. 

He's barely four years old, possibly still growing so will recover from this is realatively no time. In six months he'llbe running around hia paddock like an idiot. Time alone will see if he'll race again but his preference for softer tracks is probably in his favour. Lets just hope we see him again.

12 hours ago, poundforpound said:

The difference is that everything I've said about Kawi is true, as in he's a CD quality horse who's hard to ride, not genuine, and he gets far too much press.

As for Gingernuts, he's certainly not over rated, he's international, he's a great media story, he's genuine, they thought little of him early on but he's full of surprises, and in his current predicament he deserves compassion and sensitivity.

I'd love to know what type of fracture he has because he's apparently got quite a good prognosis ( according to Te Akau ) so it's probably either not involving the joint, not detached, and maybe one of those P3 wing jobs. 

They all heal well so let's hope he's back next year doing the business.

I won't be the one all red faced and eating humble pie if he wins a decent race next year, and I note what Bob said about McGinty, I'd forgotten about him, he had a similar fracture, multiple screws, and won numerous G1 races after.

Go Gingernuts.

Out of interest ....Kawi/Gingernuts you say one is genuine and the other is not.....are you saying genuine means ability or doesn't try??