RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
jimbob

Gingernuts

39 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

Sadly won't win another race.

Rather off beat comment to make.   At this time who cares about that ? ,  that is for another day . Surely the most important thing is the horse's welfare and that hopefully he has many days ahead of him . Good news of that front exceeds anything else.

43 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

And how would you know that...??? And why would you even say that??

Exactly and is why you should never say never......anyone remember this little mare????

Miss Potential was a champion mare who raced in New Zealand & Australia in the early 2000s. Her comeback from a spiral fracture of her near-side cannon bone, resulting in 15 weeks strung up to the ceiling of her box, and subsequent race day performances endeared her to the public.[1]Her biggest victories came in the Group 1 Mudgway Stakes (1340m) at Wanganui in August, 2003, the Group 1 VRC Nestle Classic (1600m) in Melbourne on Derby Day 2004, and in the Group 1 Stoney Bridge Stakes (1600m) at Hastings in September 2005.[2]

28 minutes ago, Mr Spyro said:

Rather off beat comment to make.   At this time who cares about that ? ,  that is for another day . Surely the most important thing is the horse's welfare and that hopefully he has many days ahead of him . Good news of that front exceeds anything else.

Exactly but he seems to love to sink the slipper into TA every chance he gets...

Guest 2Admin2
2 hours ago, Trump said:

You may be right. But your comment also shows what an insensitive arsehole you are. 

I didn't build the horse up beyond its ability.  Sadly that's where NZ racing is.  Who are we following now?

Guest 2Admin2
2 hours ago, Yir Tiz said:

Exactly and is why you should never say never......anyone remember this little mare????

Miss Potential was a champion mare who raced in New Zealand & Australia in the early 2000s. Her comeback from a spiral fracture of her near-side cannon bone, resulting in 15 weeks strung up to the ceiling of her box, and subsequent race day performances endeared her to the public.[1]Her biggest victories came in the Group 1 Mudgway Stakes (1340m) at Wanganui in August, 2003, the Group 1 VRC Nestle Classic (1600m) in Melbourne on Derby Day 2004, and in the Group 1 Stoney Bridge Stakes (1600m) at Hastings in September 2005.[2]

Miss Potential spent 3 months suspended in a sling.  She was a tough horse.  She also had breeding potential.

Guest 2Admin2
3 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

And how would you know that...??? And why would you even say that??

Because I'm thinking of the horse and putting emotion to one side.  It's a tough game and if he is unsound and performs best on ground that has a lot of give in it then the road back is hard.

38 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

Because I'm thinking of the horse and putting emotion to one side.  It's a tough game and if he is unsound and performs best on ground that has a lot of give in it then the road back is hard.

No trump is right in his assessment..IMHO.

The thing is 2Admin, these people (including my niece) have had the good fortune to go into a syndicate for a modest sum and have ended up with a Rosehill Guineas and NZ Derby winner. Many of them, at significant cost to themselves, have booked and gone to Melb to watch their beloved Gingernuts run in a Spring Carnival G1 race. They are there, in the Stands, excited beyond anticipation and the unthinkable happens - the horse breaks down in front of 80,000+ people. Before it's even got to race ! Can you imagine their disappointment and more importantly, their concern for their Gingernuts? Then you add the cream to their sadness by going on social media and quote " It won't win another race". You're  very insensitive and even if your prophecy turns out to be true, it was untimely and need not have been said. Period. 

8 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Exactly but he seems to love to sink the slipper into TA every chance he gets...

TA - or maybe more so David Ellis - tends to polarise people a bit.  Some on here regularly take opportunities to put the boot in as you say - but some are also nauseatingly sycophantic.  My opinion of either the entity or the individual is pretty irrelevant and it probably relfects my own situation that I find more magic in stories of the person whose modest home-bred or $5,000 yearling purchase becomes a champion - than the man who can out-bid practically everyone except the sheiks.  

But this is about the horse and I'm really disappointed for the people who are connected.  I felt sad for man & beast yesterday.

But I also acknowledge that team had had some real highs already with Gingernuts and it goes to show you should enjoy those highs as this racing game can be a rollercoaster.  Most of us in the game have known the sadness  of these disappointments - although for most of us they are less public & less dramatic.  But no less impactful in their own way.  Whether it be the loss of a foal after 11mo gestation, a promisng 3y/o breaking down before even making the races - or whatever.  

At least with the stakes the horse has won there is plenty there to pay for the best treatment money can buy.  Hopefully we'll see him back but if he turns out not to be a racing proposition I wonder if any of the ppl involved will elect to treat & rehab him regardless?