RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
jimbob

Gingernuts

41 minutes ago, hesi said:

Opinion is subjective, but it carries more credibility, when it is backed up by data

Spot on Hesi!  There is no comparison between Bowman and Dee.  And to suggest Bowman would be trying any less than M Dee in a Group 1 race with a total stake of over $2m is ludicrous.

14 hours ago, 2Admin2 said:

I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing.  The statement about Bowman was ridiculous.  He has ridden over 1600 black type winners.

Won 72 Group 1 races.

$147 million in stakes.

Currently ranked 2nd in Oz metro.

Incredible strike rate for distances 2000m and longer.

I'm not coating that with sugar syrup "JMHO" - it's fact.

I'd know who'd I rather have riding Gingernuts.  Oh and wasn't Bowman their FIRST choice?

Blah blah blah.. your choice so what mine is different...look at his stats over the carnival woeful he slaughters Marmelo..nvr had a hope when he took of 800 from home... stick to you computers let them spit out all the facts you want... looking is much better he is in woeful form outside winx...again my opinion of which is not ridiculous just my opinion... cheers.

2 hours ago, The Crucible said:

Spot on Hesi!  There is no comparison between Bowman and Dee.  And to suggest Bowman would be trying any less than M Dee in a Group 1 race with a total stake of over $2m is ludicrous.

As i said IF it was mine I would have chosen many in from of Bowman you can all say what you like I really don't care less... Mick Dee will give the horse every chance..

Guest 2Admin2
10 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Blah blah blah.. your choice so what mine is different...look at his stats over the carnival woeful he slaughters Marmelo..nvr had a hope when he took of 800 from home... stick to you computers let them spit out all the facts you want... looking is much better he is in woeful form outside winx...again my opinion of which is not ridiculous just my opinion... cheers.

Bowman was Te Akaus first choice was he not?  Says it all really.  Or do they need a new jockey advisor?

2 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Blah blah blah.... I said my opinion... you really don't get it do you... I won't be wallowing with you any longer.

Just having a bad run on which way to go Like the punt lol

On 11/9/2017 at 1:31 PM, hesi said:

Opinion is subjective, but it carries more credibility, when it is backed up by data

Yes it is and i Happen to think Mick Dee is riding far better than HB at the moment... which IS backed up by stats... just to keep you happy. Look at their recent stats its a no brainer...my opinion is MD will give the horse in his present form the way he is riding... every possible chance, lets see in a few hours...cheers.

This thread has descended into a comparison between HB and MD and a suggestion that some are trying to put down Bowman as a rider. That's an incorrect conclusion. Bowman is a fantastic rider but like "every" rider does, he's having a tough trot - if you take Winx out of the equation. All the best have their bad runs and Bowman's own comment may provide the answer. He said he's been riding very cautiously because he feared being suspended and losing the ride on Winx and missing out on the lucrative Spring carnival. I'd have to say that he slaughted Marmelo and Corey Brown rode the perfect race on Rekindling to win the Cup. It was a pearler from Brown. 

In big races such as this one today, you put the BEST rider available on. You have that simple, uncomplicated obligation to your owners. So lets hope, for the sake of these very patient owners, that young Michael Dee rides the race of his life....I'll be the first to congratulate him if he gets the prize! 

Griffins Gingernuts are so spicy...I was impressed / expectant over the 2040 of the Livermol at Hastings...

Missed by a whisker, would love to see another star sparkle today.

I,m only having the one bet today. (i may regret it) but who cares...put ya money where ya mouth is.

I would have flown J.Parkes over for the ride but good luck to Mick Dee.  

16 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

That’s a fairly average field today for a 2 million dollar race, it ain’t no Cox Plate that’s for sure !!

Even a flea like Kawi could’ve fallen into the first four of five amongst this motley lot.

agree and theres a few in there coming off a hard run in the cox plate

25 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

That’s a fairly average field today for a 2 million dollar race, it ain’t no Cox Plate that’s for sure !!

Even a flea like Kawi could’ve fallen into the first four of five amongst this motley lot.

You may be right my friend - except for the last paragraph! So, to show I don't "always" agree with every post you make :) let me give my 2 cents worth and a HO (humble observation). The field consists of: Happy Clapper (winner of 2017 Epsom, Tramway, plus 2nd in George Main to Winx). It's Somewhat, winner of 2017 Doncaster and Hollindale: Gailo Chop, winner 2017 Caulfield Stakes (beat Bonneval) and also this race last year: Tosen Stardom, winner 2017 Toorak Hcp:  Sense of Occasion, winner 2017 Doomben Cup: Tom Melbourne, 2nd in 2017 Epsom and just about everything he's run in:  Folkswood, winner Cranbourne Cup and 3rd Cox Plate: Ginger Nuts, 2017 Rosehill Guineas and NZ Windsor Park: Taj Mahal, 2nd Arlington Secretariat: The rest of the field are led by Cliff Edge, a very handy 3yo who will lead them up I'm sure. So really, it's a fairly good field, in which Kawi would struggle. 

4 hours ago, Trump said:

This thread has descended into a comparison between HB and MD and a suggestion that some are trying to put down Bowman as a rider. That's an incorrect conclusion. Bowman is a fantastic rider but like "every" rider does, he's having a tough trot - if you take Winx out of the equation. All the best have their bad runs and Bowman's own comment may provide the answer. He said he's been riding very cautiously because he feared being suspended and losing the ride on Winx and missing out on the lucrative Spring carnival. I'd have to say that he slaughted Marmelo and Corey Brown rode the perfect race on Rekindling to win the Cup. It was a pearler from Brown. 

Corey Brown's ride on Rekindling should be kept to show to young budding apprentices.  To repeat Trump;  "it was a pearler".

Was a nice ride by Brown, but I didn't think Bowman's was that bad. 

Got Marmelo in the 1x1 (from 16 barrier) before they left the straight - good effort.  Had to go round Gallante before the 800m as that horse expired and would have dragged him back had  he stayed where he was.  Leader also faded and left him in front too soon and then his mount didn't stay the distance.  Not sure what else he could have done?  I don't think he could waited after the 800m mark for something to come round and give him cover.