RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mike28

hawkes bay update from nz racing website

Otaki on the 22nd looks most likely if wanting to remain in the CD.

Dont think they would want to compromise the quality of the Hawera meeting this weekend as they already have a Open 2000m and a G3 Mares WFA 1400m.

29 minutes ago, turny said:

Send it up to Ruakaka - at least we have a race

The day they run a Group One on that front running shit hole, I will GIVE UP owning, breeding, backing or even watching thoroughbreds after I have spent my whole life supporting the game one way or the other. 

It would be the final straw  

41 minutes ago, turny said:

Send it up to Ruakaka - at least we have a race

4 minutes ago, Insider said:

The day they run a Group One on that front running shit hole, I will GIVE UP owning, breeding, backing or even watching thoroughbreds after I have spent my whole life supporting the game one way or the other. 

It would be the final straw  

Agree 100%

3 hours ago, mike28 said:
8 Oct

Hawkes Bay Racing in conjunction with NZTR will explore all opportunities to relocate the Livamol Classic to a racemeeting sometime in the next two weeks. Further details are expected to be able to be released early next week.

The boys on Thoroughbred Weekly took the piss....Hastings was off due to the diabolical....dancing.

Some bloke with the yellow glasses will be feeling bad today........:lol:

What Saturday's debacle did prove was how far in front Baker/Forsman are of the others. Knew they would have problems getting horses ready after such a wet Winter/Spring....so shipped them out early....and now they are pumped and ready to take the cash. Feel for the Owners of Gingernuts....their possible once in a lifetime genuine chance at a Caulfield Cup....gone

13 minutes ago, La Zip said:

What Saturday's debacle did prove was how far in front Baker/Forsman are of the others. Knew they would have problems getting horses ready after such a wet Winter/Spring....so shipped them out early....and now they are pumped and ready to take the cash. Feel for the Owners of Gingernuts....their possible once in a lifetime genuine chance at a Caulfield Cup....gone

Agree that best route is to generally go to Melbourne early but Te Akau were following a pattern familiar to them which ended in Princess Coup running a good placing in the Caulfield Cup.

Also the likes of Jimmy Choux and Ocean Park have placed and won Cox Plate's after campaigning early spring in NZ

Each to their own and connections are within their right to approach it the way the like, they have to live by their decisions.

Word is now they are not going to Cox and staying in NZ (to wait for re-scheduled Livamol) which is interesting.

56 minutes ago, La Zip said:

Very easy to be wise in retrospect.

Are you saying Te Akau should have been aware of the chance that the Livamol would be postponed?

Maybe it was an easy decision to stay in NZ? With Winx in the Cox, that's out. Bonneval is going super, Jon Snow if it's wet, Humidor with blinkers, Ventura Storm improving with Hayes Polish etcetera. Easier pickings in the Livamol you'd think? Just a thought. 

13 minutes ago, Trump said:

Maybe it was an easy decision to stay in NZ? With Winx in the Cox, that's out. Bonneval is going super, Jon Snow if it's wet, Humidor with blinkers, Ventura Storm improving with Hayes Polish etcetera. Easier pickings in the Livamol you'd think? Just a thought. 

Not just a thought , its the truth!

Pretty high chance of a heavy track if that race the Livamol at Matamata or Otaki I would have thought the way the weather is looking?

Feels like death by 1000 drops for the NZ Racing Industry at the mo. Depressing.

Someone suggested that "prominent trainers" may have had a say on what to do with the Hastings track during the week. If they did and their horses were being prepared for Australian assignments then one would say the blame for this incident should be shared by them.

3 hours ago, talk said:

Very easy to be wise in retrospect.

Are you saying Te Akau should have been aware of the chance that the Livamol would be postponed?

What I am actually saying that as this winter/spring has been universally acknowledged as the worst in 40+years, not allowing trainers to prepare their horses to the optimum, then previously utilised strategies might not be valid this time round.  

1 hour ago, BruceL said:

And what is The horse's end goal for this prep? Caulfield Cup?   So it's more important he gets the miles in his legs. Where and against what, is immaterial. 

Not now,

no Caulfield Cup, no Cox Plate, no Melbourne Cup

All those plans are gone, sounds like waiting for the re-scheduled Livamol and at best only going to Melbourne for the WFA 2000m Mackinnon now on the last day (or whatever its name is now) 

5 hours ago, La Zip said:

mate he is a gelding and is only 4 years old.  their chance is anything but gone.  He will probably be a better chance as a 5 year old anyway. 

2 hours ago, BruceL said:

have to agree, I think gingers best chance over there is if the rain were to come about.  But I agree, and I think Te Akau know this too, they are up against a very very hot bunch over there.  They might even think he would be best tackling the Caulfield cup/Melbourne cup as a 5 year old anyway

3 hours ago, Varro said:

mate he is a gelding and is only 4 years old.  their chance is anything but gone.  He will probably be a better chance as a 5 year old anyway. 

mate, he's got in with the right weight as a 4 yo - if he's a good as they think, he'll be weighted out next year...unless of course, it becomes a WFA event.