RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Kotare_Hunter

Was a matter of time.

03 October 2017

NZ HARNESS NEWS

Light nominations

Only three open-class pacers - Seel The Deal, Heaven Rocks and Have Faith In Me – have been nominated for the $50,000 Canterbury Classic (2600m stand) at Addington on Friday night. Nominations have been left open until Tuesday morning, with officials confirming it needs at least six starters to be held. It is likely that some horses will transfer from the R60 and faster pace, which has 10 nominations.

NOTE

Dream About Me and Lazarus added bringing it one short. Who would want to transfer from the R60 and faster ?

It is a sign of the times and it won't be the last time that races are run with only 5 starters and 80 per cent from the one stable.

Racing for 50k and yet only 5 starters, I wonder why.?

The age group races are going to end up with one stable dominating once again and that is why many of our good young horses will be sold overseas, as it is impossible to balance the books racing a horse nowadays  unless they are tops.

The new handicapping system was meant to make things better but I see there is a race on Friday 60 to 90 so a 30 point differential with a mobile start!

Cup Day seems to bring out the better class horses in Nz but at the moment they are very thin on the ground.

Anyway, with the 10 hit rule now in place supposedly that is going to make things better for racing as a few on here say!

You are dreaming though!

If it wasn't for the income being generated from the commercial buildings at Addington the stakes would be much lower and fields might replicate the size that Auckland often has!

It will be the most boring race of the night and for the most money.

They will race in Indian file most of the way and they aren't going to want or need to go that fast.

Won't  be worth investing on either as any one of 4 of them will win and they won't care which one!

9 minutes ago, Brodie said:

They will race in Indian file most of the way and they aren't going to want or need to go that fast.

Won't  be worth investing on either as any one of 4 of them will win and they won't care which one!

I hope Lazarus wins for the sake of my Super Stable .......

4 minutes ago, Brodie said:

The TAB should offer a market on where they think Seel The Deal will finish.

Be a miracle if it were to finish in the top 3 with the 4 others working together.

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

The age group races are going to end up with one stable dominating once again and that is why many of our good young horses will be sold overseas, as it is impossible to balance the books racing a horse nowadays  unless they are tops.

The Blue Brick Wall is everywhere a good horse turns.

Top class trotting is thriving. Going to be a lot more interesting than some of these open class pacing events. Wonder why that is?

If we were honest the all star stable probably have the top 15 horses 4 year and older in nz,  Cant blame them if they place them to clean sweep every big race in nz this season.  Can anyone name an open class  horse trained by anyone else that would be up to their now 4yolds from last season that are bypassing the cup?

The NZCup maybe the smallest field ever - they are heading over the ditch on a weekly basis . Look who is heading to Vic Cup from Auck . Will they come back for Cup - a huge ??? with one stable domination and the total cost to start . 

34 minutes ago, LongOwner said:

The NZCup maybe the smallest field ever - they are heading over the ditch on a weekly basis . Look who is heading to Vic Cup from Auck . Will they come back for Cup - a huge ??? with one stable domination and the total cost to start . 

6 weeks out and we are down to 20. I can remember a few 10 horse cups. Could be under threat.

1 hour ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Two Under

Insutcha

Christopher Vance

Sogo

Mark Hanover

Nothing new.I remember years ago meeting a fellow who had a share in the good horses reba lord. He recounted a story of how his chances were sacrificed for the greater good in one of those big races. Maybe his judgment was clouded,maybe not.  Don't think its as obvious now as it was back then.

3 hours ago, what a post said:

Nothing new.I remember years ago meeting a fellow who had a share in the good horses reba lord. He recounted a story of how his chances were sacrificed for the greater good in one of those big races. Maybe his judgment was clouded,maybe not.  Don't think its as obvious now as it was back then.

Reba Lord found it's way into the Purdon Barn eventually.  I remember it starting  in a standing start at Addington against a top field and someone said it's got no chance (it breaks at the start). I knew better because  I was there at Alexandra  Park when it started in behind the tapes for the first time and he ran 2nd. Guess who got the chocolates that night at Addington - I was all smiles.

Going back to the Reba Lord's sire ; I remember backing Lord Magic at Addington , both by Lordship. $100 E/W , went down by a nose but paid handsomely. 

On 10/4/2017 at 8:23 AM, LongOwner said:

All agree on that but how about stake been $45 k and no start fees - be honest about the real stake without owner payments and stop the gst waste .

Agree Long Owner.

There is no good reason for start fees.   I have asked those that support acceptance fees to come on here and explain why they are advantageous to racing, but of course they won't do that because there is no valid reason.

Remit 4 at the annual conference dealt with this but was voted down by muppets incapable of articulating their reason for doing so.