RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

This is what I have been told so that's the caveat. This is for the first season only

Number of mares        Group 1      Group 2      Group 3     Listed     Dams of group/ listed  winners

Galileo                      146                                2                 6                  11              9                            23

Frankel                     140                              13                16                31             17                           41

1 hour ago, Berri said:

This is what I have been told so that's the caveat. This is for the first season only

Number of mares        Group 1      Group 2      Group 3     Listed     Dams of group/ listed  winners

Galileo                      146                                2                 6                  11              9                            23

Frankel                     140                              13                16                31             17                           41

Tells a story doesnt it!, what a first season book to get.

As good as Frankel's overall statistics are (very good in stakes winners to runners and stakes performers to runners),

His progeny are coming towards the end of their 3yo seasons and at this stage he has only sired the 1 G1 winner (in Japan and out of a champion race mare). Hopefully with time this stat can inprove and he can set himself on the way of becoming a great stallion.

Thanks Berri.

Not to sure how close that is to exact or approximate on his stats of Galileo's first crop broodmares served.

To only have 51 mares that were Group/listed winners or producers seems light - only 35% for what Galileo did on the track.

I just did a quick check on Galileo's four most notable winning from his first crop and all were from Group or listed winners.  So 100% on a sample check.

However I am sure the quality of mares in my statistics below from 2009 for five years for Galileo would be no different or possible better than Frankel's first crop.

Interesting statistics-

Galileo's first five (2003,04,05,06,07)Northern Hemisphere crops 481 winners and 65 SW= 13.5% SW to winners

Galileo's recent (2009,10,11,12,13) five Northern Hemisphere crops 676 winners and 126 SW= 18.6% SW to winners

So could be a combination of better performed mares, working out what type of mares or blood that works best or better understanding of what they require in training.

Frankel's first crop is sitting at 17.2%SW to runners.

Time will tell. Good discussion.

Got to remember that Derby winners weren't quite the fashion when he started up. Sadlers Wells hadn't really slashed the odds when it had come to being a sire of sires. Quite different with Frankel because he was a freak speed horse that got 2000m. Over the years they've worked out that Galileo with speed mares is the key and as with all sires, once you get to know what pops out, you adjust the mares to suit. Therefore odds of getting better progeny statistics wise should increase if you've got the knowledge. In the first year you don't know what's going to pop out. You've also got to remember that Galileo probably served as many half sisters to good horses as you could.

My argument with Frankel is that he's got good stats but look at the mares he got!!! If you couldn't produce as many good ones as he has he'd be a failure. My own jury is out in that after getting 67 group or listed winners, he's only managed 17% stakes winners. That's also not counting the dams of stakes horses.....tells a story that's confusing because by the end of the three year old season he hasn't produced a group one winner in Europe. What would happen if he had ordinary mares? Could he breed up or is his success up to the mares?

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 3:49 PM, Nasrullah said:

See statistics below. One further very big point. Galileo's first crop statistics will not change below. However Frankel's first crop are still 3yo's!

Galileo -

Analysis by Crop

Crop Foals Runners Winners Wins SWnrs(GWnrs) SWins(GWins)  
2003 126 102 70 178 13 (7) 29 (18)  

Frankel-

Analysis by Crop

Crop Foals Rnrs Wnrs Wins SW (GW) SWs(GWs)  
2014 115 87 48 91 15 (12) 22 (17)  

Update on Frankel

Crop Foals Rnrs Wnrs Wins SW (GW) SWs(GWs)  
2014 115 87 48 95 17 (13) 26 (18)

On 17/10/2017 at 8:07 PM, BruceL said:

Great stats, now for the G1 winners, only thing missing!

Hopefully Cracksman can win the big one this weekend!

What a win by Cracksman, Frankel gets his first European G1 winner and in a big one in great style!.

Super win and is a very talented colt who deserved G1 success.