RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Roydon Lodge Dispersal Sale!

Just been looking at the results of the recent dispersal sale auction for the Roydon Lodge!

There were 16 lots and 25% of them sold for $50.

Sale of the 16 totalled about $18k and the highes lot went for $5k.

So the other 15 sold for about 13k or less than 1k each on average less sales costs.

On reflection  this doesn't look that flash.

I appreciate it that it is mainly trotting blood but hopefully this doesn't mean that the 2018 yearling sales is going to be very poor, as we need investment in the industry, from newbies.

Looking at the crowd at Motukarara today and the amount that seemed to be wagered oncourse, things are not looking that Rosie.

No doubt the normal ones will have a crack at me, but just telling it the way it appears unfortunately.

Gone are the days of seeing big crowds at the races, unless its the cup meeting, where the numbers are boosted by young party people and the fashion in the fields, who attend just for the prizes on offer, and probably never even have a bet, very sad indeed, for me you can't beat a good day out at a country meeting on the grass, my preference than the hustle and bustle of cup day.

Firstly thanks to Roydon lodge for all the fun you gave the industry particularly  with those great stallions

The sale reminds me of the last  dispersal sale (cant quite remember the name of the stud ) but it showed  last horse going on a majestic truck... end of a error.

So dose Roydon lodge become a housing lot now ?

The trouble  I find is the cost of breeding is to high for the return, some will say our sport is a gamble so take the gamble uumm yer but not when you go backwards at 100 miles hour you cant just keep breeding when there is no market to sell.

don't know the answer and prob many don't either.    

To Keith and Robyn Gibson good luck and thanks for playing a big part in trotting also toRobyns father The Late Sir Roy and grandfather the late Sir JohnMcKenzie . Hope it is not a new suburb but with Sundon now finished and all the great pacing sires that have laid the foundation of many of our great families gone it is an end of an era (hardly an error}or will the y stand Lazarus who will cover (my guess ) 200 mares at 6000 next season.