RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
puha

Onya Waipukurau

Hopefully the rain stays away as a dead 6 track is on the cards tomorrow . Even Waikato stables are trekking south in search of good footing . On another positive note the club are jumpouts on Friday with over 60 horses entered and open to all . Even hear a group winner is trekking over for them. Proves yet again these smaller clubs that are run by volunteers are an asset to the industry. S.L

Quite a lot of "junkmail" (junkposts) making it through on the `cafe lately ...  I guess it's hard for the system/moderators to prevent them access but once they appear they don't get scrubbed out as fast as I thought they might .........

10 hours ago, puha said:

Hopefully the rain stays away as a dead 6 track is on the cards tomorrow . Even Waikato stables are trekking south in search of good footing . On another positive note the club are jumpouts on Friday with over 60 horses entered and open to all . Even hear a group winner is trekking over for them. Proves yet again these smaller clubs that are run by volunteers are an asset to the industry. S.L

Yawn. It’s a shithole

3 hours ago, jess said:

Quite a lot of "junkmail" (junkposts) making it through on the `cafe lately ...  I guess it's hard for the system/moderators to prevent them access but once they appear they don't get scrubbed out as fast as I thought they might .........

why don't you try to moderate... some people would complain if their arse was on fire....geez we do our best sorry it is not up to your accepted standard but we do have lives to live as well..thanks.

57 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

Arg!!   Heavy 10 this morning. The precipitation continues. 

Bad luck Puha. 

Yep a thunderstorm rolled in late of the ranges  close by properties received over 60ml and others nothing!  Only 6 ml at track but with the watertable so high it doesn't take much at present to alter the readings. With the undulating nature of the track front straight is wetter than the back straight .

Tamatekapua raced 83 times for four wins. He was initially owned by Sir Ernest Davis and trained by Tom Verner at Takanini. His first start was at Pukekohe on 5/12/53. Ridden by Norm Holland he was unplaced. His 6 starts at 2 yielded one third and one fourth. At 3 he was purchased by Rotorua trainer J. Thompson. His first win was at Matamata on 2/2/57 in a Hack 9f. Ridden by Gary Mudgway he paid £49/8/6. His second win was at Thames on 13/9/58 ridden by Herb Rauhihi. His third win was at Cambridge on 29/11/58 ridden by M. Keepa. At 8 his training was taken over by Johnny Mokaraka. At 9 he was trained by part owner D.G. Royal at Rotorua. His last win was at Gisborne on 16/9/61 in the Hunters Bracelet for Amateur Riders. Mr G. Boyd rode him.

3 hours ago, Tauhei Notts said:

Tamatekapua (Count Rendered - Lochaven by Balloch) was from Count Rendered's first crop.  He was born in 1951 so that makes Blue an old fellow.

Some names you just don't forget TN. I think Syd Tonks was virtually unbeatable in his diction and pronunciation of names. As for age- I'm old enough to know better.

16 hours ago, gubellini said:

Tamatekapua raced 83 times for four wins. He was initially owned by Sir Ernest Davis and trained by Tom Verner at Takanini. His first start was at Pukekohe on 5/12/53. Ridden by Norm Holland he was unplaced. His 6 starts at 2 yielded one third and one fourth. At 3 he was purchased by Rotorua trainer J. Thompson. His first win was at Matamata on 2/2/57 in a Hack 9f. Ridden by Gary Mudgway he paid £49/8/6. His second win was at Thames on 13/9/58 ridden by Herb Rauhihi. His third win was at Cambridge on 29/11/58 ridden by M. Keepa. At 8 his training was taken over by Johnny Mokaraka. At 9 he was trained by part owner D.G. Royal at Rotorua. His last win was at Gisborne on 16/9/61 in the Hunters Bracelet for Amateur Riders. Mr G. Boyd rode him.

Didn't realise he was a Verner protege. Worked there in my school holidays in my early teens but that was with Ray in the Craddock, Catania, Commodore Roberts time. One of our best trainers ever IMHO.