RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
what a post

Race 8 start at oamaru.

Having watched the start of this race can anyone explain why the starter waited about 6 minutes for a couple of horses to line up,then completely  gave up on that idea and let the race start with 2 horses completely out of play, one about 150m behind them.  If the original starts were not good enough then why let them go when he did when things were worse.  Is there some sought of time limit whereby everything changes.  Why were they not late scratched?

What about the punters. One was 2nd favourite,the other 6th favourite.     

Also why the difference in action over the horses.  One was stood down to trial but not made unruly, the other made unruly but not stood down.   

Eactly my thoughts while watching this debacle. If it had been the gallops those two would have been out, the race would have been under way without the trouble they were causing to the rest of the field and the punters would have got a fair deal.

Is it logical to have a large field at a stand with all junior drivers?

I see the horse that was stood down until it trials is in the  official fields published  for Friday night. I see it is to trial on Wednesday.   I guess that means you can still get in race fields  while officially stood down. Obviously being eligible to race at the time fields are published is irrelevant.

10 hours ago, what a post said:

I see the horse that was stood down until it trials is in the  official fields published  for Friday night. I see it is to trial on Wednesday.   I guess that means you can still get in race fields  while officially stood down. Obviously being eligible to race at the time fields are published is irrelevant.

Rather interesting. Surely the fact it is eligible and entered for another race can't have anything to do with it. Must be an oversight or can this happen if its not a full field.

the horse would be eligible for race 1 as only stood down from stand and this mobile. he also entered for race 10 a stand . he should not have been accepted until trialled once to the stipes satisfaction. (having been committee man and secretary believe this is an oversight as kotare-hunter says