RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

Election facts

12 hours ago, hesi said:

He has always been a champion of the less fortunate(SuperGold card),

That should make him my man Hesi because I have the Super Gold Card and I have become "less fortunate" since getting involved with racing! That smug grin reveals a deep-seated contempt for us all however and I hope not too many got suckered by the "synthetic track" promise.

1 hour ago, hesi said:

Fast women, slow horses?

The Labour policy on Racing is not that bad, have a read some time.  They have obviously put a bit of work into it, as they understand the core issues affecting racing

Unfortunately Hesi, racing can't survive when the country is in recession due to Labour's inept front bench. Jacinda needs 3 more years to line up her team, they are a terrible rabble who have proven they are not ready to run a country yet by the total lack of preparedness for this election with policy.

Though knowing labour they will have gone through 2 more leaders before the next election.

6 hours ago, hesi said:

The Labour policy on Racing is not that bad, have a read some time.  They have obviously put a bit of work into it, as they understand the core issues affecting racing

Are you serious Hesi? They seem to not understand the difference between the racing and breeding industries for starters.

The racing industry generated more than $167 million in export sales of thoroughbred and standard bred horses.
Though some on here will like this.
Uphold the position of the New Zealand Racing Board to hold the exclusive rights to racing and sports betting in New Zealand, and for the net proceeds to be returned to sustain New Zealand racing

Does that mean they will oppose the current Bill which changes the direction of net proceeds to racing AND sports?

Right up there with their shady smoke and mirrors tax policy for mine.

Everyones pissed off with everyone - lol - Winston against National about Northland, Green against Labour taking all their seats, National for the earthquake which is where they lost all their seats, and so it goes on.     Whatever happens looking particularly likely that the next government wont last the full three years.     

Very happy that I will now be getting my $1000 per annum tax cut. I intend to donate $2. to Heart Foundation; $2 to Cancer Society; $2 to Youthline and spend the remaining $994 on a new refrigerator. We don't really need one, but I thought a silver one would look nice in the kitchen.

1 hour ago, Uriah Heap said:

Very happy that I will now be getting my $1000 per annum tax cut. I intend to donate $2. to Heart Foundation; $2 to Cancer Society; $2 to Youthline and spend the remaining $994 on a new refrigerator. We don't really need one, but I thought a silver one would look nice in the kitchen.

https://www.budget.govt.nz/budget/2017/family-incomes-calculator/index.htm

See if you can squeeze any more out using this.

4 hours ago, crustyngrizzly said:

IMO nobody shoud negotiate with Peters.They should tell him what they are offering and if he doesn't like it,shut the book and carry on.

It is a blight on the nz political system that one party with so few supporters can hold NZ to ransom.

I hope English has a Plan B ( maybe should be Plan A ) for the unthinkable conversation with the Greens. Plenty of cultural and philosophical differences there which would make an agreement difficult, but not impossible, but the Greens might just overlook some of those things to get into power, where they might get things done. They sure as hell won't in limbo for another three years.

Winston the kingmaker....he might find himself blindsided here if they play it smart....;)

1 minute ago, Ohokaman said:

I hope English has a Plan B ( maybe should be Plan A ) for the unthinkable conversation with the Greens. Plenty of cultural and philosophical differences there which would make an agreement difficult, but not impossible, but the Greens might just overlook some of those things to get into power, where they might get things done. They sure as hell won't in limbo for another three years.

Winston the kingmaker....he might find himself blindsided here if they play it smart....;).

6 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Well that's what the moronic public voted for mmp

Yes they did, after a  major coercion bombardment by the media. Its a dog by any description, and anyone with half a brain can recognize it.

We don't need change for the sake of change, and no one with such a lack of mandate should be in such a position as Winston.

One reason I am apolitical. Its a joke ,and has been hijacked by big business, and hidden agendas.

Time will tell. You appear to have double standards ohokaman.    You've highlighted the steps National took to seek revenge on Winston, without you offering any criticism then in the next statement suggest Winston would be " bitter and twisted ..." if  he sought revenge.      

Personally I am happy with the way things turned out. I've always got the impression Winston prefers the labour coalition, its just the results as they currently are have complicated things.  Would you rather work with a team who respects you,or one in which many members can't stand you?  As a Winston supporter I prefer labour,but don't mind either way,. The problem I see for him if he goes with national will be he will lose some of his support base.

1 hour ago, what a post said:

Time will tell. You appear to have double standards ohokaman.    You've highlighted the steps National took to seek revenge on Winston, without you offering any criticism then in the next statement suggest Winston would be " bitter and twisted ..." if  he sought revenge.      

Personally I am happy with the way things turned out. I've always got the impression Winston prefers the labour coalition, its just the results as they currently are have complicated things.  Would you rather work with a team who respects you,or one in which many members can't stand you?  As a Winston supporter I prefer labour,but don't mind either way,. The problem I see for him if he goes with national will be he will lose some of his support base.

You need to read these posts again WAP....the only comment I would make is that putting personal grudges before the interests of the country would be typical of the man....now 72 and desperate to remain relevant. From some of the media reports they are certainly trying to give the impression of his dislike of National ( personnel included ) and by association, his " preference" for Labour. All supposition as they don't know, are beating up stories, most of which have been outed as bullshit. We'll have to wait and see which way the old prick jumps, with his massive 7% backing........whichever way he goes, plenty will be unhappy.

If he goes with Labour, expect some serious fallout........

4 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

You need to read these posts again WAP....the only comment I would make is that putting personal grudges before the interests of the country would be typical of the man....now 72 and desperate to remain relevant. From some of the media reports they are certainly trying to give the impression of his dislike of National ( personnel included ) and by association, his " preference" for Labour. All supposition as they don't know, are beating up stories, most of which have been outed as bullshit. We'll have to wait and see which way the old prick jumps, with his massive 7% backing........whichever way he goes, plenty will be unhappy.

If he goes with Labour, expect some serious fallout........

You have not addressed the point I made about your double standard.   You clearly are seeing things from the standpoint of a National supporter ,fair enough ,even if it is a bit condescending. 

9 hours ago, what a post said:

You have not addressed the point I made about your double standard.   You clearly are seeing things from the standpoint of a National supporter ,fair enough ,even if it is a bit condescending. 

There is no double standard. I've been pretty clear all along where I stand, but have posted other media views/opinions. Ignoring 48% of the vote with some very powerful backing will be very dangerous, but there will be blood on the floor whichever way it goes.

Thanks Hesi, that changed from election night obviously. The breakdowns are interesting, particularly National strength in Auckland, and the complete irrelevance of both NZF and the Greens in the South Island. Gareth Morgan would be happy with his numbers.

PARTY VOTE COMPARISON
AUCKLAND
  • AUCKLAND
  • WELLINGTON
  • CHRISTCHURCH
PARTY AUCKLAND REST OF NZ
PARTY_ICONS_NAT.pngNAT
PARTY_ICONS_LAB.pngLAB
PARTY_ICONS_GP.pngGP
PARTY_ICONS_NZF.pngNZF
PARTY_ICONS_TOP.pngTOP
PARTY_ICONS_ACT.pngACT
PARTY NORTH ISLAND SOUTH ISLAND
PARTY_ICONS_NAT.pngNAT
PARTY_ICONS_LAB.pngLAB
PARTY_ICONS_NZF.pngNZF
PARTY_ICONS_GP.pngGP
PARTY_ICONS_TOP.pngTOP
PARTY_ICONS_MAOR.pngMAOR

I don't get why everyone is calling Peters the 'Kingmaker'?

Surely in a true MMP situation, the only Kingmaker is English as the top vote gatherer?

He can choose to form a government with any one of NZ First, Labour (I know!), or the Greens - would you rather, at this point, be English or Peters?

10 hours ago, Ohokaman said:
      Auck REST OF NZ
PARTY_ICONS_NAT.pngNAT
796,828   =  998813
PARTY_ICONS_LAB.pngLAB
636,884 =776556
PARTY_ICONS_GP.pngGP
140,521 =166,700
PARTY_ICONS_NZF.pngNZF
100,816 = 123,283           
PARTY_ICONS_TOP.pngTOP
PARTY_ICONS_ACT.pngACT
PARTY NORTH ISLAND SOUTH ISLAND
PARTY_ICONS_NAT.pngNAT
231,446=998813
PARTY_ICONS_LAB.pngLAB
180,084=776556
PARTY_ICONS_NZF.pngNZF
33,510=162998
PARTY_ICONS_GP.pngGP
32,080=126995
PARTY_ICONS_TOP.pngTOP
PARTY_ICONS_MAOR.pngMAOR

Interesting figures but it appears the figures for the rest of nz have swapped nz first with the greens.  I.E. 22467 +140521 = 162988.(nz first)

You will find us  nz first supporters,just like Winston are good with figures.Were the above figures put together by steven joyce?

47 minutes ago, what a post said:

Interesting figures but it appears the figures for the rest of nz have swapped nz first with the greens.  I.E. 22467 +140521 = 162988.(nz first)

You will find us  nz first supporters,just like Winston are good with figures.Were the above figures put together by steven joyce?

Electoral Commission figures smart arse.