RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
chelseacol

Hastings Track Conditions

I started this thread because when I heard they had applied 14mm earlier in the week I looked at the forecast and thought - I hope the rain doesn't cause problems. And I'm in Christchurch !

And here we are - what a total stuff up.

Interesting to hear this morning that Randwick (where it hasn't rained for a while an temperatures in 30's) had applied less than they did in one go at hastings over the last three days.

Even if they felt the need to irrigate at hastings - why 14mm on one day ??

2 minutes ago, Whyisit said:

Maybe you idiots are forgetting that if they hadn't watered  and it rained as it has last night there would have been a 90% chance of no racing on a slippery track.

Wow! Village idiot!

This is not purely about irrigation, its about the excessive amounts when rain was forecast!

Guest 2Admin2
1 minute ago, Whyisit said:

Maybe you idiots are forgetting that if they hadn't watered  and it rained as it has last night there would have been a 90% chance of no racing on a slippery track.

That the track might be slippery indicates a bigger problem.

Then again the two fat boys might have talked to each other.

15 minutes ago, chelseacol said:

I started this thread because when I heard they had applied 14mm earlier in the week I looked at the forecast and thought - I hope the rain doesn't cause problems. And I'm in Christchurch !

And here we are - what a total stuff up.

Interesting to hear this morning that Randwick (where it hasn't rained for a while an temperatures in 30's) had applied less than they did in one go at hastings over the last three days.

Even if they felt the need to irrigate at hastings - why 14mm on one day ??

Well summed up

1 hour ago, BruceL said:

20mls of rain in 3 weeks and a Slow9, something has to happen, this is a disgrace and totally a result of poor decisions and over-watering.

1 hour ago, Grego said:

This rain was always predicted. To put 14mm on was another shocking decision. Feel for connections such as Berri etc. I will not be attending along with 8 mates as you can't bet with confidence . 

1 hour ago, chevy86 said:

That genius Castles has certainly been the salvation of racing in the Bay! 

Happens every year I must admit...

Living here in the Bay we WISH for Spring, a month before it actually happens (hard to gauge rainfall)...

Spring Carnival would be Ideal starting a month later.

( maybe look at historical rainfall figures last 20 years and water accordingly on average expected)

Have had similar comments from mates / family as to attending races.(entrance fees and BYO pic-nic / alchohol rules contentious)

(could do it at home or go to the club)...11 of us went over for family re-union, 1st day ...Not today.

I,m addicted and it,s in the blood, so i,ll be over there to see the good ones in the flesh.

how good is Gingernuts @ a mile?...$5 in the livermol or $16 in the caulfield cup? where,s it headed? surely can,t beat winx in cox

Disgraceful, Incompetence.

And the guy in charge at Hawkes Bay wanted the NZTR job! God help us. No wonder people aren't punting and going to the races.

Owners, trainers, punters. Everyone complaining.

Months of shit weather and tracks, and we finally get better weather and he waters the track, when rain was forcast. 

47 minutes ago, Whyisit said:

Idiots? 14mls is a shit-load of water you clown. Obviously you have a limited knowledge of agronomy.

let me tell you all that the track has really recieved a deluge in the last 1/2 hour...forget looking at dead form...

SOFT ...

hopefully it lets up and we can get over there and have a couple of beers after lunch !

Thats the ficklety of the Bay weather...could be a beautiful arvo

1 hour ago, 2Admin2 said:

That the track might be slippery indicates a bigger problem.

Then again the two fat boys might have talked to each other.

I've had a hard job working out who the two are.  One must be Castles, but the other is a challenge.  It helps that Michael Pitman and Jelly Williams don't have anything in, and that Danica Guy isn't a boy.  I've got it down to Allan Sharrock or David Ellis, but the chances don't end there!!

I keep saying it......get someone in that knows their grasses, soil and fert....get a proper weather station on the course, link an access point up with soil moisture and temp sensors. This is a joke and has probably cost us $750. Who's going to pay?.....

6 hours ago, BruceL said:

Wow! Village idiot!

This is not purely about irrigation, its about the excessive amounts when rain was forecast!

Idiot from the corner , it was to have enough moisture in the track to take last nights rain and still have the races today. And they got it right.  

5 hours ago, Whyisit said:

Idiot from the corner , it was to have enough moisture in the track to take last nights rain and still have the races today. And they got it right.  

Rubbish. You must be a newbie to the industry. The ground already had enough moisture in it to not make it slippery with last nights rain. A track doesn't go from a 4 then to a 6 and then a 9 with the small amount of rain unless some imbecile has put too much water on board. Problem still is the soil/grass/ soil management issue

5 hours ago, Whyisit said:

Showing your lack of knowledge here unfortunately, tell yourself everything was done perfectly and was a perfect man made Slow 9 track!

6 hours ago, Whyisit said:

Please tell me in what way they got it right..I am very curious to see how you could possibly think that.

With  the Weather the Bay has had recently strong drying hot westerlies and the track bordering a good 2 on Tuesday I'm sure HBR used all the relevant weather info available and made the  decision to apply some water . Unfortunately more rain fell than any site predicted . .What I like about Butch Castles is he is not afraid to makes a decision and back his judgement an asset to HBR in my opinion. Damned if you do and damned if you don't in these situations . 

2 hours ago, Berri said:

Rubbish. You must be a newbie to the industry. The ground already had enough moisture in it to not make it slippery with last nights rain. A track doesn't go from a 4 then to a 6 and then a 9 with the small amount of rain unless some imbecile has put too much water on board. Problem still is the soil/grass/ soil management issue

Why didn't you scratch Berri...? Pretty expensive exercise just to "go for a run".... he had no hope of winning on that track.

46 minutes ago, 100 1 said:

Should make a rule to only be allowed to irrigate Jan and Feb  .....no exceptions.

47 minutes ago, 100 1 said:

Should make a rule to only be allowed to irrigate Jan and Feb  .....no exceptions.

Our environment is to diverse to have a rule as such . West coast and East are completely different.