RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
chelseacol

Hastings Track Conditions

Evidently Dead 6 this morning but with possible rain forecast late this afternoon/tonight.

Any locals got an update on weather close to the track ?

Will the decision to irrigate 14mm on Tuesday prove to be a good one, bearing in mind they had 8mm of rain overnight Thursday.....?

In my opinion overwatered again, there is no way that track should be as bad as a Dead6 ,  with a little bit more rain forecast tonight, It is a tricky balance but 14mm on Tuesday was way heavy handed!, this meeting should be held on a Good3/Dead4 track at worst.

They have ducked it, even if track is a dead5/6 it shoudnt be. nearly 3 weeks of no rain and over 40mls of irrigation (approximately), not good enough imo

Edited by scooby3051
Language

Give them a break ! Had no rain and strong as westerlies for a few weeks . As in life you have to make judgement calls which they did. Here's to a good day of racing and I for one not bagging someone who has to make the tough calls.

Why don't we have meaningful change? Our horse Snapshot on a float before we're told that the track is now a dead 9. You have got to be fucking kidding!!!! What's going on down there? How can you get a slow nine on the amount of rain they've had? Either they need a better weather forecast or they need a better soil probe or they needs better manager or they need different grass types...whatever... they've ruined our horses chances, depressed betting, depressed on course participation, and wrecked the fundamental pattern of form.

our trainer will be looking at the track and if it's too bad the horse is not racing. I will send a bill to the club for out of pocket expenses 

This rain was always predicted. To put 14mm on was another shocking decision. Feel for connections such as Berri etc. I will not be attending along with 8 mates as you can't bet with confidence . 

12 minutes ago, hesi said:

Also note, that it took 8mm to take it from a D4 to D6, but less rain(7mm), to take it from D5 to S9??

Wouldn't like to be a fly on the wall at the Sharrock residence:)

Castle's and Sharrock are friends, or they WERE....fook me what a cock up.

24 minutes ago, hesi said:

Also note, that it took 8mm to take it from a D4 to D6, but less rain(7mm), to take it from D5 to S9??

Wouldn't like to be a fly on the wall at the Sharrock residence:)

Yeah wonder what his reaction to his good mate Castles is!

11 minutes ago, Insider said:

Castle's and Sharrock are friends, or they WERE....fook me what a cock up.

They made up after the abandonment on this day two years ago! , another disaster,