RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Trump

For the "INSIDER"

Guest 2Admin2
1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

Especially when shes spending future generations money and can walk away at any point.Baaa Humbug

Sounds like the present and past CEO's of the NZRB.

20 hours ago, slam dunk said:

The Key/English government although seemingly to be doing well is just an illusion. They have put NZ in a very vulnerable position which will mean more high value immigration to keep property prices up which in turn will degrade basic services for most others.

Most economists predict a sharemarket and property crash originating from USA. For NZ it will be horrendous.

Where on earth do you get the evidence for your last comment? Most economists ?? 

4 hours ago, Nice Option said:

Where on earth do you get the evidence for your last comment? Most economists ?? 

Not necessarily these but please sit down and stay away from that 10th floor window.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lawrence Yun is the chief economist at The National Association of Realtors® (NAR).
“The budget of many prospective buyers lwas dealt an abrupt hit by the quick ascension of rates immediately after the election. Already faced with climbing home prices and minimal listings in the affordable price range, fewer home shoppers in most of the country were successfully able to sign a contract.” (source)

Gerald Celente is a trends forecaster who has a long history of accuracy. You can find his work at TrendsResearch.com. He predicts:
“We’re forecasting the economy is not going to rebound with the economic proposals that are in place now. . . . The global situation has created an environment for financial panic. The financial panic conditions have been in place for quite a while. What Trump’s victory has done is played it off for a little bit possibly, but on the negative side, you still have the debt and interest rates going up and the debt that has to be paid. On gold, we believe right now is near its bottom.” (source)

James Dale Davidson. He’s the economist who correctly predicted the collapse of 1999 and 2007.
“There are three key economic indicators screaming SELL. They don’t imply that a 50% collapse is looming – it’s already at our doorstep.” (source)

Marc Faber is an investment advisor and fund manager. He is the publisher of the Gloom Boom & Doom Report newsletter and is the director of Marc Faber Ltd. Last month, he wrote:
“2018 will be [when] the US Economy causes a World Economic Collapse! Trump can’t stop a dollar crisis, stock mark crash or gold and silver prices skyrocketing! “. (source)
Faber was also quoted in an article on The Sovereign Investor:

Mark Faber, Dr. Doom himself, recently told CNBC that “investors are on the Titanic” and stocks are about to “endure a gut-wrenching drop that would rival the greatest crashes in stock market history.” (source)

Harry Dent, Harvard economist, predicts the safe-haven of gold will be wiped out during 2018. From a conversation with Economy and Markets:
“While many economists will argue that gold is not in a bubble… and insist it will soar to $2,000, $5,000 and even $10,000, my research has said otherwise…I’ve never been more certain of anything in over 30 years of economic forecasting.”
Incidentally, here is his latest report.

Ann Rutledge is a fixed income analyst who is a regular writer for Forbes. She analyses economic patterns and feels the slide has been underway since 2013. Last year, she wrote:
“So, if you ask me whether we are going to have another global financial crisis in 2018…I would say the odds are good. This one probably started in 2013 and by now is well under way.” (source)
Peter Costa, president of Empire Executions, has taken the unprecedented step of pulling out of the markets ,believing that they are overpriced and that a major correction is on the way. In an interview, he said:
“I think that a lot of these stocks, big cap, small cap, they all got ahead of themselves. And I think that there will be a correction to bring them back to some sort of normalization in pricing and once it gets back there, I’ll be back in the market.” (source)

Chris Martenson, an economic researcher, wrote:
“GDP growth is very unlikely to support the rate of credit expansion that the Federal Reserve wants (or, more accurately, needs). And what will happen if it indeed doesn’t? A lot of painful, awful things – but central among them is a currency crisis.
 Amidst the ensuing unpleasantness will be an awakening within today’s hyper-financialized markets to the huge imbalance now existing between paper claims and ownership of real things. A massive wealth transfer from those with ‘paper wealth’ (stocks, bonds, dollars) to those owning tangible assets (the productive value of which can’t easily be inflated away) will occur – and quickly, too.”  (source)

Michael Covel, a teacher of trend-following and financial strategy ,thinks the collapse will start in Europe and then spread to the rest of the world. He explains why in great detail, calling it chillingly “the next Lehman moment.
“Deutsche Bank has startling leverage of 40 times. Leverage is the proportion of debts that a bank has compared with its equity/capital. That means Deutsche has 40 times more debt than equity/capital. Keep in mind that Lehman Bros. was only 31 times leveraged when it imploded in 2008 and sparked the worst global financial crisis since the Great Depression…France’s clear discontent with the EU can’t be overstated. The EU might survive Brexit. But a French divorce from the EU would be cataclysmic, both financially and politically. It would mark the official end of the EU.

…Bank runs would spread as consumers sought the safety of cash well before the actual earth-shattering event took place. It would start in French banks… and the knock-on effects would spread to other European banks that have relationships with French banks. This would create a huge decline in confidence, leading to a European-wide decline in bank lending.
And these bank runs would spread into a more widespread financial crisis in the global financial sector. Non-eurozone financial institutions in the U.S. and Asia would come under immense pressure because they too have heavy exposure to European banks. (source)

Alessandro Lombardi, a former global investment banking analyst wrote:
“Emerging markets are the soft underbelly of the global economy. Many analysts expect the election of Donald Trump to the White House will change the United States’ economic and monetary policies. This could worsen conditions for businesses in emerging markets that are financed in U.S. dollars. The result might be a global economic collapse in 2018.” (source)
Jim Rogers, who founded the Quantum Fund with George Soros, is on the record as saying:
“A $68 trillion ‘Biblical’ collapse is poised to wipe out millions of Americans.” (source)

Andrew Smithers, an economist with an unsettling history of being prophetic, was quoted in the same article.
U.S. stocks are now about 80% overvalued.” Smithers backs up his prediction using a ratio which proves that the only time in history stocks were this risky was 1929 and 1999. And we all know what happened next. Stocks fell by 89% and 50%, respectively. (source)

2 hours ago, Trump said:

If Slam Drunks Economists are correct, then the last thing NZ needs is Jacinda in charge! Bill English has the experience and calm to guide NZ through any disasters.

Thanks trump I'm sober now.

Yes it would be bitter sweet if Jacinda is left with Nationals mess then most probably blamed for it. All I'm saying is something has to give. The Americans just print more money to cover their debt and New Zealand imports more wealthy immigrants.

10 hours ago, slam dunk said:

Thanks trump I'm sober now.

Yes it would be bitter sweet if Jacinda is left with Nationals mess then most probably blamed for it. All I'm saying is something has to give. The Americans just print more money to cover their debt and New Zealand imports more wealthy immigrants.

If you think its a mess now SD, give it a couple of years under comrades control......:rolleyes:

Watched Paddy Gower this morning bitch and moan about lies that the Nats have alledgedly been spouting out.

Come on Paddy harden up.You work in an industry that survives on Extensions of the truth,technical deviations of the truth,outright bullshit  lies and inuendo.

Get out of the kitchen if you can't stand the heat.

3 hours ago, crustyngrizzly said:

Watched Paddy Gower this morning bitch and moan about lies that the Nats have alledgedly been spouting out.

Come on Paddy harden up.You work in an industry that survives on Extensions of the truth,technical deviations of the truth,outright bullshit  lies and inuendo.

Dead right.  I was tempted to lay a complaint with the electoral commission about Gower this morning - if you are broadcasting party political messages aren't you supposed to have 'Authorised by' attached to it?  I don't know about one as I usually watch 3 but these political journalists are flogging than woman's case with gusto and no shame whatsoever.  Mind you I guess Patrick Gower would be fond of someone with similar teeth issues.

4 hours ago, crustyngrizzly said:

Tv3 seem to have been hammering the Nats for a while Crusty. That crap Project certainly has.

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

Tv3 seem to have been hammering the Nats for a while Crusty. That crap Project certainly has.

For the last 9 years the media, particularly TV One have given National a charmed run like I have never seen before, especially around John Key. 

Stop worrying, there's only 12 hours to go and it will be all over, one way or the other. 

Let the people speak I say. 

Guest 2Admin2
5 hours ago, Insider said:

The people have spoken. Very obviously they want some form of change. I wonder were it will end up come the next two or three weeks?

Geez what drugs are you on?  The Nats essentially got the same percentage as the last election.  The other three parties combined still don't pass 50% of votes.

Clearly Insider, altho Wellington is a bit "Red", which is the norm for a Public Service Town, National have once again been chosen by NZers as the majority partner they want to guide the ship. Sensible. Don't worry about Winston. Despite the Press getting their undies in a knot and Labour "looking forward to talks with Mr Peters", Winston will go the way his friends want him to. (Sir Patrick will make sure of that.) Probably the best outcome the Racing Industry could expect, so what's the odds on the Racing Minister's Role and some changes coming via NZF in that role? Very short I would suggest. 

I sent this to Winnie yesterday.

I've deleted an individual's name who doesn't need to be identified here.

Hopefully he gets to read it and takes it on board.

Winston
When you're negotiating your coalition deal please do not give racing a handout.
Racing doesn't need cash, they just waste it on stakes.
After the Fairtax handout facilitated by you they blew every cent, and didn't increase participation one single iota.
This time Winston you must just facilitate support for a government loan to build at least five all weather Strathayr tracks around the country.
Make the code use their real estate as security for that loan, make them centralise, turn their real estate into cash and use it effectively, make them relevant to a modern world, but please, cut the umbilical cord, don't keep giving them handouts, just make them use what they've got more productively so that they grow strong and healthy, then they won't need to keep begging for help and cash handouts.
If you want to talk about the fine print call me, or talk to XXXX
There is too much to discuss by email but XXXX knows what I'm on about here so if you two are ever chatting please discuss this.
Best
Leo

10 hours ago, Insider said:

The people have spoken. Very obviously they want some form of change. I wonder were it will end up come the next two or three weeks?

Clearly daylight saving has confused you or you are suffering from sleep deprivation. Pop out and buy the Sunday papers and then go and lie down.