RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

No More

Guys and girls, once again you drag this forum into the mud, well no more, I am tired of the nonsense being posted on here without evidence.

So the next one who posts unsubstantiated rubbish will be sent where the rest have, please just stop the shit and try to get along with each other, how hard is that.

I am in the process of deciding how to upgrade the site and I must tell you I am very inclined to let the greyhound forum go... I spend more time cleaning up in here than anywhere, so its your choice....cheers.

The investigation has has gone on a long time.does no one any good.rumour innuendo.it is a very bad thing if it is true. Would be good for everyone if there is a result whatever it maybe.I listened to Mike godber on Peter early,'s show .doesn't seem to be going anywhere fast.

I have raced greyhounds but not for awhile.met a lot of nice people .it's a real shame as they seem overall decent hardworking people and get more than their share of bad press.

Certainly nothing unusual for his partner to train 6 or more winners a day.must be a massive operation.I see one of her big owners c rendell. Have heard him on radio seems to have enormous passion and a person any code would be happy leading them.never met but seemed onto it.

What sort of numbers would the big trainers have 100?

40 minutes ago, Joe blogs said:

yes most trainers live on a farm  but not big farms

what trainer has 300 dogs

According to the kennel rep at the awards two years ago, they breed 300 dogs a year (I should add I do not know whether this is an official number)

John McInerney has 172 dogs, Lisa Cole 128, Robin Wales 76, Steve and Bonnie Evans 64 and the next biggest is 55 for J and D Bell as far as I can ascertain. John took 50 runners to Dunedin recently and won 10 races and as I write Lisa Cole (47 dogs in today at Palmerston out of a total number of 120 dogs over 15 races) has just topped that with 11 wins from 12 races so far - and there's still three to go!

And I agree with the administrator. People have different opinions and while we may not agree with them at least we should be able to be civil to each other and respect and defend the other person's right to have them. I don't post here much because I've found the angry rhetoric between individuals akin to something you'd find in the playground.  Let's stay away from the rumour, gossip and innuendo people and not get into 'alternative facts'.  Leave that to the American politicians.

11 hours ago, tim vince said:

wow lisa cole had 11 winners today must be a record.

There are many who would applaud that effort, but the simple fact is, they race large numbers of dogs and create races that they will dominate. Example: 410, 457, and 520m races containing 8 kennel runners. Most of the runners just make up the numbers for a guaranteed result. I believe they had around 53 acceptors and lined up 45 on Monday. It has been said that they have more dogs than the total from all other kennels in the CD. I don't agree that the intended domination of north island tracks is good for the future of racing on any level. How do you attract new blood to the sport when such deliberate domination exists? Given the last report, how do you justify that type of breeding? What possessed the GRNZ to sanction such large-scale breeding given the number bred by that kennel is greater than the total re-homed by GAP per annum? The future is not bright. I applaud those who hang in there despite the odds.

I know zilch about the hounds but I see another 7 today- but can anyone stop" large scale breeding."  the harness sales in the north this season are dominated by 2 or 3  vendors. mark purdon sort of dominates- chris waller the same.  is it just a sign of the times. at least no one can accuse them of team driving.

4 hours ago, tim vince said:

I know zilch about the hounds but I see another 7 today- but can anyone stop" large scale breeding."  the harness sales in the north this season are dominated by 2 or 3  vendors. mark purdon sort of dominates- chris waller the same.  is it just a sign of the times. at least no one can accuse them of team driving.

In response to your first sentence, yes they can. I am not sure if you read the latest report which made recommendations in regard to breeding, but some form of regulation is imminent within the greyhound industry. What form that regulation will take is unknown at this time. Regulation ensures healthy competition. If the industry was regulated by the Commerce Commision for example, a monopoly would not be allowed to exist. Healthy competition gives the consumer options and helps keep prices down. The major players in the petroleum industry were slapped for price fixing. The quote below is from a news article that was previously posted to Racecafe, and the questions put are very valid.

MONOPOLY.png

It's a complex issue in terms of its a bit like trying to "bolt the stable door after the horse has bolted" (read "greyhound and kennel" if you like) but obviously the authorities need to turn their minds to a solution to over-breeding and the monopoly situation that exists from the huge kennels where it has become a numbers game of having 6 to 8 dogs in a field and the maths of it means little chance for the other kennels because if you have 6 of 8 dogs in a field you automatically have a 75% chance of winning anyway.  The tricky thing is that owners are paying fees to have their dogs run and so if you restrict this by say introducing a regulation which says no trainer may have more than half the field engaged or a more stringent variation thereof, then the owner isn't getting a fair go either and then you may get people seeing it as not being viable and not bothering to be involved and the sport suffers. But I agree with you that things need to change because its not good for the sport to have such monopolies and I suspect that its  turn-off for punters too. Personally, I think it should be limited to no more than three dogs a race from any one kennel in order to level the playing field a bit. But having said that it's basically just another version of the "haves" and the "have nots" in a way - and that's been the same across all racing codes for a very long time indeed - the 'money men' rule the scene because they put up big money to chase bigger money and so they get more reward because you could argue they take bigger risks of a loss while at the same time trying to mitigate that risk of loss by sheer dint of the numbers they have and thereby creating these monopolies.  Good luck to the racing chiefs in trying to find a fair solution to that lot. They'll need the wisdom of Solomon.