RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
sergio

3 more drivers punished by stupid whip rule

so once again we have suspensions/fines for over use of whip in final 400m of races this time at methven its a joke that is not very funny these blokes work hard for not a great return and get punished for trying to win a race watch the races for yourself

The NZSPCA have endorsed a product called Quarterguard.

This fits perfectly over the hind quarters and has a protective pad which eliminate all pain to the horse. Numbers can be attached.

They are similar, but far superior to the type used in Sth Australia as its constructed in light weight mesh which absorbs most of the noise .

HRNZ have also passed the Quarterguard but are reluctant to make the wearing of these mandatory until such time as they have 

no other options .

10 minutes ago, Jeep said:

HRNZ have also passed the Quarterguard but are reluctant to make the wearing of these mandatory until such time as they have 

no other options .

so do they affect the horse and if not would wearing them mean the driver can't be fined?

21 hours ago, sergio said:

so once again we have suspensions/fines for over use of whip in final 400m of races this time at methven its a joke that is not very funny these blokes work hard for not a great return and get punished for trying to win a race watch the races for yourself

Everyone knows "the Brodsters" opinion on this rule.

No you aren't allowed to hit a horse more than 10 times within the 400m irrespective of how hard the hits are!

Doesnt matter how long the straight is either.

To be fair though, the 3 drivers that got charged and found guilty will be earning massive money in driving fees and be making exhorbitant money from the Harness Industry so they can afford the fines and suspension, as they are heavyweights of the industry in the South Island.

Kyle Cameron, Craig Smith and Ross Payne, all hardworking men but  let the industry punish them because they try hard to win the race!

The "Tossers" that brought this stupid rule in don't give a toss about the hardworking people in the industry that pay their wages!

12 minutes ago, Jeep said:

There will always be a excessive use rule !  Be it one hit or ten the animal activists will fight the use of the whip !

Jeep, the so-called Animal Activists were not even making any noises whatsoever about the harness racing whip.

The ones that brought it in without any meaningful debate just overreacted to what Harness Australia had announced!

What has happened in Oz?

Has that rule been brought in over there?      NO NO!!    

Can anyone please post on here any literature from the Animal Rights activists showing that they had concerns with the whips being used excessively on our harness horses in NZ!

36 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Jeep, the so-called Animal Activists were not even making any noises whatsoever about the harness racing whip.

The ones that brought it in without any meaningful debate just overreacted to what Harness Australia had announced!

What has happened in Oz?

Has that rule been brought in over there?      NO NO!!    

Can anyone please post on here any literature from the Animal Rights activists showing that they had concerns with the whips being used excessively on our harness horses in NZ!

are you purely reactive in your business Brodie ?

Fair call Brodie, all I can say is the SPCA are totally against the use of whips !

They make it clear that banning whips is their preferred option.

They endorsed the Quarterguard because Dr Anna Dale (head of animal welfare at NZSPCA) flew down to Christchurch to see it demonstrated.

Dr Dale was accompanied by Head Stipe Nick Ydgren.

Both were satisfied how the protective device worked 

1 hour ago, Jeep said:

Fair call Brodie, all I can say is the SPCA are totally against the use of whips !

They make it clear that banning whips is their preferred option.

They endorsed the Quarterguard because Dr Anna Dale (head of animal welfare at NZSPCA) flew down to Christchurch to see it demonstrated.

Dr Dale was accompanied by Head Stipe Nick Ydgren.

Both were satisfied how the protective device worked 

Jeep, can you show me where it is written that they have been disappointed with the harness industry use of whips and that they were 

going to take action to get it changed????

NO, because they weren't worried about it at all, unless you can prove otherwise.

The change of rule to 10 hits has only shown to them that Harness is weak and now will be monitoring whereas nothing was wrong with the previous rule!!!!!

1 hour ago, chelseacol said:

are you purely reactive in your business Brodie ?

Col, depends on the circumstances.

If there is nothing wrong with the way the business is going and without any complaints, why would you change something that wasn't broken???

What has been done by the new rule change is to the detriment of the industry and certainly does not make it more profitable, certainly less profitable for our many reinsman who at the end of the day are trying to make a living!

12 hours ago, Basil said:

Never was a truer word spoken!

Correct Basil. Hes been wrong since they introduced the new rule and is wrong again on here now. He just does not get it and probably never will. Its great that he is not in charge of anything regarding rules or anything else to do with Harness racing. The latest stupidity is Nathan W down south appealing the severity of his 4 day suspension after he hit one 20+times.. Why- not because he is not guilty its because he wants to drive in the Hannon. I hope they see how frivolous this appeal is and double his suspension for wasting JCA's time.

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

Correct Basil. Hes been wrong since they introduced the new rule and is wrong again on here now. He just does not get it and probably never will. Its great that he is not in charge of anything regarding rules or anything else to do with Harness racing. The latest stupidity is Nathan W down south appealing the severity of his 4 day suspension after he hit one 20+times.. Why- not because he is not guilty its because he wants to drive in the Hannon. I hope they see how frivolous this appeal is and double his suspension for wasting JCA's time.

Newmarket, you really are the Harness driver's best mate aren't you!

Not too sure why you have to support a blatantly stupid unthought out rule that was brought in without the support of the reinsman.

There is no logic to this rule whatsoever, but you beleive what you want as you are entitled too, and you can get your jollies from having our hardworking horseman fined and suspended if you feel better.

20 hours ago, Jeep said:

The NZSPCA have endorsed a product called Quarterguard.

This fits perfectly over the hind quarters and has a protective pad which eliminate all pain to the horse. Numbers can be attached.

They are similar, but far superior to the type used in Sth Australia as its constructed in light weight mesh which absorbs most of the noise .

no other options .

Excuse my ignorance but how does this thing work. It sounds like it is designed to stop the horse feeling the effect of the cane. Wouldn't it be easier to just not hit it? I would have thought the worst part of the whip use was the public watching a horse doing it's best getting a flogging . I don't think the general public  even have to consider how much pain there is.

22 hours ago, Brodie said:

Newmarket, you really are the Harness driver's best mate aren't you!

Not too sure why you have to support a blatantly stupid unthought out rule that was brought in without the support of the reinsman.

There is no logic to this rule whatsoever, but you beleive what you want as you are entitled too, and you can get your jollies from having our hardworking horseman fined and suspended if you feel better.

Its not a blatantly stupid rule. The only thing stupid on this topic is your views. As i have said previously, you don't get it now and probably never will. Your from the past where smashem and bashem were the accepted norm compounded by the thought that your $2 each way bet was enhanced by such behavior.

Its clear that your not that bright and thus will sympathise with the drivers who break the whip rules. Thats your choice but every driver know that if they break the whip rule they will be in the room and being relieved of income. Simple really.

4 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Its not a blatantly stupid rule. The only thing stupid on this topic is your views. As i have said previously, you don't get it now and probably never will. Your from the past where smashem and bashem were the accepted norm compounded by the thought that your $2 each way bet was enhanced by such behavior.

Its clear that your not that bright and thus will sympathise with the drivers who break the whip rules. Thats your choice but every driver know that if they break the whip rule they will be in the room and being relieved of income. Simple really.

Newmarket, you are clearly a $2 each way punter, so I can clearly see why you dont care if your horse isn't driven out!

"The Brodster" is not a $2 each way punter, even though the Nz TAB want me to be!!!!

I might not be best the sharpest individual on the planet, but as I understand things:

• When ALL drivers carry a whip there is one horse who wins, another runs second, and another runs third.
  • When NO drivers carry a whip there is still one horse who wins, another runs second, and another runs third.

So other than the old "because that's the way we've always done it" reason, what difference does it make?

I'm sure the horses neither know nor care who has backed them, or whether they're the favourite or a longshot.

Whipless racing is coming. It's only a matter of time. Get used to the idea!

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Newmarket, you are clearly a $2 each way punter, so I can clearly see why you dont care if your horse isn't driven out!

"The Brodster" is not a $2 each way punter, even though the Nz TAB want me to be!!!!

Oh that's such an original reply. Does confirm my thoughts about your intelligence level

I'm sure the TAB can cope with you being a 1 each way punter. That looks about your level

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

Oh that's such an original reply. Does confirm my thoughts about your intelligence level

I'm sure the TAB can cope with you being a 1 each way punter. That looks about your level

Such an original reply Newmarket.

Tunnel Vision

On 19/09/2017 at 6:49 PM, Brodie said:

Jeep, can you show me where it is written that they have been disappointed with the harness industry use of whips and that they were 

going to take action to get it changed????

NO, because they weren't worried about it at all, unless you can prove otherwise.

The change of rule to 10 hits has only shown to them that Harness is weak and now will be monitoring whereas nothing was wrong with the previous rule!!!!!

are you having a dollar each way on this ?

i think we are missing the point here which is at least make the fine fit the crime so 10 strikes is ok but 11 costs you half a weeks wages or more it does nt make sense and smacks of authoritasian gone wrong   excuse my spelling