RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
sergio

3 more drivers punished by stupid whip rule

The Brodster is certainly on something, but it sure ain't the money!

1. Everyone having unlimited betting access dates back to the tote only days. The Fixed Odds/Bookies model has totally different rules. You should learn them

2. Whips are a dinosaur from the 20th century. They will be dispatched to history very soon. Animal welfare is "on the money".

You can kid yourself that you're "on the money", but the truth is that your thinking on the above matters is a relic from days gone by.

You seem to think that everyone that disagrees with you "has an agenda", "works for the TAB, or "works for HRNZ", when in reality we've just moved into the 21st century, and you're clinging grimly to the 1970's.

1 hour ago, JackSprat said:

1. Everyone having unlimited betting access dates back to the tote only days. The Fixed Odds/Bookies model has totally different rules. You should learn them

2. Whips are a dinosaur from the 20th century. They will be dispatched to history very soon. Animal welfare is "on the money".

You can kid yourself that you're "on the money", but the truth is that your thinking on the above matters is a relic from days gone by.

You seem to think that everyone that disagrees with you "has an agenda", "works for the TAB, or "works for HRNZ", when in reality we've just moved into the 21st century, and you're clinging grimly to the 1970's.

Jack, even if I am living in the past, living In the past has been very successful for me and sorry I won't change my line of thinking.

Rules and things can change, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is for the better!

The Government may change in the next few days, but does that mean that a Govt. of 3 parties that are all different and weren't that successful in the election will be better than what we have now?

Wouldnt think so.

Stop winning punters, ban the whip, suspend amateur drivers for 10 months for doing less than pro drivers do, yeah we are certainly doing positive things for harness racing!

With these decisions being made watch the industry self destruct!

Anyway leave you to it, I will get on with sorting some winners for the sheer hell of it.

17 hours ago, JackSprat said:

Jack, you left out

And losers will always be losers

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

Jack, you left out

And losers will always be losers

Newmarket, don't be so hard on yourself!

Newmarket, it is absolutely shocking that Ms. Ottley tried so,hard to win the race for the owner, trainer and punter!

She should have just sat out the back and let the horse cruise down to the line for a Sunday day out.

How dear her show such willingness to win a race.

Racing will be so much better to punt on when all the drivers just go out on to the track for a run around, and the owner doesn't need to collect any stake money as owning a horse is so reasonable nowadays.

The trainer will still get paid for training and the punter, well he won't care that his horse wasn't on the job and can just have a training run without the need to do its best!!!!

Great rule, well thought of and beneficial to harness racing.

We are in great hands going forward with these desirable rules!

5 hours ago, Brodie said:

Newmarket, it is absolutely shocking that Ms. Ottley tried so,hard to win the race for the owner, trainer and punter!

She should have just sat out the back and let the horse cruise down to the line for a Sunday day out.

How dear her show such willingness to win a race.

Racing will be so much better to punt on when all the drivers just go out on to the track for a run around, and the owner doesn't need to collect any stake money as owning a horse is so reasonable nowadays.

The trainer will still get paid for training and the punter, well he won't care that his horse wasn't on the job and can just have a training run without the need to do its best!!!!

Great rule, well thought of and beneficial to harness racing.

We are in great hands going forward with these desirable rules!

I rest my case about your stupidity. Its not your fault that your command of English and spelling  is minimal at times but one must draw the line with your 4th paragraph. People will still punt on races where horses are not flogged and every race will result in a winner and placed horses. In fact they do nowadays on a regular basis. Over the last 40 races of late only Sam has been charged,. Perhaps the rest have finally started to work it out like the top horseman eg May, Purdon and Dunn.

Feel free to open another new thread about your dissatisfaction with the whip rule. Judging by this one you wont have many friends or supporters but then that's another matter and easy to understand.

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

I rest my case about your stupidity. Its not your fault that your command of English and spelling  is minimal at times but one must draw the line with your 4th paragraph. People will still punt on races where horses are not flogged and every race will result in a winner and placed horses. In fact they do nowadays on a regular basis. Over the last 40 races of late only Sam has been charged,. Perhaps the rest have finally started to work it out like the top horseman eg May, Purdon and Dunn.

Feel free to open another new thread about your dissatisfaction with the whip rule. Judging by this one you wont have many friends or supporters but then that's another matter and easy to understand.

Sorry, Newmarket that my IPAD changed the way I spelt DARE but then your English is absolutely perfect we know that.

Fair enough if you think that people will,punt on horses if whips are banned. I am sure they will, but I can tell you now that the punters that place larger amounts on with the BOOKIES that I know, will not be bothered.

Some horses won't respond to not being touched with a whip,and therefore their racing life will be limited in NZ and will be exported to OZ where the whip isn't banned.

Newmarket, "The Brodster" tells it the way it is without any hidden agenda.

You maybe a $2 e.w. punter so it wouldn't worry you but to most serious punters it does.

You have really upset me with your comment about not having many friends!

I will have to live the rest of my life being sorry that I have upset so many people, but it is great that you have so much support from everyone including the Horsemen that the stupid rule affects!!

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Fair enough if you think that people will,punt on horses if whips are banned. I am sure they will, but I can tell you now that the punters that place larger amounts on with the BOOKIES that I know, will not be bothered.

I thought they were all restricted and couldn't get large amounts on anyway?

7 hours ago, Brodie said:

Sorry, Newmarket that my IPAD changed the way I spelt DARE but then your English is absolutely perfect we know that.

Some horses won't respond to not being touched with a whip,and therefore their racing life will be limited in NZ and will be exported to OZ where the whip isn't banned.

Newmarket, "The Brodster" tells it the way it is without any hidden agenda.

You maybe a $2 e.w. punter so it wouldn't worry you but to most serious punters it does.

You have really upset me with your comment about not having many friends!

I will have to live the rest of my life being sorry that I have upset so many people, but it is great that you have so much support from everyone including the Horsemen that the stupid rule affects!!

You will never upset people Wayne as the vast majority of kiwi's are "Gentle to the Mental". As such you are a protected species.  The $2 E/W line above was used by me to you many posts ago so try being original every now and then.

As for your serious punters wont bet comment, i suggest you watch Trackside for disclosure of the bigger bets.By the way ,whips are not banned in Harness racing in NZ as you suggest above  To help you out further Newmarket made a few calls to the really big punters he knows around Canterbury. These guys regularly  put on 4 figure bets and they tell me the changes to whip rules have not put them off.

Your not happy about the way things are now with this major new whip rule,  we all get that. The solution as you are in the minority is to either: give up the red hots or adjust to the new rules. Really simple isn't it. Cant see anybody being concerned either way!!

8 hours ago, tonkatime said:

I thought they were all restricted and couldn't get large amounts on anyway?

I am talking about punters who punt larger than $2 e.w.

The punters that are serious rather than recreational.

2 hours ago, Newmarket said:

You will never upset people Wayne as the vast majority of kiwi's are "Gentle to the Mental". As such you are a protected species.  The $2 E/W line above was used by me to you many posts ago so try being original every now and then.

As for your serious punters wont bet comment, i suggest you watch Trackside for disclosure of the bigger bets.By the way ,whips are not banned in Harness racing in NZ as you suggest above  To help you out further Newmarket made a few calls to the really big punters he knows around Canterbury. These guys regularly  put on 4 figure bets and they tell me the changes to whip rules have not put them off.

Your not happy about the way things are now with this major new whip rule,  we all get that. The solution as you are in the minority is to either: give up the red hots or adjust to the new rules. Really simple isn't it. Cant see anybody being concerned either way!!

Not too sure by what you mean by watch Trackside for the bigger bets?

The whip hasn’t been banned yet!

Newmarket, can you please advise me why on earth isn’t the horse DISQUALIFIED  if it’s driver has cheated and given its horse an advantage over the law abiding horses??????

Surely this would make it better and fairer wouldn’t it?? 

Why should the punter of the horses that hadn’t have their driver cheat be punished as it has had an advantage!!!!

I seriously doubt your comment regarding being in the minority regarding the new whip rule! Where are your stats to back up that ridiculous claim????

Finally I do not back Red Hots at any time.

Should the owner be punished by disqualification if the driver strikes the horse 11 times?     Yes, I know the owner can change the driver (unless the driver is the trainer also??) but losing the stake, which could be twenty or more thou really is a big burden on the owner for an action out of his control remembering the only person at the moment who pays any money in racing is the owner anyway!

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

please advise me why on earth isn’t the horse DISQUALIFIED  if it’s driver has cheated and given its horse an advantage over the law abiding horses??????

Once again, very simple.

The "flogged" horse" doesn't outperform the "unflogged" horse, therefore doesn't gain any advantage to warrant altering the result.

The driver is the only one breaking the rules, so the driver is the only one penalised.

This belief that a  horse goes faster when you flog it is just another example of your 1970's thinking.

3 minutes ago, eljay said:

Should the owner be punished by disqualification if the driver strikes the horse 11 times?     Yes, I know the owner can change the driver (unless the driver is the trainer also??) but losing the stake, which could be twenty or more thou really is a big burden on the owner for an action out of his control remembering the only person at the moment who pays any money in racing is the owner anyway!

To my knowledge no horse has been disqualified under the new whip rules so no owner has been deprived of any stake money Eljay. Only the drivers who have broken the rule have been  fined or suspended. which is as it should be IMHO

3 minutes ago, eljay said:

Eljay, surely though that if HRNZ wants their rule abided by then by disqualifying a horse that has had an advantage by having its driver CHEAT by an extra hit that has given it an advantage.

Agree that the owner shouldn’t be punished but then the owner of the horses that didn’t cheat are punished by not receiving the extra stake money for winning or placing!

The reality is that the rule is plain stupid and should never have been railroaded in without further qualification from all people involved.

It has achieved absolutely nothing to the benefit of harness racing apart from a bit of increased funds from fines.

The rule that was in previously was perfectly fine but the ones that support it on here generally are just trying to justify their actions.

Watched a minor race from Canberra last night and the driver was into the horse with the whip continuously from about the 600m and didn’t stop and that is still,ok over there

4 minutes ago, JackSprat said:

Once again, very simple.

The "flogged" horse" doesn't outperform the "unflogged" horse, therefore doesn't gain any advantage to warrant altering the result.

The driver is the only one breaking the rules, so the driver is the only one penalised.

This belief that a  horse goes faster when you flog it is just another example of your 1970's thinking.

BOLLOCKS!

If the driver didn’t think that using the whip improves the horses performance then why on earth is the driver using the whip??????

Personally would be pissed if a driver of a horse that I had offloaded on just sat on it without any vigour.

Most horses respond to the whip otherwise the drivers would not be taking a whip out with them!!  

So you are saying that Arden Rooney would have won the Cup without Manning using the whip on it????

Are you saying that Gammalite and Pure Steel would have been champions if the drivers didn’t carry a whip????

17 minutes ago, JackSprat said:

Once again, very simple.

Jack, I suspect your wasting your time trying to talk sense to this confused poster by the name of Brodie.His story and thought process change that regularly that one must conclude that he is not a well man. The latest example being he moans about the current whip rules but says he does not even bet on the Red Hots.

6 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

To my knowledge no horse has been disqualified under the new whip rules so no owner has been deprived of any stake money Eljay. Only the drivers who have broken the rule have been  fined or suspended. which is as it should be IMHO

If a horse has had an advantage over others, it needs to be disqualified.

4 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Jack, I suspect your wasting your time trying to talk sense to this confused poster by the name of Brodie.His story and thought process change that regularly that one must conclude that he is not a well man. The latest example being he moans about the current whip rules but does not even bet on the Red hots or pacers/trotters

Newmarket, how on earth does not punting on red hots make me not a well man?

Where the hell do,I say I don’t invest on pacers/trotters????

You make things up Newmarket!!!!!!

What thought process has changed?

Certainly not confused Newmarket, tell it the way it is always!

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Not too sure by what you mean by watch Trackside for the bigger bets?

The whip hasn’t been banned yet!

Newmarket, can you please advise me why on earth isn’t the horse DISQUALIFIED  if it’s driver has cheated and given its horse an advantage over the law abiding horses??????

Surely this would make it better and fairer wouldn’t it?? 

Why should the punter of the horses that hadn’t have their driver cheat be punished as it has had an advantage!!!!

I seriously doubt your comment regarding being in the minority regarding the new whip rule! Where are your stats to back up that ridiculous claim????

Finally I do not back Red Hots at any time.

Newmarket, you have lost the plot!

Where on earth did I say I don’t bet on Pacers /trotters as you quoted I did???

You just make things up don’t you?

Yes I said I don’t bet on Red Hots, and what is wrong with that?

What I have done up until now has worked for me, so you keep to your knitting and I will to mine!