RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
sergio

3 more drivers punished by stupid whip rule

11 minutes ago, sergio said:

i think we are missing the point here which is at least make the fine fit the crime so 10 strikes is ok but 11 costs you half a weeks wages or more it does nt make sense and smacks of authoritasian gone wrong   excuse my spelling

I'm going to suggest you have missed the point and to prove it ill throw an example that even you and Brodie can understand. The police pull over a driver at a check point. They put the bag on him and he blows 415 when we all know the legal limit is 400. He loses his license for 6 months and is fined 500.

Im hoping you get the relevance of my example but somehow i doubt it but please feel free to surprise me.

obviously your discussion is based on sarcasm whereas I am trying to use common sense I think a drunk driver compared to a harness driver is a stupid comparison maybe you are either a steward or a meter maid who loves the power   good night

6 minutes ago, sergio said:

obviously your discussion is based on sarcasm whereas I am trying to use common sense I think a drunk driver compared to a harness driver is a stupid comparison maybe you are either a steward or a meter maid who loves the power   good night

Whoosh...:P

57 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

I'm going to suggest you have missed the point and to prove it ill throw an example that even you and Brodie can understand. The police pull over a driver at a check point. They put the bag on him and he blows 415 when we all know the legal limit is 400. He loses his license for 6 months and is fined 500.

Im hoping you get the relevance of my example but somehow i doubt it but please feel free to surprise me.

Using your example maybe they should have the same  steps type system.       250 micrograms of alcohol per litre of breath is the legal limit  for anyone 20 or older,but you only get a $200 fine and 50 demerits if between 250 to 400mcg.   Over 400mcg and you go to court where you are disqualified from driving and either fined or given some other sentence.   If we apply the principle you are arguing, which I believe makes a lot of sense, there could be some more lenient penalty ,say $150 fine for between say 10 to 12 strikes, with suspension only being suitable in those cases if a previous history has existed.  Anything 13 strikes or over could be say a $300 fine and/or a suspension.       I think Eljay had a suggestion at one stage along similar lines.

Personally I don't think the whip needs used much at all.For example If you look at the  horse Still of the night. Mr keast got fined at rangiora, then he changed at addington to a much softer approach, limiting his whip action. At addington the horse responded just as well with a nice finish.  Good drivers like that don't really need to hit them much ,they still run for them either way.  Same as the Nathan Williamson case.  Hes good enough as well to not need to overuse the whip 

12 hours ago, sergio said:

As apposed to yours which is based on stupidity disguised by you as common sense.

Ill have to help you out with the point of my example. It is all about rules that are well known, If you break them you get punished. A simple concept really and one that's been around for centuries.

no mate you are the stupid one with your theory a bank robber and milk money thief both break the law so should both get 20 years in jail    what part of fine fitting crime don t you understand

Sergio you are "on the money"

Thing is though  that if you express commonsense or don't agree with stupid rules brought in by HRNZ you will be chastised by Newmarket or Kotare Hunter as they are "followers" and are on here to defend the TAB and HRNZ.

With their  pathetic attitude you can see why harness is not going to go ahead in future years.

Sheep!!!

19 hours ago, sergio said:

no mate you are the stupid one with your theory a bank robber and milk money thief both break the law so should both get 20 years in jail    what part of fine fitting crime don t you understand

Ive never suggested anywhere what you imply above Muppet.

15 hours ago, Brodie said:

Sergio you are "on the money"

Thing is though  that if you express commonsense or don't agree with stupid rules brought in by HRNZ you will be chastised by Newmarket or Kotare Hunter as they are "followers" and are on here to defend the TAB and HRNZ.

With their  pathetic attitude you can see why harness is not going to go ahead in future years.

Sheep!!!

It appears you are as thick as each other. The point of my earlier posts for the 3rd time is that if you break the rules you get punished. Its the same in Sport ,Human life and Racing.A simple concept that most people understand  but alas not you 2 muppets.

52 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Ive never suggested anywhere what you imply above Muppet.

It appears you are as thick as each other. The point of my earlier posts for the 3rd time is that if you break the rules you get punished. Its the same in Sport ,Human life and Racing.A simple concept that most people understand  but alas not you 2 muppets.

Muppet?

Newmarket you are the one that just agrees with everything even if the rule is a farce!

2 hours ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Stupidest post ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps Kotare but it would be in a photo finish with 30+ other posts of his. Obviously poorly educated as struggles with comprehension and English language, probably a process worker or real estate agent

you really are a nasty person (not really what I wanted to say) but seriously you are the thick one  what part don t you understand different levels of crime deserve different levels of punishment stop and think about what say instead of personalising your arguement

6 minutes ago, sergio said:

you really are a nasty person (not really what I wanted to say) but seriously you are the thick one  what part don t you understand different levels of crime deserve different levels of punishment stop and think about what say instead of personalising your arguement

It says you are a maiden on this forum. People get sick of Brodie high jacking every thread. He listens to no-one and trolls out the same topics every time. Purdon is bad for the industry, the whip rules should be abolished, and he claims (yeah right) he can't get a bet on. 

So people are probably a bit sarcastic towards him but IMHO it is because people are tired of his whinging. Tired of his expertise (not) "Brodie is on the money" and his lies - "I will never come back on this forum" - but here he is again - really on the money

1 hour ago, sergio said:

your point is what

Based on your posts ,you and Brodie are obviously closely related.:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, sergio said:

I have never said what you are implying above Muppet but yet you say im stupid. Helping you out for the 4th time. My point is that if you break the whip rules you will be fined and or suspended. I cant make the point any simpler but please feel free to make an even bigger dick of yourself by replying if you think im wrong

4 hours ago, Spikecity said:

It says you are a maiden on this forum. People get sick of Brodie high jacking every thread. He listens to no-one and trolls out the same topics every time. Purdon is bad for the industry, the whip rules should be abolished, and he claims (yeah right) he can't get a bet on. 

So people are probably a bit sarcastic towards him but IMHO it is because people are tired of his whinging. Tired of his expertise (not) "Brodie is on the money" and his lies - "I will never come back on this forum" - but here he is again - really on the money

It,is only a very few of the same ones that have Brodie on.

I listen to everyone the fact that I don't agree with you is my perogative!

Brodie is always on the money and has never once told a lie.

End of storey!

On 9/23/2017 at 10:24 PM, Brodie said:

It,is only a very few of the same ones that have Brodie on.

I listen to everyone the fact that I don't agree with you is my perogative!

Brodie is always on the money and has never once told a lie.

End of storey!

Haha - what storey are you on Brodie ?

Please don't jump :rolleyes:

At Caulfield Zahra and apprentice Stephanie Thornton received six-meeting bans for over-use of the whip in the Martini-Henry Handicap (1400m).

Zahra pleaded guilty to a charge of using the whip 12 times on the eventual runner-up Mandalay Bay, seven times more than allowed, before the 100m.

Thornton also pleaded guilty to her charge after stewards found she struck Think Alike 11 times before the 100m, which is six times more than allowed.

Let's just ban the whips in horse racing.

It will be great for a year or so until the punters stop investing and the industry collapses.

Way to go isn't it?

The Whip Rule, the main word here is RULE , if you break the rules then you deserve the penalty that is dished out,  It is interesting to note that drivers who get suspened are repeat offenders, the fines are a warning , don't do it again, if a driver cannot understand this, that is their problem, and most of them do ungerstand.

This rule was not implemented by the RIU but by the harness board, the RIU are then obligated to enforce the rule. I am a firm believer of this rule, for those of you who believe the rule is stupid, you obviously have never in the past been in the birdcage or the gearing up area and seen your horse with welts on its rump as big as your fingers even though the animal has given its best. I have taken a driver off a horse even after winning because of this. Thank the good lord above that it isn't tolerated nowadays.

It is also interesting to note that same rule is in the galloping industry and jockeys are fined and suspended on a regular basis, I see very little comment on the  gallops café , probably because they accept and understand that the rule is good and needed for animal welfare  

1 hour ago, badger said:

The Whip Rule, the main word here is RULE , if you break the rules then you deserve the penalty that is dished out,  It is interesting to note that drivers who get suspened are repeat offenders, the fines are a warning , don't do it again, if a driver cannot understand this, that is their problem, and most of them do ungerstand.

This rule was not implemented by the RIU but by the harness board, the RIU are then obligated to enforce the rule. I am a firm believer of this rule, for those of you who believe the rule is stupid, you obviously have never in the past been in the birdcage or the gearing up area and seen your horse with welts on its rump as big as your fingers even though the animal has given its best. I have taken a driver off a horse even after winning because of this. Thank the good lord above that it isn't tolerated nowadays.

It is also interesting to note that same rule is in the galloping industry and jockeys are fined and suspended on a regular basis, I see very little comment on the  gallops café , probably because they accept and understand that the rule is good and needed for animal welfare  

Very good points Badger. My thoughts exactly re rules etc