RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fartoomuch

Au Revoir Cam

7 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

So the great and mighty members council are meeting again this week to interview some nominees for NZTR board position due to the departure of John Stace.

One wonders if they have learnt any lessons from their previous decisions.

What lessons ? 

Corruption & / or chicanery 101 from Wayne Guppy and John Fockered, or however you spell his name.

The Member's Council lost all credibility when they orchestrated the appointment of Alan Jackson, then proved they were further corrupted by appointing Rodger Finlay ahead of far more worthy candidates.

There are good people on that council, but the two aforementioned drag the rest down with their low standards and what's been reported as devious chicanery.

51 minutes ago, Midget said:

What lessons ? 

Corruption & / or chicanery 101 from Wayne Guppy and John Fockered, or however you spell his name.

The Member's Council lost all credibility when they orchestrated the appointment of Alan Jackson, then proved they were further corrupted by appointing Rodger Finlay ahead of far more worthy candidates.

There are good people on that council, but the two aforementioned drag the rest down with their low standards and what's been reported as devious chicanery.

We are on the same page re lessons, your commentary says it all. I could add that the CEO should have nothing to do with the process in any form and that they actually select someone who actually has brains and knows something about the the industry. If what im hearing is correct one candidate is a standout , lets see what transpires but keep our expectations low

8 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

We are on the same page re lessons, your commentary says it all. I could add that the CEO should have nothing to do with the process in any form and that they actually select someone who actually has brains and knows something about the the industry. If what im hearing is correct one candidate is a standout , lets see what transpires but keep our expectations low

Please tell me it's not another fat useless stale male from within the finance ( or associated ) industry ?

FFS let's get a young female on there, or someone who'd actually done something in the game.

Message me privately and tell me who the standout is please.

Dean McKenzie, and he'd better get the nod or the industry should strike immediately.

With Dean & Jason Fleming we're starting to get this show sorted, then McCarthy has to go and we should agree to seek two or three young motivated females/males, say 2:1, with experience in media, IT and governance.

Stuff the breeders, the accountants, the money men, replace the lot and let's get current and relevant with our governing body.

3 hours ago, Midget said:

Dean McKenzie, and he'd better get the nod or the industry should strike immediately.

With Dean & Jason Fleming we're starting to get this show sorted, then McCarthy has to go and we should agree to seek two or three young motivated females/males, say 2:1, with experience in media, IT and governance.

Stuff the breeders, the accountants, the money men, replace the lot and let's get current and relevant with our governing body.

Looks to have a lot of merit Midget but without money and real input at NZRB level your candidates and NZTR will be merely treading water. Thats the tragic part of it all whilst the useless Glenda and John  show carries on with their failed policies

2 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Im wondering whether he was invited or bothered to attend board interviews held this week.

Whatever happened to the old fashioned idea of democracy. Surely club members deserve a say on the way the industry is run.

Just confirms NZTR no longer represents clubs but rather the participants.

26 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

Whatever happened to the old fashioned idea of democracy. Surely club members deserve a say on the way the industry is run.

The last thing we need is more amateurs from within the club system.

That model has failed us badly already, professionals who join a racing club as a hobby have zero right to rule over those who derive a living from the game.

Would the NZRFU let provincial clubs run Super Rugby or the All Blacks ?

27 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

Don't know about representing the 'participants'.  From where I am sitting it represents the interests and whims of a bunch of faceless Board members and a few power crazed staff

The NZ RB are no different.  The idea of representing anyone at the ground level is unheard of in those parts.

3 hours ago, Midget said:

The last thing we need is more amateurs from within the club system.

That model has failed us badly already, professionals who join a racing club as a hobby have zero right to rule over those who derive a living from the game.

Would the NZRFU let provincial clubs run Super Rugby or the All Blacks ?

So why wasn't the trainers rep there to look after those you refer to Midget. Cant totally confirm this but i'm hearing NT was not at all the interviews

4 hours ago, Newmarket said:

So why wasn't the trainers rep there to look after those you refer to Midget. Cant totally confirm this but i'm hearing NT was not at all the interviews

His vote was cast by someone else as a proxy, as was Paul Kenny's, so he was effectively represented.

I've spoken to five different members of the MC and they all voted for Dean McKenzie. It'll take a major act of fraud or chicanery to not elect him, but hey, if Fockerd and Guppy are involved in the decision making they could do anything.

3 hours ago, Newmarket said:

You shouldn't be hearing anything :) everyone knows they're only supposed to leak to me 

19 minutes ago, Midget said:

His vote was cast by someone else as a proxy, as was Paul Kenny's, so he was effectively represented.

I've spoken to five different members of the MC and they all voted for Dean McKenzie. It'll take a major act of fraud or chicanery to not elect him, but hey, Fockerd and Guppy could do anything.

really why would you have a proxy to me that shows your not serious if you dont turn up

3 minutes ago, gary1 said:

really why would you have a proxy to me that shows your not serious if you dont turn up

Really ? They read the CVs and evaluate the candidates before the meeting, their work was done and they gave xxx their proxy with instructions.

Some of these guys have a demanding life outside of racing politics FFS, stop hassling them.

Besides, when the last candidate was up for selection Fockered and Guppy told the other members to read the CVs but then to shut up and back off because this was just a charade and they had already decided Roger Finlay was getting the nod.

Blame the WRC and those two for the rorts and chicanery, they've let the WRC fade into oblivion with bad decisions and it appears ( based on the Finlay case ) they're happy to do the same to NZTR now.

Just now, Midget said:

Really ? They read the CVs and evaluate the candidates before the meeting, their work was done and they gave xxx their proxy with instructions.

Some of these guys have a demanding life outside of racing politics FFS, stop hassling them.

really midge whose hassling them i asked a simple question your very aggresive

44 minutes ago, Midget said:

You shouldn't be hearing anything :) everyone knows they're only supposed to leak to me 

Apologies Mr Midget, i forgot my place in society.:lol:

I did enjoy getting the conversation going. As you say if DM gets back on now that snow whites gone there is at least a chance of some robust discussion.how much one person can do is another matter .