RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fartoomuch

Au Revoir Cam

Tom its clear you have had a few issues with NZTR and it officials which is your perogative. That said I know of a few racing club officials who are mortified by his departure. They are pretty good judges  as well IMHO.

Lets remind each other about the definition of Insanity. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Ozzies running NZ racing ring a bell. Shame on the clowns who appointed the latest pretender. If he was any good do you not think he would still be over the ditch

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

Tom its clear you have had a few issues with NZTR and it officials which is your perogative. That said I know of a few racing club officials who are mortified by his departure. They are pretty good judges  as well IMHO.

Lets remind each other about the definition of Insanity. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Ozzies running NZ racing ring a bell. Shame on the clowns who appointed the latest pretender. If he was any good do you not think he would still be over the ditch

They might be guys who were not subject to his continual demands here there and everywhere.  Such gems as one day at Riccarton when the topic of stewards towers came up and he stated categorically that scissorlifts  ware not acceptable as patrol towers.  Two weeks later Ellerslie had exactly that and he denied saying it.  Then the circular came out from him demanding that all stewards towers be engineering certified.  Come raceday and I ask the stipes why they are not using the car provided to go to the towers 'oh no we don't use them any more'.  Minor things maybe but they all cost and this guy just carried on like nothing had happened.

Your friends either (1) have not been forced to endure this continual piffle the guy produced (2) have no idea what they are doing or more likely (3) are petrified at treading on toes at NZTR.  I personally dealt with the crap from these NZTR guys for long enough(as a Club Secretary as well I might add) and am not that keen on being an administrator that I will avoid saying it exactly as I see it.  There has been a deafening silence from those(at the coalface of Club Administration) who should have been kicking up about NZTR's modus operandi for years and  that is coming home to bite the industry on the arse.  It has been left to the Morty's of this world to kick some butt along with one or two others but those who saw it and knew they were seeing it have a lot to answer for(not unlike Pike River really but fortunately and hopefully this time nobody will lose their life) 

On 7/26/2017 at 11:17 AM, SilverHawk said:

Now that Hall is leaving, what is needed is:

Campbell Moncur and George Strictland to leave too.

Bernard clean out the hanger-ons!!

Finally Moncur is going.

Nothing but a yes man.
Only ones that liked him, were the ones he agreed with.

Did nothing for NZTR. He should have resigned years ago.

Just need Strictland to leave now. Hope Moncur takes his golden boy with him.

Bernard is a go getter my sources tell me, so he will have a challenge on his hands here. Sounds like he is up to it, so let's see how we are going in 12 months time. Our problems lie at the top, Glenda and her team, not answerable to anyone, and no knowledge of what will put things right. Interesting times!

Guest 2Admin2
17 minutes ago, Chris Wood said:

Bernard is a go getter my sources tell me, so he will have a challenge on his hands here. Sounds like he is up to it, so let's see how we are going in 12 months time. Our problems lie at the top, Glenda and her team, not answerable to anyone, and no knowledge of what will put things right. Interesting times!

Bernard is Australian.  Everything done so far or about to be done favours the OZ industry.  A dingo can't change its colours.  Plus Berndingo can do SFA with no revenue.  Allen should run for the Labour party tax everything that moves or doesn't move and borrow until the hairbrained policies deliver which they wont.

On 15/09/2017 at 3:04 PM, TOM(the other Molloy) said:

They might be guys who were not subject to his continual demands here there and everywhere.  Such gems as one day at Riccarton when the topic of stewards towers came up and he stated categorically that scissorlifts  ware not acceptable as patrol towers.  Two weeks later Ellerslie had exactly that and he denied saying it.  Then the circular came out from him demanding that all stewards towers be engineering certified.  Come raceday and I ask the stipes why they are not using the car provided to go to the towers 'oh no we don't use them any more'.  Minor things maybe but they all cost and this guy just carried on like nothing had happened.

Your friends either (1) have not been forced to endure this continual piffle the guy produced (2) have no idea what they are doing or more likely (3) are petrified at treading on toes at NZTR.  I personally dealt with the crap from these NZTR guys for long enough(as a Club Secretary as well I might add) and am not that keen on being an administrator that I will avoid saying it exactly as I see it.  There has been a deafening silence from those(at the coalface of Club Administration) who should have been kicking up about NZTR's modus operandi for years and  that is coming home to bite the industry on the arse.  It has been left to the Morty's of this world to kick some butt along with one or two others but those who saw it and knew they were seeing it have a lot to answer for(not unlike Pike River really but fortunately and hopefully this time nobody will lose their life) 

Tom, went around to Snoozes place last night to watch the All Blacks and Richard Collet was also there and I mentioned this incident regarding what Reefton had to waste money on and can you believe this, He said that this incident would NOT have happened.I hope he reads Cafe and then he can see this B/S DID happen.

Imagine if NZTR was the rugby union, the NZRFU, and they'd managed rugby the way  our leaders have managed racing....what would the score have been last night and how many would've watched the game :) !!!

Yet they take no responsibility and continue to insist all is well.

I do have a lot of sympathy for many of the things people like Tom are saying, but as Midget will appreciate the health and safety regs these days are so invasive and organsations often have no option but to be seen to do what is required. Racing must be particularly prone to it at so many levels. I have met Campbell in the past and at least he is a racing man with a passion for the industry, which is more than can be said for many.

On 9/16/2017 at 9:46 AM, 2Admin2 said:

Bernard is Australian.  Everything done so far or about to be done favours the OZ industry.  A dingo can't change its colours.  Plus Berndingo can do SFA with no revenue.  Allen should run for the Labour party tax everything that moves or doesn't move and borrow until the hairbrained policies deliver which they wont.

I think anyone with an IQ over 54 knows that J Allen will be gone within a few years and that the 20 odd mill they took from reserves to pacify the masses is gone for good as well.

11 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I do have a lot of sympathy for many of the things people like Tom are saying, but as Midget will appreciate the health and safety regs these days are so invasive and organsations often have no option but to be seen to do what is required. Racing must be particularly prone to it at so many levels. I have met Campbell in the past and at least he is a racing man with a passion for the industry, which is more than can be said for many.

Seems rather odd that they've spent nothing on tracks then, and to exacerbate matters they willingly lied about the unsafe Awapuni track, and in doing so put the welfare and safety of jockeys and horse at risk in a manner that can only be described as criminally negligent.

As an aside I can't see how Campbell Moncur was a significant contributor ( detrimentally that is ), he was only doing what he was told and subscribing to the rotten Petone culture, and as an employee that's what he had to do.

1 hour ago, crustyngrizzly said:

If the Rugby Union was performing like the NZTR the public would be up in arms and demanding change along with less bums on seats.

Unfortunately there are no bums on seats at racing and the general public of NZ aren't interested.

Rugby is struggling to get bums on seats.Apart from test matches all other games are struggling.Super rugby apparently had worst attendance figures ever and provincial comp struggling.Its just sign of times,with alcohol laws,and so many more things to do.

1 hour ago, richie said:

Rugby is struggling to get bums on seats.Apart from test matches all other games are struggling.Super rugby apparently had worst attendance figures ever and provincial comp struggling.Its just sign of times,with alcohol laws,and so many more things to do.

Fair comment, but their revenue streams are increasing year on year, they're producing a product they can sell, their media is world class, and they've managed their sport / profession well.

I doubt you could say that for racing.

6 hours ago, Midget said:

Tom, went around to Snoozes place last night to watch the All Blacks and Richard Collet was also there and I mentioned this incident regarding what Reefton had to waste money on and can you believe this, He said that this incident would NOT have happened.I hope he reads Cafe and then he can see this B/S DID happen.

Bit of a pity if that is what R Collett believes but the indifference of Trainers (who I would think have more to lose than anyone else) is a classic example of those who should be kicking up about NZTR not bothering.  That has been covered plenty on Cafe but if that is the NZTA attitude then it will be hard to have sympathy for them.  There are plenty of opportunities on facebook to buy shares in horses to be trained by Hayes and Dabernig, Gerald Ryan or Waterhouse and Bott.  I have been on course to see horses I have shares in run maybe once out of thirty times in the last three years  - no skin off my nose if they are running at Taralgon not Tauranga.

I might add I have a lot of admiration for the Colletts and that is nothing personal but clearly symptomatic of the problem. Bury our head in the sand and hope someone else makes the issue go away.

I will be okay is the attitude from a lot of trainers, reality must hit home shortly to most, it did for me a good few years ago. Talking to Pikey last week, he knows the problems, but the solutions are very slow coming.

The Trainers Association has been pis weak for far to long, we and the owners hold the key to things, but stand united, no show!

We have slowly orchestrated our own demise, and sadly, everything Leo has said in the last five to six years has hit home, and this election could prove more of a problem if Taxinda gets in.

Like him or loathe him, he has written the absolute profile of how things were going to turn out, but nobody wanted to listen!

Interesting times on the horizon!

On reflection I might be a bit too tough on the individual(Moncur) here.  I guess he was only doing his job as somebody else dictated.  But there are too many people in NZ 'only doing their job' whose sole role seems to be to make things hard for everyone else(mainly public servants to be fair)

Remember when we were at school and our excuse was that we did whatever because everyone else was doing it.  And the Teacher would give us a bollocking about not thinking for ourselves?

Is it not time for the Racing Clubs of NZ, backed up by the Trainers Association and whatever other industry organisations there are to issue a vote of no confidence in the Board of NZTR and NZRB? And the Bloody Minister himself for that matter?

Like that '88'(I thing it was) call that that rugby team used that time - if we all shun these pricks collectively(In the rugby case it was if we all start scrapping) they can't send the lot of us off. Not saying we have a strike(that is never going to get off the ground as it will only penalise stakeholders - mainly trainers and riders) just have an agreement to refuse to give these wankers the time of day.  So when Bennett(or Teethcinda's henchman), Allen, Glenda or Bernard turn up with a smile on their face at NZ Cup time they are simply told they are not welcome in the Birdcage.  Nobody outside the Club need ever know but the message will be delivered load and clear to those who need to know.

Someone compared it to Rugby - the Board of NZ Rugby still answer, through the election process, to the grass roots.  Ever since the grass roots lost their say in NZ Racing the decline has been escalating.  I myself remember how the District Committees(well mine anyway) would lay into the NZTR delegate on topics of the day. These days we do not even know who the NZTR delegate is.