RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Huey

Scratching Fees

19 hours ago, Shad said:

Just out of interest, what the cost of a race start.

Maiden - R 65 $0 Other than jockey fee.

$25k rating 75 is $57.50 Nom, Acceptance $215.63 + Jockey fee. 

So running last tomorrow sets you back $430 plus transport to get there.

5 minutes ago, barryb said:

Yep quite ridiculous when you look at those fees and realise owners are the ones putting on the show.

Just now, Huey said:

Yep quite ridiculous when you look at those fees and realise owners are the ones putting on the show.

Not quite that simple Huey.

Trainers get nothing for taking horses to the races ( unless the runner wins ), however they've got to pay extra wages, and travel costs, sometimes overnight costs, typically animals and staff are in transit before decisions to cancel are made.....but trainers get nothing in compensation.

We had the same horse sent home from three different meetings a couple of springs ago, one of which involved a trip to Wingatui from CHCH, with two overnight staff, plus an airfare, and when the meeting was cancelled we got about $300 compensation, the same as the local horses who'd never left their boxes got.

The truth is that every scratching / abandonment costs trainers, jockeys, owners, and the industry ...... and this code distributions are based on % of domestic turnover so it doesn't just cost the code turnover this year, it's carried forward and as a code you're punished with a lesser share of distributions next year too.

Meantime in Petone no one pays, but the pie warmer and pinot are kept busy.

I want to see that prize money for coming 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th cancelled.  Instead the owners of those horses that come 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th get their nomination fee, acceptance fee and losing riding fee refunded.

The trainers' invoices that I see always include a Strapper's Charge for a race day.  And accommodation charges when way out of town.

1 hour ago, Midget said:

Not quite that simple Huey.

Trainers get nothing for taking horses to the races ( unless the runner wins ), however they've got to pay extra wages, and travel costs, sometimes overnight costs, typically animals and staff are in transit before decisions to cancel are made.....but trainers get nothing in compensation.

We had the same horse sent home from three different meetings a couple of springs ago, one of which involved a trip to Wingatui from CHCH, with two overnight staff, plus an airfare, and when the meeting was cancelled we got about $300 compensation, the same as the local horses who'd never left their boxes got.

The truth is that every scratching / abandonment costs trainers, jockeys, owners, and the industry ...... and this code distributions are based on % of domestic turnover so it doesn't just cost the code turnover this year, it's carried forward and as a code you're punished with a lesser share of distributions next year too.

Meantime in Petone no one pays, but the pie warmer and pinot are kept busy.

No arguement from me there and That certainly wasn't what I was implying and really include trainers in that regard.

22 minutes ago, Tauhei Notts said:

I want to see that prize money for coming 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th cancelled.  Instead the owners of those horses that come 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th get their nomination fee, acceptance fee and losing riding fee refunded.

The trainers' invoices that I see always include a Strapper's Charge for a race day.  And accommodation charges when way out of town.

Good idea , I dont know why more clubs dont do that.

11 hours ago, barryb said:

Thanks for that, what the jockeys fee.