RaceCafe
  • Announcements

• 2Admin2

TAB 0800 Telephone Bet Number - IMPORTANT!!!!   05/16/2017

The Telephone Bet Service ceased in July 2016.    For telephone betting via Touchtone call 0800 10 20 33. The old 0800 number now belongs to a different company who are being bombarded with calls. The TAB Helpline is  0800 102 106
    • 2Admin2

Site Issues Forced Upgrade   08/01/2017

Hi I was forced to do an emergency upgrade to RaceCafe as we were suffering extended outages.  Everything seems OK now.  You will see a few visual issues with colours etc but I we get round to fixing those over the next few days.  The main priority was to get things up and running again. Cheers Admin
Sign in to follow this  
Huey

Scratching Fees

With the frequency of race meetings being abandoned and trainers having to multi nominate their horses for race meetings just in case races are called off , is it time the scratching fee became something of the past?

22 hours ago, dbtab said:

Do you get nomination fee back if meeting called off?

Yes you do , but because of the frequency of abandonment trainers are having to multiple nominate their horses.

19 hours ago, Shad said:

Just out of interest, what the cost of a race start.

Maiden - R 65 $0 Other than jockey fee.

$25k rating 75 is $57.50 Nom, Acceptance $215.63 + Jockey fee. 

So running last tomorrow sets you back $430 plus transport to get there.

5 minutes ago, barryb said:

Yep quite ridiculous when you look at those fees and realise owners are the ones putting on the show.

Just now, Huey said:

Yep quite ridiculous when you look at those fees and realise owners are the ones putting on the show.

Not quite that simple Huey.

Trainers get nothing for taking horses to the races ( unless the runner wins ), however they've got to pay extra wages, and travel costs, sometimes overnight costs, typically animals and staff are in transit before decisions to cancel are made.....but trainers get nothing in compensation.

We had the same horse sent home from three different meetings a couple of springs ago, one of which involved a trip to Wingatui from CHCH, with two overnight staff, plus an airfare, and when the meeting was cancelled we got about $300 compensation, the same as the local horses who'd never left their boxes got.

The truth is that every scratching / abandonment costs trainers, jockeys, owners, and the industry ...... and this code distributions are based on % of domestic turnover so it doesn't just cost the code turnover this year, it's carried forward and as a code you're punished with a lesser share of distributions next year too.

Meantime in Petone no one pays, but the pie warmer and pinot are kept busy.

I want to see that prize money for coming 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th cancelled.  Instead the owners of those horses that come 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th get their nomination fee, acceptance fee and losing riding fee refunded.

The trainers' invoices that I see always include a Strapper's Charge for a race day.  And accommodation charges when way out of town.

1 hour ago, Midget said:

Not quite that simple Huey.

Trainers get nothing for taking horses to the races ( unless the runner wins ), however they've got to pay extra wages, and travel costs, sometimes overnight costs, typically animals and staff are in transit before decisions to cancel are made.....but trainers get nothing in compensation.

We had the same horse sent home from three different meetings a couple of springs ago, one of which involved a trip to Wingatui from CHCH, with two overnight staff, plus an airfare, and when the meeting was cancelled we got about $300 compensation, the same as the local horses who'd never left their boxes got.

The truth is that every scratching / abandonment costs trainers, jockeys, owners, and the industry ...... and this code distributions are based on % of domestic turnover so it doesn't just cost the code turnover this year, it's carried forward and as a code you're punished with a lesser share of distributions next year too.

Meantime in Petone no one pays, but the pie warmer and pinot are kept busy.

No arguement from me there and That certainly wasn't what I was implying and really include trainers in that regard.

22 minutes ago, Tauhei Notts said:

I want to see that prize money for coming 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th cancelled.  Instead the owners of those horses that come 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th get their nomination fee, acceptance fee and losing riding fee refunded.

The trainers' invoices that I see always include a Strapper's Charge for a race day.  And accommodation charges when way out of town.

Good idea , I dont know why more clubs dont do that.

11 hours ago, barryb said:

Thanks for that, what the jockeys fee.