RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Insider

Highly Recommended

I discovered Highly Recommended :wub:at the 2016 Festival Sale and have wanted one ever since! Beaut Yearlings for that level sale but sadly for me they sold accordingly...particularly the colts. Some very good judges purchased them and I never got a look in. I had them marked..watched them sell... including the $26,000 colt purchased by one Alexander Fieldes who he has now named Kirkland! :unsure:

Yes, he is one son of the "legendary" Fastnet Rock that looks like he might make it.  He was a fair horse, trained by Peter Moody so it's great to see him starting to make an impression. Especially good for South Island breeders who really don't have a grand  array of stallions, especially affordable commercial choices. 

22 hours ago, Baz (NZ) said:

I discovered Highly Recommended :wub:at the 2016 Festival Sale and have wanted one ever since! Beaut Yearlings for that level sale but sadly for me they sold accordingly...particularly the colts. Some very good judges purchased them and I never got a look in. I had them marked..watched them sell... including the $26,000 colt purchased by one Alexander Fieldes who he has now named Kirkland! :unsure:

Were plenty of them at the the 2016 south island sale, modestly priced to, may not been as well bred as the ones at the festive. But they were there.

Great to see the Sth Island stallions having a good run - Raise The Flag, Gallant Guru, Coats Choice, Highly Recommended, Remind and Zacinto all preforming well. Just to point out some had limited numbers (going by the stud book) but some others like Highly Recommended served over 100 mares each season so there should be plenty more to hit the tracks.

Nice win by broadside the other day in Australia, also yogi went nice race for 4th in top company yesterday, i really like raise the flag progeny, didn't get many mares last time, shame as they seem to be late maturing horses.