RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

Bonneval

What a super fresh up win in the G2 race at Moonee Valley today. 

I just love this horse and even I thought she may have been a run short first up. Looking at her going to the start I again thought that she would need it but wow!

Didn't back her today but I was up and standing and cheering for her from the 500m. 

Really looking forward to the rest of her Melbourne campaign. 

Let's hope that she deservedly gets Horse of The Year at the Awards tomorrow night. 

1 hour ago, rdytdy said:

What a super fresh up win in the G2 race at Moonee Valley today. 

I just love this horse and even I thought she may have been a run short first up. Looking at her going to the start I again thought that she would need it but wow!

Didn't back her today but I was up and standing and cheering for her from the 500m. 

Really looking forward to the rest of her Melbourne campaign. 

Let's hope that she deservedly gets Horse of The Year at the Awards tomorrow night. 

Isn't Murray Baker a genius Ted?

He just keeps producing them to win over here time and time again with his magic formula.

Great fresh up win by the mare today. She was going to win a long way from home.

She'll definitely give Hartnell and The Tart some competition in the Caulfield Cup for sure! B)

How good is this guys assessment of her; Daniel O'Sullivan wrote this exactly one month ago: 

(Note that on our Free Handicap this week she is rated below Gingernuts and equal with Jon Snow.)

Leading form analyst Daniel O’Sullivan from The Rating Bureau in Australia rates Bonneval as the best of New Zealand’s classic winners in the 2016-17 season and expects a bold showing from her in Melbourne during the spring.

According to O’Sullivan, the daughter of Makfi ran to a peak rating of 104.5 in her Gr. 1 Australian Oaks romp, placing her ahead of fellow Group One winners Gingernuts with a peak rating of 100 and Jon Snow at 99.

“There's no doubt in my mind that Bonneval is the superior horse based on exposed form,” O’Sullivan said.

“Her Australian Oaks win was a supreme staying performance, above the historical average of the race. It was a fast pace, higher pressure race which she relished, racing away to be a dominant winner in a fast time. 

“Her New Zealand Oaks win demonstrated that she also has an excellent turn of foot and sustained sectional speed over 600 to 800 metres. From a staying perspective, she has all of the attributes needed to be a factor at the top level.”

O’Sullivan believes Bonneval will be competitive in the spring with the Gr. 1 Caulfield Cup her prime target.

“At four I can see Bonneval being thereabouts in the weight-for-age lead-up races over 1600 to 2000 metres, building nicely to another peak performance in the 2400-metre Caulfield Cup,” he said.

“I'd expect her to get around 52 to 53 kilograms in the Caulfield Cup and on her Oaks rating that weight will put her in the competitive zone, given the historical rating at the weights produced by the race winners and placegetters.”

A versatile runner, O’Sullivan believes the pace of the race would be irrelevant for Bonneval.

“If they go hard, she's proven to have fast time and genuine staying talent. If the race is run more moderately, she's also proven to have a fast and sustained sectional sprint of 600 to 800 metres,” he said.

“She also appeals to me as the type of filly that could make a little bit of further improvement in her ratings and that would make her a big threat in Group One handicaps and certainly able to compete with the European horses that might come to Australia under handicap conditions.”

Cox Plate and Melbourne Cup placegetter Hartnell is one of the likely topweights for the Caulfield Cup, but O’Sullivan believes the Kiwi mare can pose a threat to the Godolphin galloper. 

“If Hartnell is being set for the race then he's likely to have 58 kilograms. At the weights, Hartnell would need to get back to his spring 2016 form to be a chance in the race and at that level, he and Bonneval would be closely matched. 

“On Hartnell's autumn form Bonneval would be superior, however, on 2016 form he's the superior horse, but the difference in handicaps would bring them closer together. 

“I'm looking forward to seeing her compete in the Melbourne spring.”

Meanwhile, O’Sullivan said New Zealand Derby and Rosehill Guineas hero Gingernuts would need to improve to compete at the highest level in Australia in the spring.

“He's yet to display the same level of talent as Bonneval, either in terms of staying ability or turn of foot.

“Gingernuts raced on very heavy tracks in Sydney and won a solid pace, slogging Rosehill Guineas in good time by being the superior stayer at 2000 metres. He got too far back in a moderately run Australian Derby and was never a factor.

“He might be one that could make improvement, but he needs to increase sharply beyond his 100 peak in Australia as that mark won't cut it in Australia racing at the top level.”

O’Sullivan highlighted fellow New Zealand Derby winner Mongolian Khan as an example of a recent New Zealand horse to improve on their autumn form to excel in the spring.

“Mongolian Khan rated two lengths superior in the autumn at 103 and then improved a further two lengths into his four-year-old season to win the Caulfield Cup,” he said.

Australian Derby winner Jon Snow is another horse that will need to improve to be competitive in Australia, according to O’Sullivan.

“Jon Snow won a well below average rating Australian Derby with just a 99 rating. His prior win in the Tulloch Stakes was 97,” he said.

“Similar to Gingernuts, Jon Snow would need to make big improvement to be a player in the Melbourne spring, otherwise I can't see him being a factor in lead-up races or the Caulfield Cup itself.” 

You had to love the comments made by Corey Brown after his win on Suncraze. Just tell it like it is Corey.....:lol:

‘HE’S A WEIRDO’ BUT HE’S GOOD

Corey Brown’s ridden plenty of high class horses and it won’t surprise him if one day Suncraze joins that group but the champion rider says he hasn’t "ridden many with split personalities like him”.

Suncraze made it back-to-back Highway Handicap wins at Rosehill on Saturday and will now trial again before a tilt at the $200,000 Highway Anniversary (1400m) at Randwick on October 14.

The win was impressive, albeit narrow but Brown says "it’s scary” how much the four-year-old could still improve.

"He’s a weirdo,” Brown said. "It’s like riding four different horses in a race – I can’t recall riding one like him.

"At about the 600 it was like he saw a dead person on the track. He skipped sideways, put himself into the fence then shit himself.

"If he ever puts it all together you’ll see a horse.”

14 hours ago, zelda kratchanova 2 said:

Boris sayed if they change there mind and run in the cox plate and ruin his long rangesdoubles :ph34r:he will neck himself 

:blink:

Nice cover at 33/1. Boris can't lose. :)

Caulfield Cup is the main target though. :)

2 hours ago, zelda kratchanova 2 said:

boris bootmaker friend says Winx is cooked and frosman and barker know this and the cocks plate is there for the taking:(

he should take the 33/1 in bucket load$ now before he misses the boat, n0?

Cooked eh...? Boris might want to listen to those who would know......;)

TIME TO END THE ‘HOW WINX IS GOING’ DEBATE

There’s been plenty of questions asked in the past week in regard to how racing’s darling Winx is going this preparation so we went to the man that is best credentialed to give an opinion.

A lot of pundits have been questioning if the champion mare is going as well this preparation compared with past campaigns but if anyone knows, it’s her trainer Chris Waller.

"Personally, I think she’s going as well as ever if not better,” he said.

"First-up she basically beat them by five lengths after she missed the start by five lengths and then the other day she did it without the whip.

"Some people are worried she’s had two tough runs but I'm not. The sectional times would suggest they’ve gone slow early and sprinted home each time.

"She’s going great, she’s absolutely flying.”

Winx is set to return to Randwick next Saturday for the George Main Stakes (1600m) before the trainer decides her next run, likely to be on October 14 in either the Caulfield Stakes or the Craven Plate at Randwick.

Boris bootmaker friend has an abroginal punter mate who was at track work and pointed his boner at Winx :blink:

reckons take as much of the odds on offer Bonneval in the coxs plate as you can get, said it's money for old jam, n0?

now 20/1 not 33/1 :ph34r:..........wonder why ???

Boris now doesn't now whether he's Marta or arthur.

gunna be a great spring whatever..

pleeez gamble responsively.;)

On 9/12/2017 at 11:14 AM, Ohokaman said:

Cooked eh...? Boris might want to listen to those who would know......;)

TIME TO END THE ‘HOW WINX IS GOING’ DEBATE

There’s been plenty of questions asked in the past week in regard to how racing’s darling Winx is going this preparation so we went to the man that is best credentialed to give an opinion.

A lot of pundits have been questioning if the champion mare is going as well this preparation compared with past campaigns but if anyone knows, it’s her trainer Chris Waller.

"Personally, I think she’s going as well as ever if not better,” he said.

"First-up she basically beat them by five lengths after she missed the start by five lengths and then the other day she did it without the whip.

"Some people are worried she’s had two tough runs but I'm not. The sectional times would suggest they’ve gone slow early and sprinted home each time.

"She’s going great, she’s absolutely flying.”

Winx is set to return to Randwick next Saturday for the George Main Stakes (1600m) before the trainer decides her next run, likely to be on October 14 in either the Caulfield Stakes or the Craven Plate at Randwick.

Waller now considering the Turnbull Stakes at Flemington as final lead up to the Cox Plate. Might be interesting.

56 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Big win good run the 2nd horse too... both will be hard to beat in the CC I would think... good on Murray Baker and his team they really are great with traveling horses.

agree  could be the quin again