RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
premixer

Aussies restricted from offshore betting

Guest 2Admin2

Just use a proxy service and you can pretend to be in any country you want to be.

4 hours ago, puha said:

Can't see punters in AU doing that  will find an easier option for sure. The greyhound boys will be sweating don't they take a fairly large proportion of AU punting dollars ?

No easier way that I know of Puha.

Have to provide 100 points showing proof of address, which normally involves a utilities account where you normally reside.

Harewood, I agree that the NZ TAB Form is actually superior to the Australian versions. Now because I reside in Oz I am blocked from betting and viewing NZ TAB form. 

So is there any way I can view the form other than having a Kiwi mate download it and send it through each day ???

7 minutes ago, Peter Jenkins said:

Harewood, I agree that the NZ TAB Form is actually superior to the Australian versions. Now because I reside in Oz I am blocked from betting and viewing NZ TAB form. 

So is there any way I can view the form other than having a Kiwi mate download it and send it through each day ???

Isn't the form shown on Racenet.com.au PJ ? All fields are there and if you click Form, then New....everything is there.

12 minutes ago, Peter Jenkins said:

They have form there Dave but it isn't displayed with data as efficiently for each horse. Thanks anyway for the reply.

use a proxy server mate, allows you to access info on the internet without restrictions most of the time.  simple as just starting with googling "proxy server"

On ‎9‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 3:28 PM, jack said:

Investing  $$$ oversea`s , weather gambling or investing in the stock markets ... Does the criteria of investing in the stock markets regarded as gambling too?

just interested ...

investing in stock market I would argue is not really gambling in the main.  You can play it so it can be gambling, but then it becomes an expensive exercise.

Stocks in general, and history has proven creates wealth (for those that refer to the last recession, stocks in NZ have since recovered and are now in green for most), provides tax benefits (imputation credits) and in general we all (most) invest in stocks one way or another, whether that's through KiwiSaver, the NZ Super fund, or saving through index like funds.

35 minutes ago, Peter Jenkins said:

Peter, the best place to go is the NZTR website to do the form as it shows every start for each horse including trial starts and has videos of all of those runs next to the particular race or trial. Above the in-depth career review it also has the horse's career stats. Gear changes and you can look up stipe reports for each meeting etc etc.

It is far superior to what the TAB provide for doing any sort of form analysis.  

1 hour ago, Peter Jenkins said:

Peter, try www.racingandsports.com.au their form and analysis for Kiwi racing is first class.

15 hours ago, puha said:

So what is the likely outcome of way to solve this?

Someone at NZRB must surely to be accountable for this huge cock up. Its been known for years that the Ozzzies were looking at legislation so why did they not head this off at the pass. The only solution i can see for NZTAB is that new legislation will be passed at some future date to allow offshore betting on NZ races, as in some sort of dispensation. Dont hold your breath however as any legislation takes years as opposed to months

4 hours ago, Peter Jenkins said:

Definitely PJ. I alwAys load up the tabnz site whenever I want info on any races. Quicker than others and the results are far far better. The NSW tab is stuck in quick sand. Tabnz opens instantly and the Tabnsw has the little wheel spinning for a while. It's actually quite a pain. Be difficult for you 

"NZRB chief executive John Allen said it had contacted each accountant holder based in Australia. The number is estimated to be around 800 and they generate turnover of around $1 million a year."

Obviously nothing major to worry about then.

1 hour ago, Leggy said:

"NZRB chief executive John Allen said it had contacted each accountant holder based in Australia. The number is estimated to be around 800 and they generate turnover of around $1 million a year."

and there would be plenty of us here with our accounts registered to a NZ address so i'd suggest it will have bigger effects

Guest 2Admin2
10 hours ago, Leggy said:

But that's only the "accountants".

Seriously though if Allen does mean turnover not revenue then AUS accounts contribute only $170,000 in net revenue.  Doesn't add up.

What an utter and complete fuck up.  The Goon Show has made a come back.

12 hours ago, tonkatime said:

"Richards said the main thing for customers if they are going on holiday to Australia is to place their bets before they leave."

That would have to be one of the more silly statements I have read. 

This statement shows how far they are from reality and the understanding of gambling in a racing industry.

20 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Someone at NZRB must surely to be accountable for this huge cock up. Its been known for years that the Ozzzies were looking at legislation so why did they not head this off at the pass. The only solution i can see for NZTAB is that new legislation will be passed at some future date to allow offshore betting on NZ races, as in some sort of dispensation. Dont hold your breath however as any legislation takes years as opposed to months

The Salvation Army will no doubt be opposed. Next time you are invited to place your hard earned into the red kettle make it known that their anti gambling stance in noted.

Can someone please post the tab.co.nz customer service email? I can't get on anything tab.co.nz-related from oz. I come home a bit & am hoping when I am in NZ for holidays I can access my account, or if they've shut it.

Cheers :)

6 minutes ago, Kent said:

Can someone please post the tab.co.nz customer service email? I can't get on anything tab.co.nz-related from oz. I come home a bit & am hoping when I am in NZ for holidays I can access my account, or if they've shut it.

Cheers :)

helpdesk@tab.co.nz 

On 9/14/2017 at 5:47 PM, Leggy said:

Well he hasnt contacted me and I keep getting emails to say they have given me a bonus bet but of course carnt access the site to spend it so it disappears and emails with the days best bets and a link to click here to bet. Absolutely hopeless and a disgrace.  

2 hours ago, harewood said:

Well he hasnt contacted me and I keep getting emails to say they have given me a bonus bet but of course carnt access the site to spend it so it disappears and emails with the days best bets and a link to click here to bet. Absolutely hopeless and a disgrace.  

Harewood, my brother is the same. Account not closed, but like you can't access the site. We figured the account wasn't closed because it was opened with a NZ address. The ones they closed are associated with Oz addresses. Perhaps that is the case for you.

On 9/14/2017 at 11:53 AM, rdytdy said:

Peter, the best place to go is the NZTR website to do the form as it shows every start for each horse including trial starts and has videos of all of those runs next to the particular race or trial. Above the in-depth career review it also has the horse's career stats. Gear changes and you can look up stipe reports for each meeting etc etc.

It is far superior to what the TAB provide for doing any sort of form analysis.  

Advising Peter to go to the NZTR website is bit like advising someone to go to the petrol station to fill up with petrol.

I am sure Peter needs no guidance. However for actual form but not results on the day try clipform.net