RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Sickopunter

Does anyone think the TAB are giving punters a fair go?

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Clearly can't take the heat!

"The Brodster" is always on the money and you know that.

Pickel clearly is involved with the TAB as very defensive.

I know the Broadster is constantly moaning about the money and anyone who disagrees with the Broadster is will be labelled as being associated with the tab. 

2 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Nice to see you back Brodie, kotare was on you like a dog on heat, poon goon must be hibernating!

Thanks Flagship, but not back for long.

Just backing up what Sickopunter had stated and most punters I know also think.

Next to no value on opening fixed odds and lengthened out far too late for most.

Most punters probably do t care but when you are a serious punter or investor it does matter.

As I have previously said it is not necessarily the short odds but the fact that if we want to take u deed we are so restricted as to what we are allowed to win per bet!

The TAB want their cake and eat it too and many times over.

All the serious punters ask for is a fair go and an equal playing field with all other punters.

They constantly advertise about them being concerned about gambling responsibly when they don't give a toss and want to take as much money from the punters that they can!

But, if you are a winning punter, Christ we can't have that, let's stop them from winning, so who is left?????????

18 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Nice to see you back Brodie, kotare was on you like a dog on heat, poon goon must be hibernating!

Integrity must be maintained. Occasional contributors can't be allowed to invent their own facts.

PS: NO contributor should invent their own facts.

On 9/10/2017 at 4:29 AM, Basil said:

This thread is like deja vu all over again --- Dr Evil and Mini-Me once more banging on about their favourite (some might say only) topic.:P

Still, they certainly liven the place up!

If you are a punter who is being offered terrible odds for very small amounts what other subject is there?

On 9/10/2017 at 6:45 AM, Pickel said:

S

YOU proposed a Question as to whether Punters were getting a Fair Go.

YOU CHOSE as a case study the Top3 market for Addington Race 2 to help us answer your question.

The Tote Place divs on that race were $1.30, $1.30 and $1.70.

The Opening Fixed Top3 market offered $1.70, $2, and $2.05 about these horses.

I think Everybody, including yourself, reading this thread will answer "Yes" to your question.

Fixed Odds is all about First In, First Served - that's why connections love them - the winner of the race you chose opened $4.50 Fixed and paid $1.70 the Tote.

Looks like the Punters made a fair pig of themselves getting their Fair Go out of Addington Race 2, the value was certainly exploited by the time that you looked.

It would be good if all questions in the Industry had such an obvious answer.

ALSO, during this thread I put forward the statement (not question) that the NZ Harness Opening Odds are the most punter-friendly in the world.

No doubt you will join with me in being happy that no-one has refuted this statement.

Fixed odds are all about the price not changing. The TAB would like you to think its a gold mine betting early but that's when they scam punters who don't understand their abhorrent practices of hugely unfair market percentages. Is there occasionally a horse they get wrong... sure. But that's not what I am talking about. I'm talking about the fact that overall their profit margin is far too high and its forcing punters (and punting owners) away in droves.

For what its worth I was interested in the second horse who was the fifth place favourite on fixed odds and still under even money. Not good enough. The fact it closed a short tote price at the death is more to do with Aussie bookies etc laying off to the punters who take their tote products. Or some idiot who doesn't understand how a tote market works. But that's probably way over your head. 

You can say the NZ Harness Opening odds are the best in the world if you like but then tell me how many countries have a monopoly on their harness betting. It's apples and oranges. So don't be a lemon.

By the way I can't confidently say that any of Brodie and my detractors on this topic work for the TAB. What I do know is that the vast majority of punters don't understand how the %s work or how to calculate them and a few on here who are taking the opposite and indefensible viewpoint do. 

It would be naive to think that the TAB have no-one on here to give an opposing viewpoint to those who are attacking the TAB for the way they run their business.

1 hour ago, Sickopunter said:

By the way I can't confidently say that any of Brodie and my detractors on this topic work for the TAB. What I do know is that the vast majority of punters don't understand how the %s work or how to calculate them and a few on here who are taking the opposite and indefensible viewpoint do. 

It would be naive to think that the TAB have no-one on here to give an opposing viewpoint to those who are attacking the TAB for the way they run their business.

Brodie didn't even understand what a market % was when he first joined racecafe so he's definitely no 'pro' as anyone who punts seriously definitely understands that basic part of punting. 

1 hour ago, Sickopunter said:

If you are a punter who is being offered terrible odds for very small amounts what other subject is there?

He's been told 20 times how to get around it, if you honestly can't then you don't deserve to repeat yourself every 2nd day bleating on about the same old subject. 

Talking about terrible odds , I nearly choked on my beer when I noted this.......... last nights mismatch Canterbury V Counties, Get this for having BALLS !!

With 30 minutes to go with the score at Cant 50 /Counties 5 the TAB was offering............... wait for this ........... $101 for a draw.

WTF

4 hours ago, ivanthegreat said:

Talking about terrible odds , I nearly choked on my beer when I noted this.......... last nights mismatch Canterbury V Counties, Get this for having BALLS !!

With 30 minutes to go with the score at Cant 50 /Counties 5 the TAB was offering............... wait for this ........... $101 for a draw.

WTF

It's bad but still seen a lot worse. I've seen them leave dead horses in fixed odds markets. 

33 minutes ago, Sickopunter said:

It's bad but still seen a lot worse. I've seen them leave dead horses in fixed odds markets. 

Still be restricted by them though!