RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

That's a great story

Great result, Shelley does a great job with a small team, ably assisted by her right hand man, son Matt. 

Not many better blokes in the game than one Grant Cooksley. Many readers on here wouldn't know that he won a Great Northern chase in 78 if my memory serves me correctly.

And the loyal owners that have been the backbone for Shelley for a good number of years.

Great result for all concerned, and another G1 from the best training centre in NZ!

On ‎3‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 7:09 AM, Chris Wood said:

Great result, Shelley does a great job with a small team, ably assisted by her right hand man, son Matt. 

Not many better blokes in the game than one Grant Cooksley. Many readers on here wouldn't know that he won a Great Northern chase in 78 if my memory serves me correctly.

And the loyal owners that have been the backbone for Shelley for a good number of years.

Great result for all concerned, and another G1 from the best training centre in NZ!

Remember it.... Ballycastle.

On ‎3‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 9:40 AM, Chris Wood said:

Shelley and Lance McFarlane mostly.

Ah ok.  Thanks Chris.

It's hard to get really expert track riders I believe. There is something about some of these trainers who ride their own work ...  likes of Anne Herbert back when she rode her own work .... just knew her horses so well - soundness, fitness - everything about them.  Tit for Taat won 5 group ones for her.  

Well done Shelley.  

Great job by Shelly to keep an 8yo on top of his game.  G Cooksley gave the others a lesson on how to ride. The race was a great example of the tenacity and durability of the NZ thoroughbred. But it also highlights the reason why the industry is on its knees.  Baker excluded, where are the top line 4yos competing at this level?  Well, we know where they are...enhancing other racing durisdictions and their gambling pots.