RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

Hastings tracks & Sween's hair

47 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Bit harsh on the track curator Midget. BS is one of the worst tipsters and comments person ever to grace a racing TV show. Those that actually listen to him and his tips deserve to be out of pocket by days end.

Bit harsh, he's a good fella even if he's no tipster.

I was only taking the piss anyway, but on a serious note that track looks awful with yellow patches ( rotten roots I presume ) and uneven unhealthy turf.

Maybe they haven't been able to mow it with the weather but it's certainly a bit shabby looking for a G1 day 

4 hours ago, Midget said:

I was only taking the piss anyway, but on a serious note that track looks awful with yellow patches ( rotten roots I presume ) and uneven unhealthy turf.

I didn't have the pleasure of seeing the tv coverage - too much on so was on the go with ear-plugs in.   So are we talking the bit the horses gallop on - or Bevan's thatch here Midget? 

;)

I'm not too bothered about their tips to be fair - although I do get sick of them blithering on ...

I know they 've gotta talk but to save me reaching for the mute button i'd prefer they talk about some stuff I might not have known like the breeding/close relatives/ interesting facts re owners/etc - I guess it depends how you look at those guys.  I know it's a betting sport - but I don't see them as my betting guides so I don't too  much care about what they'd put their money on ... I suppose it's hard for them to please all of us ...

Cheers, J

PS: but if they are going to play the picking game why don't they round everything up at teh end of teh day and tell the punters how each of the tv ppl (eg Emily, Sweens etc) went as far as their picks?  (this would be interesting and might alsoserve to stop them picking half the field .. )  

Agree Jess. They have job to inform and entertain. If the information is not of a sufficient standard then they should be called into line. I know it happens in Asia. They are supposed to be paid professionals. It cannot be that hard to monitor tips/selections, and then contract help/advice if needed.

As for "entertain"...(yawn)....thank god the racing was good to watch!