RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

Put your name and selection here if you're in for LGL

Hi Midget

The points have never really worried me too much as its the fun of the competition (with its quirks) that interests me. However I cannot get my head around how as at 11 September I had 26.6 points then on Saturday select Camino Rocoso at odds around $3 and play my joker and end up going backwards to 11.6 points. Admittedly I have not followed the scoring regime but now cannot figure it out at all.

2 hours ago, shaneMcAlister said:

Hi Midget

Is it correct I only move from 61.2 to 90 points after laying Francaletta at $2.40 and playing my Joker?

Thanks

That should've returned about 180 points taking you to approx 240,  I'll check it later 

1 hour ago, rdytdy said:

Bit lost also:

Was on 48.1 and played joker on Black Heart Bart in a G1. Now on 32.1.   

BHB at 8.50 gets you say 24 points in a G1, then Winx was -40 so your bet change was about minus 16.

Does that add up Ted ?

Thanks 

2 hours ago, Sayer said:

Hi Midget

The points have never really worried me too much as its the fun of the competition (with its quirks) that interests me. However I cannot get my head around how as at 11 September I had 26.6 points then on Saturday select Camino Rocoso at odds around $3 and play my joker and end up going backwards to 11.6 points. Admittedly I have not followed the scoring regime but now cannot figure it out at all.

Have you ever played your joker ?

42 minutes ago, Midget said:

BHB at 8.50 gets you say 24 points in a G1, then Winx was -40 so your bet change was about minus 16.

Does that add up Ted ?

Thanks 

???  Why the deduction of 40 for Winx?  I never selected her and did nominate to play the joker on BHB.

Let me advise my 51 staff, and my 5 kids, and various friends, that I won't be available for a few days while I sort this out.

Now I understand how important this is to those of you who don't have a business, family, or friends, but can we agree that you'll just PM me with your grievance, I'll sort it when I get time, let's say by Thursday, but that you won't clog the thread in the interim with this terrible injustice.

i will sort it, but let's just do it privately by PM

Thanks.

23 hours ago, CT said:

Hey Tom, yes I got my ticket the other day.

I wouldn't be surprised if they retired the great mare after the race so might be the last chance you get to see her race.

Looking forward to it.

Look forward to your Birdcage reports you did 3 years ago - really like them and made a few dollars - are you going to do it this year

30 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

I went onto Dillo's selection instead who ran second.

Ted,please admit that you were at The Morrinsville TaxindaNot parade today.

Lee and I think we saw your favourite Gumboots featured on the News.

(Mind you ,Ted, my vision was a bit askew after Impulsive Habit actually stood up and said "I wanna be a Racehorse ")

So how could you  know your personal score  in this Competition!!

Ted, I might shout you an allup in a few months, when your Makfi filly lines up on a premier day into a very special horse who thinks his Father is Iffraaj.

OnePrizeOneGoal. ( If he ever finds out the truth we are doomed ).

4 hours ago, Sayer said:

Hi Midget

You played the joker on Winx by default, minus 40

4 hours ago, rdytdy said:

Bit lost also:

Was on 48.1 and played joker on Black Heart Bart in a G1. Now on 32.1.   

Apologies, had you on Winx too, my mistake, I think you should be about about 48+72 = 120...is that about right ?

2 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Sorry to be a pain Midget but Newmarket started last weekend at 80.9  Layed Black heart in a Grp 1 in the weekend and played the joker on it and have somehow ended up on 64.4.

I had you on Winx by default, must be my mistake, let's say BHB gets you 72 points so I'll correct it to 153, is that about right ?