RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

Put your name and selection here if you're in for LGL

Not quite correct. Four times they have met. They met twice over 2000m, once in the 3yo Royal Stakes when Stolen Dance was pulled up when James McDonald thought she went amiss. The second time when Consensus beat a very unlucky Stolen Dance by a nose over 1400m at Ruakaka:

Stipe Comment: Began awkwardly and then was further hampered losing ground as a result then was briefly held up, shifting out across heels to obtain clear running.

And the other occasion being the Bonecrusher Stakes 2000m where Consensus  finished third and Stolen Dance fourth with Consensus superior on the day.

They also met over 1600m in the Cal Isuzu Stakes with Stolen Dance winning and Consensus finishing fourth.   

Consensus clearly has the superior record past 1600m with Stolen Dance not winning past 1600m.

If both mares were meeting over ground then I would have Consensus on top.

I had Stolen Dance rated higher over 1600m, (a distance where she beat Consensus) having had 12 starts for 7 wins and 3 placings compared to Consensus with 13 starts for 3 wins and 3 placings and also Stolen Dance's superior course record at Te Rapa 5 starts for 3 wins and 2 placings compared to Consensus with 7 starts for 2 placings.

The weather with the rain now will have a significant influence as Stolen Dance has never placed on a track worse than dead whereas Consensus has on slow tracks from 5 starts won twice and once second. Not at Ruakaka but at Ellerslie on a Slow 7 and Riccarton on a Slow 8 (in stakes company). Her second was in the G2 Rich Hill Mile on a slow 7.

33 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Doesn't change the fact Consensus is 3/4 against her but keep blubbering about what might have been.

When she best SD at Ruakaka she gave her weight, and a beating, and wasn't Vavasour fourth ?

As for the slow 7 at Ellerslie, sure it was, they ran 1.36 home in 34 and change !!!!

You're absolutely right about Kim not being a miler though.

Doesn't one of them have G1 beside he name too ?

As for the Cal Isuzu, yes Kimmy hates Te Rapa and is not quite as good left handed so that's no surprise. I was only asking a question C because I couldn't be bothered looking myself. SD of course loves Te Rapa so I'm expecting it'll be another result in SDs favour today.

If the tracks Slow7 or worse lay Stolen Dance all day! 

Consensus also proven with 59-60kg, and ran super first up in a similar type field with same weight.

Love your twist here though as obviously this is a stepping stone for two very good mares, very tough!

No trap, I firmly believe Stolen Dance is better than Consensus at 1600m on a good to dead track , particularly at Te Rapa as pointed out and more than happy to lay Consensus in those conditions. 

Yes, it was a good run at Hastings given the circumstances which I also had a good look at

The rain is now the upsetting factor for SD, nothing more nothing less.  If SD does somehow finish in front of Consensus in today's conditions I will consider myself somewhat fortunate now. 

I won't be backing either today also.  

Well there you go. They finished last and second to last. 

I must admit that at the 400m when C was travelling much the better and SD was under pressure and going backwards and was last turning in that I thought I was a goner. I shifted my attention back to what was happening up front and pleased to see Pacorus get up for third as that gave me the trifecta. :) 

Then couldn't believe that SD had got past C but with ABC easing C down meant SD under a ride was able to get past in the closing stages.

Fortunate indeed.  

Still alive to fight another day...just. :blink:  

On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:53 PM, rdytdy said:

I must admit that at the 400m when C was travelling much the better and SD was under pressure and going backwards and was last turning in that I thought I was a goner. I shifted my attention back to what was happening up front and pleased to see Pacorus get up for third as that gave me the trifecta. :) 

Then couldn't believe that SD had got past C but with ABC easing C down meant SD under a ride was able to get past in the closing stages.

...glad I did not see the race, by sounds of it.  My sudden blood-pressure rise may have blown an eyeball out.  Several mistakes - hearing the weather report in first place, TRUSTING it... but when the rain did come I thought i'd pulled the right rein ... Te Rapa + rain on day = lottery... I knew SD wouldn't like it - but there you go, eh?

Thanks to our host for the comp, good luck the remainder...

As we say around here....First In , First Cubed.....

Race 6...Pentathlon #6...Not win

Race 8...It's Somewhat #1...Not win.......we think we are all out of double points joker play but if not we will play now

Race 9...Kaspersky #4...Not Place

Race 9...Seaburge #6...Not Place

Race 10...Wolfe Tone #8...Not win

Fascinatingly enough Cubity was gonna lay Winx for not winningness but with the only option being not placeingness Cubity thought again and got less brave

Good luck to all competitors and Thanks to the organiser and scorer....and of course sponsor

10 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

M12  R6   (2)  Libran

M12  R8   (2)  Lucky Hussler

M12  R9   (1)  Happy Clapper  &   (6)  Seaburge

M12  R10 (3) Salsamor

Don't know if I will survive today. These look tricky. :mellow:

Waiting for a lead from CT TEd?

or a third option......barred

I'm sure he would love to join in the harmless banter on offer here.

And we will be missing out on ball by ball reports from the parade ring at the Valley this arvo also.

Good punting

33 minutes ago, Memphis2 said:

or a third option......barred

I'm sure he would love to join in the harmless banter on offer here.

And we will be missing out on ball by ball reports from the parade ring at the Valley this arvo also.

Good punting

It was his choice... he could not take the harmless banter thats why he is where he is and will be until he does the right thing and apologizes.

Thought it would tricky in Aussie today. Gone (cheers ears) along with Southland leaving four left at this stage with a couple of races to go.

CT continues to sail along in the lead without a loss of a life with the remaining three Davy1, D Burrow and Cubes all trailing and having all lost one life each.

CT will be at bookie microscopic odds to take this out and book a table at Headquarters :D