RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

Put your name and selection here if you're in for LGL

1 hour ago, turny said:

Look forward to your Birdcage reports you did 3 years ago - really like them and made a few dollars - are you going to do it this year

If the cell phone coverage permits I'll put a few on course comments up.

The wet weather put a few people off last year so there weren't as many on track as there could've been.

If it's a fine day this year and potentially Winx's final race it could be a sell out which might make it a bit tricky using your cell phone in the area. 

Will give it a go though Tom. B)

1 hour ago, Midget said:

Let me advise my 51 staff, and my 5 kids, and various friends, that I won't be available for a few days while I sort this out.

Now I understand how important this is to those of you who don't have a business, family, or friends, but can we agree that you'll just PM me with your grievance, I'll sort it when I get time, let's say by Thursday, but that you won't clog the thread in the interim with this terrible injustice.

i will sort it, but let's just do it privately by PM

Thanks.

We all seem to be enjoying this comp if it makes you feel any better. 

1 hour ago, Black Kirrama said:

Ted,please admit that you were at The Morrinsville TaxindaNot parade today.

Lee and I think we saw your favourite Gumboots featured on the News.

(Mind you ,Ted, my vision was a bit askew after Impulsive Habit actually stood up and said "I wanna be a Racehorse ")

So how could you  know your personal score  in this Competition!!

Ted, I might shout you an allup in a few months, when your Makfi filly lines up on a premier day into a very special horse who thinks his Father is Iffraaj.

OnePrizeOneGoal. ( If he ever finds out the truth we are doomed ).

I was there for sure Rev. Even spotted on the TV 1 news this evening. ;)

Lee had a nice win yesterday. Well done.  

9 hours ago, shaneMcAlister said:

We all seem to be enjoying this comp if it makes you feel any better. 

Of course you are, it's fun, that's why we've been doing it for the last seven odd years ( except for last year ), however when I asked someone to run it this year, because I'm far too busy, guess what.......not a single offer of help.....then the usual criticisms follow....."that's against the rules", "that's wrong"...blah blah.....

Why don't you just enjoy the FUN, we all know it's a shit show but that's a part of the chaotic fun....and there'll still be a winner of the $500 prize.

Spare a thought for my worst nightmare though, if that perennial loser Tommo wins it, and I've got to sit with the poxy prick and take food and wine with the grubby little cretin.

Now can someone please collate exactly who's lost a life for me and post it here.....pleeeeaaasseeee.......

Nope thats why after the ungratefulness of last year i thought why bother as we the ones putting up the dosh cop all the abuse... its a fun comp FFS and people need to just go with the flow... so what if its not a 100% correct, it will all work out in the end, and most of the moaners could not win if they started yesterday.... and as for CT ... good luck with that midget if it happens and it is a chance as he only snags 1 winner every few months....:blink:

Midget: Suggestion if I may.

The easiest way to sort out who has lost a life is for each remaining contestant to advise accordingly before start of play this week. I would imagine that anyone who has lost a life would indeed know so.

From that advice, when all have confirmed then place an asterisk beside the names of those with only one life left and it will make it easier going forward to assist with weekly results.

Anyone who has actually lost a life and doesn't register it on their advice this week is eliminated so honesty prevails.

I will start.

No life lost.  

•  
  •  

Here's my update after week two

Porky 192.7

... Picked Francaletta AND YEAH I still remain winless.

my score hasnt been updated properly mate ... as you still have me on 192.7 this week.

(i,m no rocket scientist, don,t envy your job, arn,t a moaner, just enlighting you to the fact)

so i remain a chance of meeting and drinking with the midget himself.

14 hours ago, Midget said:

M4 R6 #6 ......please explain 

Hi Midget

I had the following below:

"M4 R6 No6 Joker as compulsory"

"Awapuni R6 Francaletta Joker as compulsory "

I tried to make sure no mistake so put jetbet information down too, however looks like I put race 6 instead of race 7 as Francaletta raced in race 7.

I can live or die by the sword, your comp, you call. 

Thank you

I tried to PM but can’t seem to get it working on the café site.

The message doesn't seem to be getting through.

Midget is a busy man - he has 51 staff, 5 kids, ......  He doesn't have time to check and correct your scores.  People individually telling him whether they've lost a life won't help because he still has to read 40 odd different posts and record that information somewhere  (but for the record, I've lost both my lives - funnily enough on a horse that got beaten)

The golden rule applies, stop whinging, be grateful that Midget has put up the prize.

In summary, accept the twists, accept the score you've been given - treat it like a raffle - lots of people enter and by some random process one lucky person gets a night out with Midget.

If you're after proper competitions with accurate and timely scoring there's another forum where you can find that.  Not the same prizes on offer and missing the element of excitement that comes with uncertainty, but appeals more to those who like order, predictability, etc.......   

On 9/19/2017 at 9:07 AM, rdytdy said:

Midget: Suggestion if I may.

The easiest way to sort out who has lost a life is for each remaining contestant to advise accordingly before start of play this week. I would imagine that anyone who has lost a life would indeed know so.

From that advice, when all have confirmed then place an asterisk beside the names of those with only one life left and it will make it easier going forward to assist with weekly results.

Anyone who has actually lost a life and doesn't register it on their advice this week is eliminated so honesty prevails.

I will start.

No life lost.  

Please do as Ted suggests and preface this weeks entry by declaring whether you have lost a life or not.

If you don't tell the truth one of the resident train spotters will dob you in and you'll be disqualified from the comp.

Thanks team.

This weeks twist is Kawi for triple points, and multi him into the major party that gets the LEAST seats in the election Saturday night for a further triple points. That's a two horse field, Labour or National.

If you get both right you'll score 9 times Kawi's price, if you get it wrong and either Kawi wins, or your party of choice wins the most seats you're gone from the comp.

For clarity, and for those from Rangiora, if Kawi is paying $4 and finished about 6th again, and you pick Labour to get beat ( they should oblige ) then your prize will be $4 = 25 points, x three because it's Kawi, multiplied by another 3 for your well picked Labour losers, so you're 25x9 total, and in my book that's 225 points.

You don't have to take the election option, that's discretionary.

Go hard possums.

I've just had a call from a bloke from down Rangiora way, his simple question was this "can I take any horse other than Kawi and multi it into National to finish second in the election ?".

I said yes Billy Bob you can, and you'll get whatever points it earns, times three. So if it's in the G1 race, paying $10, and it gets chutneyed, you'll get the 10 points $$ value, times 2 for a G1, times 3 if National run second, so that's 10 times 6, or 60 points.

2 minutes ago, Midget said:

I've just had a call from a bloke from down Rangiora way, his simple question was this "can I take any horse other than Kawi and multi it into National to finish second in the election ?".

I said yes Billy Bob you can, and you'll get whatever points it earns, times three. So if it's in the G1 race, paying $10, and it gets chutneyed, you'll get the 10 points $$ value, times 2 for a G1, times 3 if National run second, so that's 10 times 6, or 60 points.

Fuck me Midget, that was private......:lol:

On 9/19/2017 at 9:35 AM, porky said:
  • ... Picked Francaletta AND YEAH I still remain winless.
  • my score hasnt been updated properly mate ... as you still have me on 192.7 this week.(same as after week 2)

????

and chuck us in for the Kawi / National double...they have both enjoyed a long stint at the top. (time for a holiday)

26 minutes ago, porky said:

????

and chuck us in for the Kawi / National double...they have both enjoyed a long stint at the top. (time for a holiday)

Porky what did you back last week that I missed champ, I need to sort your score out.

Was it Francaletta w the joker ? That's plus 187.5 and if that's correct you're now on 380.2 and that'll make you the new leader.

Best 

1 hour ago, Midget said:

Porky what did you back last week that I missed champ, I need to sort your score out.

Was it Francaletta w the joker ? That's plus 187.5 and if that's correct you're now on 380.2 and that'll make you the new leader.

Best 

I was missed out also - Awapuni R1 SATIN BELT with joker