RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

Put your name and selection here if you're in for LGL

5 minutes ago, Kloppite said:

In week 1 you posted this.  The group bonus and the quadruple points applied to Winx back then, hence my x2 comment.

If you've changed the rules that's your prerogative, but spare the Rangiora digs.

Grow up, last warning.

I don't need ungrateful and incorrect feedback from you thanks.

27 minutes ago, Kloppite said:

In week 1 you posted this.  The group bonus and the quadruple points applied to Winx back then, hence my x2 comment.

If you've changed the rules that's your prerogative, but spare the Rangiora digs.

Get a life ...Klopp  > Sorry you live where ever you live :

this is a fun comp and you should appreciate The Sponsors crazy Rules. Do you want to Put $300 into the next Lay of the Day Competition ?

29 minutes ago, Kloppite said:

Nothing incorrect about it.  Simply quoted verbatim what you said in week 1 and now that's changed.  

Last warning?  I'm out - cheers.

You are correct, I made a mistake, apologies for that, but I'm pleased you're out as I wouldn't enjoy sitting down with you.

You weren't likely to trouble the score keeper anyway so you won't be missed.

I need to clarify a couple of rules that I've mistakenly interpreted.

Firstly if you don't select a runner in any given week you lose a life.

Last week I subbed non selectors onto Dillo's BB, I'll adjust those later for next week but they'll be less 53.3 points.

Secondly, this confusing bonus on Winx and Kawi.

Initially I agreed you could use the G1 race triple points, coupled into say Kawi's triple points and then if you played a joker you'd get whatever Kawi earns by another three. That'd mean that if Kawi won a G1 race paying $5 you'd get 20 x 3 x 3 x 3 if you played your joker.

The Crucible and Peter Harrop pulled me up on this as it's clearly wrong. I subsequently clarified the matter back then.

Go check the first thread if you're a trainspotter.

The main reason it's wrong is that Kawi gets triple points in a G1 anyway, and Winx gets 4x points, so they've got their G1 bonus added in already. 

There's another small matter, G1 races are only actually double points under the old rules, lesser black type races are +150%.

Now having confuse you all here's the rule about Kawi, Winx and your joker one last time.

Either horse earns a triple ( Kawi ) or quadruple ( Winx ) bonus when they run in a G1 race.

They don't get the G1 double as an extra.

If you play your joker ( you have to play it this weekend ) you'll get another triple points.

So, last example, if Winx wins a G1 this weekend, and pays $2, you'll get 50 x 3 ( joker ) x 4 ( because it's Winx ) which is 600 points.

Now let's agree to just trust me on this.

I know it's a bit of shit show but that's how my life is, and there'll still be a winner, no one will die, and someone will get to enjoy the $500 prize, and hopefully invite me to join them at HQ for a large one.

3 hours ago, Diver Dan said:

"Fair point.

I'm the sole judge and you've been hard done by so I'm going to reinstate you."

You'll be reinstated on 1.66 points DD ( loss of 40 for a winner )

As will Redrew2000 who'll go back in on 142.7

7 hours ago, Midget said:

Last week I subbed non selectors onto Dillo's BB, I'll adjust those later for next week but they'll be less 53.3 points.

Secondly, this confusing bonus on Winx and Kawi.

Initially I agreed you could use the G1 race triple points, coupled into say Kawi's triple points and then if you played a joker you'd get whatever Kawi earns by another three. That'd mean that if Kawi won a G1 race paying $5 you'd get 20 x 3 x 3 x 3 if you played your joker.

The Crucible and Peter Harrop pulled me up on this as it's clearly wrong. I subsequently clarified the matter back then.

Go check the first thread if you're a trainspotter.

The main reason it's wrong is that Kawi gets triple points in a G1 anyway, and Winx gets 4x points, so they've got their G1 bonus added in already. 

There's another small matter, G1 races are only actually double points under the old rules, lesser black type races are +150%.

Now having confuse you all here's the rule about Kawi, Winx and your joker one last time.

Either horse earns a triple ( Kawi ) or quadruple ( Winx ) bonus when they run in a G1 race.

They don't get the G1 double as an extra.

If you play your joker ( you have to play it this weekend ) you'll get another triple points.

So, last example, if Winx wins a G1 this weekend, and pays $2, you'll get 50 x 3 ( joker ) x 4 ( because it's Winx ) which is 600 points.

Now let's agree to just trust me on this.

I know it's a bit of shit show but that's how my life is, and there'll still be a winner, no one will die, and someone will get to enjoy the $500 prize, and hopefully invite me to join them at HQ for a large one.

Less 53.3... ?! I'm only on 56.7 after having Volpe Veloce the previous week. How does that work...? :wacko:

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

Less 53.3... ?! I'm only on 56.7 after having Volpe Veloce the previous week. How does that work...? :wacko:

Those who did not post ( I presume you're one ) were given Dillo's BB....that in turn gave them 13.3 points added on when clearly the rules posted by me on day 1 say "I want to lighten my workload so if you don't post on time you lose a life".

Thus you had the 13.3 removed, plus another 40 for losing a life.

Is that fair and accurate ?

Volpe Veloce is another matter, if you didn't play your joker on her you'd have been about a 25 pointer, doubled for a G1 so you should have been on say 50 points.

Does that make sense ?

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

part of the fun of the comp Ohoka  !

Note to self for next year - read every post as otherwise you don't notice the goalposts shifting and new rules being introduced. hence my total elimination this week when picking a loser:blink:

My fault - and not having a go at midget - it was my own stupidity. Fun comp and appreciate anyone putting up their hard earned !

38 minutes ago, Midget said:

Those who did not post ( I presume you're one ) were given Dillo's BB....that in turn gave them 13.3 points added on when clearly the rules posted by me on day 1 say "I want to lighten my workload so if you don't post on time you lose a life".

Thus you had the 13.3 removed, plus another 40 for losing a life.

Is that fair and accurate ?

Volpe Veloce is another matter, if you didn't play your joker on her you'd have been about a 25 pointer, doubled for a G1 so you should have been on say 50 points.

Does that make sense ?

On that basis, the total should have been 63.3 less the 53.3 so down to 10.....?!  We were in Auckland for a Birthday weekend and got dragged out shopping and missed the cut. Might be good though if rules stayed consistent...this Indian giver approach is confusing...and I'm already a mile from the leaders turning out of the straight.......:rolleyes:

11 hours ago, Midget said:

Good clarification.  Did those people who picked in a non Group race in Oz (remember group races only over the ditch) - did they also lose 40 points and a life??

Folks, there's more twists and turns (and certainly more blood and gore) than an episode of Game of Thrones around this comp, but its certainly intriguing - so it is with some trepidation that I respectfully :rolleyes: ask about this sentence at the beginning of the other "rules" thread:

"This is a long version, from next Saturday until the last day of Riccarton Cup week carnival, and you have to lay something ( as an extra selection for double points ) in the Trotting Cup, Melbourne Cup, Caulfield Cup, Cox Plate, Arc de Triomphe, and all NZ G1 thoroughbred races ( even if they're midweek events )."

Couple of things I wondered about - may be good to consider before the event, painful tho that prospect may be; midweek event, fine, we just lay and get double points (?do we?), but if one of these quoted races is on a Saturday, do we lay one in there as an "extra selection" for double points, additional to the normal Saturday lay we would post, or do we just lay one in the quoted race?  Also, the "all NZ G1 ... races" bit, does that mean if there is an NZ G1 thoroughbred race on a Saturday, everyone in the comp has to lay one in that one race?

cheers, and sorry to add to the pile of straw on the camel's back...  its stacking up higher than a Shanghai scooter...

I'll just keep making the rules up each week so keep reading the thread and enjoy the shit show that it is, and hope you win because HQ is amazing.

FYI Michael Fay reportedly once said to his staff on KZ1 at the very first America's Cup challenge  "you need to understand the golden rule, I've got the gold so I make the fucking rules".

Same applies here......and the rules change every week.......

Just think of it as a marriage to some mad hormonal woman ( is there any other type ?), it's in that style, you never know what to expect on any given day and that's half the fun.

Looks like another awful weekend's racing in NZ, there's just one black type event at each meeting

Meantime in Ozz both Sydney and Melbourne have four or five decent black type races, including the mighty mare.

This weeks twist is that you have to play your joker if you haven't already played it, and if you don't play it I'll do it for you, and the good news, you're automatically playing it on Winx.

I remind you that you can play Winx as an extra lay alongside any other choice, or you can just lay her on her own, and she's at 4x your points, just because she's awesome.

To clarify that for those who come from Rangiora, if she's paying $2 you'll get 50 points x 4 ( because she's Winx ) x 3 ( if you play your joker on her ) so that's a 600 pointer.......or you get chutneyed.......

Next weeks twist will involve the election and the Joe Parker fight, stay tuned ......

17 hours ago, Midget said:

Looks like another awful weekend's racing in NZ, there's just one black type event at each meeting

Meantime in Ozz both Sydney and Melbourne have four or five decent black type races, including the mighty mare.

This weeks twist is that you have to play your joker if you haven't already played it, and if you don't play it I'll do it for you, and the good news, you're automatically playing it on Winx.

I remind you that you can play Winx as an extra lay alongside any other choice, or you can just lay her on her own, and she's at 4x your points, just because she's awesome.

To clarify that for those who come from Rangiora, if she's paying $2 you'll get 50 points x 4 ( because she's Winx ) x 3 ( if you play your joker on her ) so that's a 600 pointer.......or you get chutneyed.......

Next weeks twist will involve the election and the Joe Parker fight, stay tuned ......

Indeed short stuff. Some excellent racing at headquarters this weekend.

One horse in particular I'm very excited to see so I'll be trekking out there on Saturday. B)

20 minutes ago, CT said:

Indeed short stuff. Some excellent racing at headquarters this weekend.

One horse in particular I'm very excited to see so I'll be trekking out there on Saturday. B)

Go on, give us the name of that horse and say its a sure thing,   I need a pick for this week :P

20 minutes ago, premixer said:

Go on, give us the name of that horse and say its a sure thing,   I need a pick for this week :P

Unfortunately he's not running in a Group 1 or 2 so can't help you there. :P

Let's just say I'll be putting your business class return airfare on him to win.

Have you booked your ticket to the Cox Plate yet? B)

16 minutes ago, CT said:

Unfortunately he's not running in a Group 1 or 2 so can't help you there. :P

Let's just say I'll be putting your business class return airfare on him to win.

Have you booked your ticket to the Cox Plate yet? B)

Flights booked, just working out accommodation details today, probably a crown hotel so I can get reward points transferred across to my bookie account.

1 hour ago, premixer said:

Flights booked, just working out accommodation details today, probably a crown hotel so I can get reward points transferred across to my bookie account.

Sweet. Metropol is good. Cheaper and newer than Crown Towers. 

I'll be staying at Crown Towers next month for the Mrs's bday. B)