RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

Put your name and selection here if you're in for LGL

On 9/7/2017 at 4:43 PM, Midget said:

You've got 3 G2s and a G3 race at Rosehill, and 2 G2 races at Moonee Valley to pick from if you want the 50% bonus points.

So only one selection Midge...??  No bonus for having a go at more than one, or is that getting too hard...?

44 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Guys why not just follow the rules as they are, Midget is good enough to put up the comp lets just follow along and have some fun without all trying to have a bob each way.

Not trying to have a bob each way, just want to know if I get 50% more for picking in a  Listed race or not.  Can't see any Listed races this week but might influence my selections in future weeks.  

18 minutes ago, hesi said:

Getty was in a Listed race last week, so need to adjust scores for Mainland Rookie, Huey and Nick, from 23.80 to 35.70

I'm not so sure about that.  Listed races didn't have the +50% last week - that's a current week development.

12 hours ago, N1MUE said:

Do Listed races get a 50% bonus now?  Original post (different thread) suggested Group 2 & 3 got 50% bonus but nothing about Listed.

Old rules said black types races plus 50%, black type in my book is listed, G3 and G2.

G1 is plus 100%.

If you want to run the show just say so though, no hard feelings, I'll happily step aside and withdraw my prize, as I did for Rdytdy last year.

BTW the old rules also say that if you play your joker on a horse that wins you lose double, -80....you laid Winx....loser.... shove that -80 up your chutney.

2 hours ago, Midget said:

you laid Winx....loser.... 

worth a crack given the points on offer - I don't think I was the only loser to lay her

This week I'll have Ellerslie R7 #1 Amanood Lad for triple points - thanks

15 hours ago, Peter Harrop said:

Can we opt in or out of 'the twist'.? I wanted to lay one of the 2 favourites in the GN but part of my reasoning for it is that there's a good chance it won't complete the course :)

No, you can't opt out, if you pick one in the Great Northern you're up for triple points, or you're gone.