RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

Anyone want to play Losers Get Laid ?

I can't remember the rules exactly but if 2admin2 can drag them up I'll put up a $500 voucher at HQ ( Headquarters ) for the winner and a bottle of $100 wine for the runner up.

This is a long version, from next Saturday until the last day of Riccarton Cup week carnival, and you have to lay something ( as an extra selection for double points ) in the Trotting Cup, Melbourne Cup, Caulfield Cup, Cox Plate, Arc de Triomphe, and all NZ G1 thoroughbred races ( even if they're midweek events ).

All group races earn extra points, G2 & G3 get a 50% bonus, G1 races get double points.

As an extra, if you lay Kawi in any G1 event you get an easy triple points.

The HQ voucher has to be used by the last day of the January 2018 NZB sales series, and it's not transferable.

You get two lives then you're out, and you get to play one joker at your discretion at any time for triple points.

You can play your joker on Kawi in any G1 race for an easy triple triple points.

If Kawi runs in the Cox Plate you can lay him for 10 times points, and if he wins the Cox those who laid him will get a $200 HQ voucher each.

You can also lay Winx ( as an extra bet ) any time she runs, for quadruple points.

Mike Dillon's best bet from the shabby Herald each Saturday is our mystery guest and if he runs true to form and wins the whole comp the $500 can  go the the City Mission.

The interim leader at the end of each complete calendar month ( September and October ) gets a 50 point bonus.

And the final twist, on election day you can multi your political choice, Labour or National, to your lay of the day for a multi, in other words both parties are at evens ( that's $2 for those from North Canterbury ) and you've got a multi going with the party that loses and DOESN'T form the government into your lay of the day. If you pick the wrong party, the one that does form a government, you're chutneyed that day as it's a winning bet.

Usual story for calculating your points, the F/O starting price is inverted to 100, in other words a $4 shot earns you 25 points, a $2 shot gets you 50 points.....blah blah.....

Who's going to run the show for us ?

Admin, I'm only good for this if it stays on the TB forum, if you switch it to the tipping forum my offer is withdrawn.

Guest 2Admin2

I'll look for the rules and post them for discussion.

Guest 2Admin2

The "rules" have had a couple of incarnations....

Last set was this:

THE RULES

1-The competition will run for twelve rounds - every Saturday from next weekend (14 November) until Wellington Cup day.  Note, there will be a round on New Year's Day (Friday) as well.

2-The competition is open to all members of Racecafe.  One entry per username/login - you can't post multiple entries for you, your daughter, your mother-in-law, etc ......

Of course you must be in from the start.  It wouldn't be fair to allow people to join later on as the aim is to last twelve weeks without picking more than one winner.  Late entrants will be permitted in Week 2 although they will start on a score of -40 and lose a life (ie. as if they'd picked a winner in week 1).  No late entries after week 2.

3-Each selector will post one "lay" each Saturday.  This can be on any NEW ZEALAND thoroughbred race, or at one of the nominated Australian thoroughbred race meetings, run that day.  I will post a selection thread each week which sets out the meetings you can select from.

4-Your selection MUST be posted before midday each Saturday.  Obviously if there is a race before midday and you want to use that race, then you must post before scheduled start time.

The midday deadline will be enforced.  If you miss the deadline in week 1, you won't be in the competition but can be a late entry in week 2 (as outlined above). 

After week 1 those who fail to post before midday will be allocated the BEST BET.   I will nominate the BEST BET horse on the selection thread on Friday evening or Saturday morning - I will aim for it to be the bookies most favoured horse.

You can post one sub (can be in a different race to your first selection) - this will be used if your first pick is scratched, late scratched or abandoned.

Any scratchings can be replaced up till midday...after this you're on the BEST BET.

If the BEST BET wins you lose 40 points and a life.  If the BEST BET loses you survive but you don't earn any points.  This means there is a good incentive to post.

If your horse is officially late scratched (and you haven't posted a sub) you may have no chance to change it...indeed you can't after midday.  Therefore if you're late scratched and don't/can't post a replacement you will survive but score no points.

If you're scratched normally you will go on the BEST BET unless you post a replacement before midday.

Abandoned races or meetings count as late scratchings.

Note you can only post a replacement pick if your original selection is scratched, so make sure the first pick you post is the one you want.

If the BEST BET is scratched you earn no points but will survive the week.

5-All losing "lays" will score points.  Points scored = 100/win dividend

A lay paying $100 will earn 1.00 point.
A lay paying $2 will earn 50.00 points.
A lay paying $4.30 will earn 23.26 points etc.

6-The first time a selector picks a winner they will lose forty points...the second time they pick a winner they're out.   For this competition a deadheat for 1st counts as a win and you lose forty points and a life.

7- Joker - each entrant will have one joker which they can play in any of the 12 rounds should you wish.  You don't have to play your joker at all if you don't want to.  The joker will double your score during that round - both positive or negative ie. if your selection wins you lose 80 points (but you only lose one life).

8-Points will be calculated from the official TAB closing win dividends on their website.

9-The competition will end after 12 rounds or when everyone has been eliminated.  The three entrants with the most points at that time will win the prizes - see below.

10.  Prizes - Moose has kindly offered $155 and I will put up $50.   First place will earn a $130 bet, 2nd place a $50 bet and third place a $25 bet.  Moose and I will place bets to these values chosen by the top 3 and they will get to keep any profit earned on this bet - if they're successful they make some risk-free money and this allows us to recycle some or all of the money into the next competition.

I will top the winners bet up by a further $50 should they go through all 12 rounds without picking a winner and tally 325 points or more - that's an average of 25 points per round allowing for the joker. Tony averaged over 25 points without losing a life last time.  I don't think it can be done again and am putting my money where my mouth is.

Guest 2Admin2
3 hours ago, Midget said:

Is someone going to run this comp,??

I'm happy to do it but only if the rules are clearly defined.